Options

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Comments

• Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with some achievements? The first terminal on pillar of autumn didn't unlock for me :(

Yeah I've got one saying unlocking and has said that since Thursday.

I also had a problem yesterday, where I said to resume the mission I was on and it had skipped forward a bit to a different part of the level.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've got one saying unlocking and has said that since Thursday.

I also had a problem yesterday, where I said to resume the mission I was on and it had skipped forward a bit to a different part of the level.

I had a similar skip. Except it skipped the entire 343 Guilty Spark level on H:CE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a similar skip. Except it skipped the entire 343 Guilty Spark level on H:CE.

It was in H:CE but Library, as I had been fighting the Flood, but was still trying to escape. When I loaded it was still Library, but the cut scene of the portal and following the drone.

Edit - just looked at the level names on Halo Nation and I can see that I was doing 343 Guilty Spark when the skip happened, and then I got moved straight to Library.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone had a problem with saving on Halo 2?

I have saved and quit mid level a couple of times and each time when I have resumed I am back at the start of the level.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    Has anyone had a problem with saving on Halo 2?

I have saved and quit mid level a couple of times and each time when I have resumed I am back at the start of the level.

Yup everyone is getting that on Halo 2. Not sure if it's a bug or a 'feature'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up playing for now until the patch fixes a few issues with the campaign like achievements and skipping levels.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what the 1434mb update is for? It seems like everyday it when click on the game it says needs updating.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also the game has loaded up at the start one of my missions and not at my last checkpoint so had to do it all again. Not sure why this has happened but it better not be a sign of things to come.
  • Options
    AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the 1434mb update is for? It seems like everyday it when click on the game it says needs updating.

Matchmaking I believe.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »

Try looking two posts above yours ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long does this take to install? Just got the Xbox 1 set up after queueing up for hours, I use all the download codes that came with it, I finally insert a game to play and after about 10 minutes Halo is 2% installed
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Depends on the size of the patches and your download speed.It seemed to take forever for me but i did mine at launch.

Tried some multiplayer today, waited in a lobby for 5 minutes before i was joined by just 6 people, game was finally about to begin and i was kicked out into the lobby.

They really did f**k up with this game. Multiplayer could have been such a good experience for old and new players alike, but i'm just left feeling like i don't care anymore. I'll finish the campaigns and quickly uninstall it from my HD to make room for a working game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded it offline was pretty quick, played the first two levels kept dozing off during the second level and randomly flipping the vehicle, its fully installed now so i've turned the online back on and now I'll go to sleep while everything else installs

I find it kind of funny that I went through standing in line for hours to get an X1 and the first game I played is one from 2 gens ago
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Downloaded it offline was pretty quick, played the first two levels kept dozing off during the second level and randomly flipping the vehicle, its fully installed now so i've turned the online back on and now I'll go to sleep while everything else installs

I find it kind of funny that I went through standing in line for hours to get an X1 and the first game I played is one from 2 gens ago

2 gen old but still one of the best FPS around.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    343 industries have announced the what they are going to do compensate for the launch issues.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you
    By Bonnie Ross - 8 hours ago

Last month, I promised the Halo and Xbox community that addressing the matchmaking issues and other bugs impacting players’ experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection was our #1 priority. We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results and we’re encouraged by the feedback we’re hearing from you. Another big challenge was met when we added fan-favorite playlists, such as SWAT and Halo: CE, back to our matchmaking menu and we plan to add more soon. Next week, we’ll release a content update that will add all 10 episodes of the cooperative experience “Spartan Ops” for Halo 4, and will address other issues. I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

This has been a humbling experience and highlighted how we as a studio can – and need – to do better for Xbox fans around the world. We are so grateful to our fans who have stood by our side and we appreciate all of your patience as we worked through these issues. As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*

1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
    Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
    Exclusive In-Game Avatar

* For specifics on eligibility and further details on the offer, visit the FAQ here.

Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One. As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free. We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months. But for now, here’s what you can expect:

Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

“Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

The satisfaction and joy of our fans is absolutely critical to everyone at 343 Industries and we regret the issues and the frustration you have endured. We are truly sorry and thank you for your continued patience and support of the Halo franchise.

Sincerely,
    Bonnie Ross
    Head of 343 Industries
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halo ODST for free as an apology, I can live with that :)
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Halo ODST for free as an apology, I can live with that :)

I thought it looked pretty decent and better than was offered for the cough *driveclub cough cockup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as they include the Firefight multiplayer mode, I think I spent more hours on that game mode than any other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an apology!
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    As long as they include the Firefight multiplayer mode, I think I spent more hours on that game mode than any other.

In the FAQ about the announcement 343 already confirmed that Firefight will not be included.

What I'm not sure on is does this offer apply if you just played the campaign, i didn't try online given all the problems matchmaking
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the FAQ:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you-faq
    Content and 1 month of Xbox Live Gold will be provided to all players of the “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” game on any day from launch on November 11, 2014 through December 19, 2014 at 11:59 pm PST (all Gamertags that have logged activity in the game via Xbox Live during this period will be eligible). Xbox Live Gold will be delivered as early as mid-January 2015. Offer is non-transferable.

I take the bold bit to mean you don't need to have played the MP - you just need to have run the game while connected to XBL.

I'd assume/hope that 343i would realise that some people probably avoided the MP completely while it was broken, and therefore wouldn't penalise them by making the freebies only available to people who tried the MP.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear another broken game launched onto the market. Do they not playtest these things any more? Destiny is still a pile of crock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gary77 wrote: »
    In the FAQ about the announcement 343 already confirmed that Firefight will not be included.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(