Options

Mummy's Little Murderer-Channel Five, 9 pm

13»

Comments

• Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, there's a complete lack of human feelings. Hard to get inside such a head, thank goodness.
  • Options
    Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    Her parents... I know... It doesn't bear thinking about.

Are these the parents who allowed a young, carefree, [ shallow ? ] girl to travel alone to the other side of the world ?

I have to say both sets of parents don't come out of this very well.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are these the parents who allowed a young, carefree, [ shallow ? ] girl to travel alone to the other side of the world ?

Really? Do you "have" to say? You really don't you know and it would be much better if you didn't.

Resort to blaming the victim, or in this case the victim's parents.

Do you realise how shallow you sound?
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Is this going to be repeated?
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member

I agree. I can't help thinking that if she had been staying with her parents, they would have stopped her going off with Turner when he came round to argue with her just before midnight.
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the covert recording of hime talking to his parents was the most chilling. So matter of fact. Discussing it like they were talking about a mildly irritating incident.
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Is this going to be repeated?

You can watch it on the Channel 5 website http://www.channel5.com/shows/mummys-little-murderer/episodes/mummys-little-murderer
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, and while it's clear his parents never said "no" to him, I suspect the same is true of hers. Didn't it say they couldn't control her, or stop her going out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's always been the spoilt mummy's boys about but he was so obnoxious you really did wonder how he could attract friends and lovers. But I suppose bragging,bravado and wonga do have magnetic qualities. That poor lass was taken in by all the flash and being ready a rebel was not the first to fall for the " bad boy". Difficult to tear a half baked teenager away and it's easy for guardians to make the bad boy even more attractive. We are assuming the grandparents are " elderly". Being in ones fifties or sixties, you can easily have teenage grandchildren be just as capable of protecting a capricious girl. Protection is the word and ,legally that young lady should not have been frequenting the places she did..especially not without a dad to drag her home..little old fashioned me!!!!! Kids need caring for even if they hate you for it and at the same time we need to make sure we still communicate with those who think they are all grown up. It's never easy and my heart bleeds for parents who thought they were doing the right thing. They will spend the rest of their lives thinking "if only"As to her looks..yes she was a stunner..but I agree with the poster who writes would it be any less tragic had she been a homely quiet little thing? Never has the wish that he rots and prison that becomes hell seemed more appropriate.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her looks don't come into it for me, but since you made the point, I think it would have been just as tragic if she'd been a homely, quiet little thing, of course it would, but somehow I don't think such a girl would have been attractive to this brute and I don't feel such a girl would have been at all interested in him...
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Odious creature - he really was. I would be absolutely mortified if my son behaved in the manner he behaved - before he'd even killed that poor girl. To indulge your child like that is a form of emotional neglect - as you are raising a child with no morals or boundaries. No-one has ever said "no" to him so his sense of entitlement was limitless. They are to blame for creating such a monster and probably still feel he's done nothing wrong.

Wasn't overly impressed with any of his friends either. They came over as spineless hangers-on who were also indulging him and his every need. They knew he was violent and had the potential to really harm someone - especially when rejected - and yet did nothing.

What a totally revolting group of people they all were.

Agreed.

As for the murderer, he is a truly regugnant odious excuse for a human being and his parents are no better. I sincerely hope any hard time he is getting in prison continues for the length of his sentence, that make me feel a little better about paying for his keep.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Just watched this programme tonight on Channel 5, I had never heard of this case before, poor girl and what an arrogant swine!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    With her grandparents in Bournemouth.
    I think the Grandparents were further out than that, in the Dorset countryside. I also thought Elliot lived near Sandbanks or at least hung around there. I have never understood the attraction of Sandbanks. It is crammed with tiny apartments which are a playground for spoiled brats with too much bank of Mum and Dad going on.
    This story has been shown before on the CI channel where it was far more detailed.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I felt exactly the same.

The mother in particular should have got far longer than a derisory two years. From the 'bugged' conversations between the parents it did seem that at least the father was trying to explain to his wife that they were perverting the course of justice and even said, "he strangled her". Neither parents were decent people, but the mother was a deluded conniving cow. As for the spoiled piece of sh*t they called a son, lets just hope someone gets their hands on him inside.

She was an incredibly beautiful young girl with her whole life in front of her. Why girls like her attract bast*rds like him i will never know.

Must admit I also felt his "friends" (doubt they will be now) came across as a bit 'matter of fact', but as ex-public schoolboy 'hooray henry' types they'd also led privileged lives.

Prison is way too good for the likes of that t*at. I'd sooner him put in the town centre stocks, have his pants pulled down, given a damn good thrashing, then put to unpaid hard manual labour every day for the rest of his life.

If there is one lesson I'd really like to teach young women it's this : Don't put up with being treated badly by ANYONE They will not change. If a person treats you badly it's got nothing to do with you and the way you act, it's all to do with THEM.

Such a sad case - her parents must be going through hell even now.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her parents looked quite young. I doubt if the grandparents were really ancient.

Not a good idea, though, to allow a pretty 17 year old the freedom to party with types like Elliot Turner......

The 'friends' were obviously still in touch with him. During the programme, they were showing one of his letters written from prison.

Tragic, terrible case. Why would they think of releasing him in 16 years ?? He will come out to the cushion of his parents money & it could all start again !!
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must catch this. I have seen another programme and was struck as others have been with what a cold evil bitch the mother was. There in no punishment that our courts gave out that comes near to the curse of having been brought up by this inhuman specimen. However I thought that the father was mainly weak. He seemed really appalled by his son's behaviour and sorry for the girl. With another wife, he might have been a good father and decent person.

I will watch this now and see if I change my mind at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it and pretty similar to what I've seen except it didn't show that his father was appalled and sad for the girl, even if too weak to do the right thing.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    Watched it and pretty similar to what I've seen except it didn't show that his father was appalled and sad for the girl, even if too weak to do the right thing.

I thought that came through on the tape recording when he was talking to his wife. he didn't seem like he was in denial, more that he was trying to convince her of what their son had done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that came through on the tape recording when he was talking to his wife. he didn't seem like he was in denial, more that he was trying to convince her of what their son had done.

On the other programme there was something about him making some gesture of affection to the remains. If I remember correctly, I think her parents appreciated it.