Cher Lloyd - I wish - cancelled?

Goodboy2686Goodboy2686 Posts: 76
Forum Member
I thought Cher was to release I wish on Monday but its no longer on itunes or amazon to pre order. Have they decided to scrap it?

Comments

• ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as the album has been pushed back while she finds some more "magic" in the studio
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    I think as the album has been pushed back while she finds some more "magic" in the studio

By 'magic', do you mean cocaine?
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »

Is that a rumour?
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »

No, I think it's a direct quote from an interview... She talked about her album being pushed back & being unhappy about it.

I feel for her, but the song is not taking off, so maybe the label is right to be concerned... Or waiting even longer is a mistake cause her previous album has been out for a while already & new music is needed to remind people that she is still here.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    Is that a rumour?

No, just a joke.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been pushed back to January because of the busy end-of-year shuffle. Not that it'll make a difference.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    No, I think it's a direct quote from an interview... She talked about her album being pushed back & being unhappy about it.

I feel for her, but the song is not taking off, so maybe the label is right to be concerned... Or waiting even longer is a mistake cause her previous album has been out for a while already & new music is needed to remind people that she is still here.

I don't think it was Cher's decision, I seen a video of her last week saying she is sick of LA Reid keeping her waiting, he hasn't decided a date yet.

Infact here is the video.

http://www.idolator.com/7490383/cher-lloyd-la-reid-label-drama

How is the song doing in America anyway?
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I heard her say in an interview that she's pushing back the album because she wasn't happy with the final product.

But still, it doesn't mean she shouldn't release I Wish.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it wasn't ever officially announced for release here

The fing is wiv ole Cher she aint been wiv the Syco for a cupla years now, it's all Mr Reid now so...what he says goes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did Syco drop her or did she leave?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear former contestants delaying albums never bodes well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    did Syco drop her or did she leave?

dunno. Who ever knows? bit of one half a doz of the udder i expect.

I think LA wanted her and Cowell thought ok have her. And there's no point being with 2 labels is there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear former contestants delaying albums never bodes well.

sometimes releasing them bodes worse;)

edit: strange word 'bode':confused:.....but anyway
  • RidolfoRidolfo Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    sometimes releasing them bodes worse;)

Porcupine, anyone? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridolfo wrote: »
    Porcupine, anyone? ;)

watch it...that's a prickly subject
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The singles from her last album at the very least got stuck in my head while I Wish didn't. It wasn't helped over here by a decision to release the single before the video; that pretty much guaranteed it wouldn't chart. But I think she really needs to get back to her roots and stop being so LA. LA types are a dime a dozen and she isn't going to stand out via a stellar singing performance.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's only had one hit single in America. The album lasted about 3 weeks in the hot 100. She just isn't popular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    The singles from her last album at the very least got stuck in my head while I Wish didn't. It wasn't helped over here by a decision to release the single before the video; that pretty much guaranteed it wouldn't chart. But I think she really needs to get back to her roots and stop being so LA. LA types are a dime a dozen and she isn't going to stand out via a stellar singing performance.

back to her roots? she's only had one album:D

are you thinking of the other Cher;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    She's only had one hit single in America. The album lasted about 3 weeks in the hot 100. She just isn't popular.

Ah but apparently she has a major career over in the US (that apparently she has conquered), that we must have missed. Any 15 minute 'success' story over. At the back of our minds we all knew it wouldn't last.
    Forum Member
    back to her roots? she's only had one album:D

are you thinking of the other Cher;)
    I meant go back to being more British, hopefully that doesn't come off weird on a UK-based forum. I think it was distinctive to US audiences. I Wish sounds just like all of our big pop acts here, which all draw from the same half dozen production studios it seems. And many of those acts are more famous or can sing better. Lots of international acts are doing fine here, no need to Americanize so much.

I hate her new teeth, by the way.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dunno. Who ever knows? bit of one half a doz of the udder i expect.

I think LA wanted her and Cowell thought ok have her. And there's no point being with 2 labels is there?

I am pretty sure she is still a Syco act, they still have her listed on Syco's official twitter.

Epic is her US label and Syco her UK, Leona is with Syco in the UK and RCA in the US, One Direction and Rebecca are with Syco in the UK and Columbia in the US. It's not unusual in having more than one label.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it'll be a shame if it is cancelled because i love the song [dont really care for her but i love 'i wish']
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it'll be a shame if it is cancelled because i love the song [dont really care for her but i love 'i wish']

I Wish is gonna be denoted to a "buzz single", they've gone back to the drawing board and will relaunch the album with a new single in Spring. You can sing Want U Back over the top of I Wish, I think she just got lucky as radio has refused to touch anything else by her. She needs to ditch the bubblegum pop if she wants to get anywhere.
    Forum Member
    She needs to ditch the bubblegum pop if she wants to get anywhere.
    Yep. Be urban and faux rap, be strong if not aggressive, be weird. Want U Back, love it or hate it, had that growl to it. Like I said I Wish doesn't have much distinctive about it.

Curious how radio decides en masse what to support. I thought it was all about $$ over here.
  • CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    She is still signed with syco. For the short time that I wish was on UK iTunes for pre order "Syco" was listed at the bottom,