Options

Adele snubs Band Aid 30

niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Adele is not on the new single.

In my opinion that's entirely her decision and my opinion of her hasn't changed one bit. On the other hand, for Sir Bob Geldof to make public her lack of interest in supporting his project has massively reduced my opinion of him.

Maybe she is doing other charity work? Maybe she thinks yet another band aid single inflicted on the world is a bad thing? Maybe she needs to rest her voice?

Her reasons for not taking part aren't know, but until supporting Bob becomes compulsory, he should keep his mouth shut and be grateful anyone is helping him.

Will this now be an implied threat over all artists? Sing on my record or I'll report you to the red tops?

www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/adele-snubs-band-aid-30-4636911

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt she actually SNUBBED him, as the Mirror has tried to emphasise, and I don't think you can necessarily blame Geldof either - he was asked why she wasn't there and gave an honest answer.
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    I think 'snubs' is the operative word. She could have acknowledged the invitation but said no, rather than ignore it.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Everyone else managed to get something from the buffet then.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    This is probably one of the few songs I will buy I don't think I've bought a single since Band Aid 20.

Pity she didn't do it but it's up to her I guess as said she may have already had other commitments
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt she actually SNUBBED him, as the Mirror has tried to emphasise, and I don't think you can necessarily blame Geldof either - he was asked why she wasn't there and gave an honest answer.

Yes I can, it was Band Aid that put her name out there before she'd agreed to sing in the first place:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a609038/band-aid-30-confirms-line-up-adele-in-talks-1d-ed-sheeran-confirmed.html#~oVLHxTmUBH6vHq

No wonder he was asked why she wasn't there. More blackmail from Sir Bob. Tell the world you're "in talks" with one of the worlds biggest stars, then see if they have the guts to ignore you. She did, and good for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An inaccurate headline to write a story that doesn't have any substance, typical of newspapers like this.

I thought it was going to be a totally new song.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He put the boot in by saying that she isn't doing anything at all at the moment, to emphasise it as a snub. How does he know? Is he her manager?
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the same tune with the same words or have they produced a different song?
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a snub at all, she may have other commitments, or think the project isn't worthwhile in supporting, after all there are other ways to donate, like giving direct to the Ebola fund (probably gets more money that way) than having to sing on an awful song.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Not a snub at all, she may have other commitments, or think the project isn't worthwhile in supporting, after all there are other ways to donate, like giving direct to the Ebola fund (probably gets more money that way) than having to sing on an awful song.

Exactly! And the same goes for buying an awful song.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never thought Sir Bob quite the nice person others think he is.

He wants his name out there again and he will jolly well get it, even if it means stepping on others to do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly! And the same goes for buying an awful song.
    It will still keep other awful songs from getting the number one spot hopefully it will keep X Factor from getting it this year
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will still keep other awful songs from getting the number one spot hopefully it will keep X Factor from getting it this year

For once think I would rather have X Factor's single as the number 1, though in an ideal world neither.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For once think I would rather have X Factor's single as the number 1, though in an ideal world neither.

Yes, fair point. Every cloud...etc :)
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Bob Geldof is a prick. End of.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she told Bob the bore to **** off and to stick band aid up his arse :cool:
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she just doesn't want to be part of an embarrassing product and overall utterly pointless exercise.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob Geldof is a prick. End of.

agreed :cool:
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never thought Sir Bob quite the nice person others think he is.

He wants his name out there again and he will jolly well get it, even if it means stepping on others to do so.

Indeed.

I'm longing for the day his rusting halo drops down and chokes him.
    Arrogant self aggrandising sod.

How dare he negatively comment on anyone who won't do his bidding?
  • Options
    Forum Member

like the Band Aid song have all 3 of them even the 1989 one which wasn't very good but I do like the song and support the cause.

As I said even though I really can't stand some of the singers on it I will buy it and I count count the amount of singles I've ever bought one my hands and 99% of them are charity songs
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I really am amazed. Last time I said something not nice about old Bob it felt like the whole of DS was on my back in moments :o:D
  • Options
    Sam_Clarke1Sam_Clarke1 Posts: 3,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he "name and shame' those that turned him down on the previous versions

Seem to remember something about the Human League and the original version ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Indeed.

I'm longing for the day his rusting halo drops down and chokes him.
    Arrogant self aggrandising sod.

How dare he negatively comment on anyone who won't do his bidding?

Honest and to the point, well said.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And from the article (the "won't pick up the phone" remark), it looks like she and her manager aren't on speaking terms right now which is rarely a good sign...

Maybe he arranged something without asking, or should have been quicker on the 'not available right now'? Even if it's the headline writer that makes it sound like blackmail, everyone else is likely to be sort of guilty too - next time she appears in public there will be all the "so why didn't you do it" questions...
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't blame her , did you see some of the people that are on it , one direction , olly murs , good grief , i would be embarrassed to be on anything with that lot and to top it off i saw nick grimshaw turn up ..