Options

The DS Eurovision Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    I think we should do our big one-off finale and that can be our big budget ESC-style contest and then every so often when we get a bit bored or when there's an off-week during the on-season we can do one off fantasy weeks and that can be our much smaller budget, less important JESC! :D

I like the sound of that.:) I've been sooooooooooooooo tempted to change my entry this week but am determined to hold back and use the song I'm watching at the mo in a later poll.......aaargh!:D
  • Options
    WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I'm not so sure a winner of a heat will win the final... here's my theory...

Because people know the song has done so well before... subconciously they will be disuaded from giving it as many points and will go for the underdog instead. I think we may see a runner up crowned champion ;)

i think the one that got the most 12 pts will win as that is a clear favourite amongst people. It's the ones that got lots of middling votes that are in trouble, they'll easily go elsewhere :confused:
  • Options
    ShadyNathanShadyNathan Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the one that got the most 12 pts will win as that is a clear favourite amongst people. It's the ones that got lots of middling votes that are in trouble, they'll easily go elsewhere :confused:

Time will tell... but I hope you're right ;):D
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very happy with the winner and thanks for all the points wasnt expecting 4th :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Very happy with the winner and thanks for all the points wasnt expecting 4th :D

I totally agree with what you said about your entry - everything was shit apart from the song. I loved it in the end! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marrakech wrote: »
    I totally agree with what you said about your entry - everything was shit apart from the song. I loved it in the end! :D

Can't believe the song totally flopped in the end over here so catchy. I blame that audience of oap's :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Can't believe the song totally flopped in the end over here so catchy. I blame that audience of oap's :p

Maybe if Lucky Twice has toured some nursing homes in the UK, things would have been different! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if Lucky Twice has toured some nursing homes in the UK, things would have been different! ;)

It would have had the old people rocking :p They were excellent singing live too ;) haha
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 2 points are missing off of Shirley Bassey.
    and my 7 are missing off of O-zone...not that it matters lol
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6th PLACE // 78 POINTS
    WeeblesWobble
    HONG JIN YOUNG // "LOVE ME"

12 BBAnne
    07 Jaccobabe, weedydiamond, wombatofludham, Cherry7Up, ShadyNathan
    06 sbrum1984
    05 Claire83
    04 DamienS, EuroChris, portugal
    03 marrakech, NightFox_Dancer
    02 ValerianForrest

1st Ksong I gave points to. Surprised to see it do so well :)
  • Options
    WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    1st Ksong I gave points to. Surprised to see it do so well :)

Glad you liked it :D K-Pop is awesome!! Thanks for the votes x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm I'm not so sure a winner of a heat will win the final... here's my theory...

Because people know the song has done so well before... subconciously they will be disuaded from giving it as many points and will go for the underdog instead. I think we may see a runner up crowned champion ;)

Yeah I think something like this will happen and not even down to just runners-up. I know a lot of the songs in the earlier rounds which didnt get points from me will end up getting points in the final as they have grew on me

I have quite a mixed bag so far in the semi finals lucky-twice,marina and Robyn. Also we have to remember we know who the songs belong to in the semis and final...will we see typical Eurovision tactical voting :p
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    10TH PLACE // 66 POINTS (10 voters;1 douze)
    sbrum1984
    KATHERINE JENKINS // "Love Never Dies"

12 NightFox_Dancer
    10 Pdm1987
    08 marrakech, Only_You
    07 WeeblesWobble, portugal
    06 wombatofludham
    04 BigBmad
    03 DamienS
    01 big bro geek

This was a strange entry for me as I knew I wouldn't qualify but I knew I had to enter Katherine at some point - I've seen her live twice and she's so good! 10th was better than I expected though so: bonus! Thank you for all the votes, especially that 12 NightFox :D

Now I need a corker to get me one more qualifier!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for the votes. I actually voted for the top 7 songs this week (!), I think, which is close to amazing.
    I thought O-Zone would do well, and surprised no one picked it before...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you liked it :D K-Pop is awesome!! Thanks for the votes x

Yeah, there are some Ksongs I really like.
    I really liked Korea. It's like my second home country; been there 4 times, and worked in a Korean school in the Philippines for more than a year...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    i'm amazed.. thanks to everyone who voted for it..
    congratulations jacobabe on your victory.. you picked a great song and i pleased you won.. sorry i never gave you any points but i knew it would win.. it was just outside my top 10..

It's OK, really. I think you gave points for Jane Wiedlin last Fantasy, so I'll forgive you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grr!!! The song I really wanted to enter cant be found on YT :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    9th PLACE // 66 POINTS (10 voters;3 douze)
    Claire83
    A-HA // "Foot Of The Mountain"

12 Chickens Hit, Valerian Forrest, Drew Peacock
    08 thms
    06 weedydiamond
    05 portugal
    04 WeeblesWobble, RogerMilla
    02 DamienS
    01 EuroChris

Thanks for the votes everyone! Hopefully a top 10 means I'm now out of the running in the wooden spoon contest ;) I considered entering Take On Me, but I thought it would be a bit too obvious- and I could really imagine this one being performed at Eurovision. I'm sure it sounded fantastic when you saw them live, Chickens.

I've no idea what I'm going to enter this week, I think I have an afternoon of youtubing ahead of me- I would like to have a song in the semis though! :D
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Grr!!! The song I really wanted to enter cant be found on YT :(

I've got the exact same problem even tho it was a top 40 hit in the past 10 years:confused:
  • Options
    weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the scores list Meryl - with I think one more contest to score in our "Best Ever Winning FM's" Contest (I won't be putting in the results of the semi final and final of Fantasy cos they've already been scored) there's a leader, but it's a slim lead and he/she can be caught!

This is the time to be extra specially vigilant for the song which could crown you victorious in Heat 8 of Fantasy! 4th, 5th and 6th places are covered by 2 points!

There is a (small) prize for the winning FM....

Pah! who cares about that when there is big news in the fantasy Wooden Spoon Contest? :D

As expected, Claire83 escapes the bottom five with a respectable ninth place, but shock, horror! weedydiamond has to hand over the wooden spoon to a new leader, and its not you wombat!

Weedys cunning plan to put in a festive and rock song into the contest failed to secure him the lowest score this week and he is overtaken by Cherry7Up. Also of note is a late charge from ValerianForrest, pushing DamienS up a place, but he needs cherry, weedy and wombat to qualify from fantasy 8 to stand a chance of taking the spoon. (and that’s not happening haha! ;) )

Here are the current running scores:
    25 Cherry7Up 15 20 21 20 23 NE 24 (123/6) = 20.5
    24 Weedydiamond 20 17 24 24 20 15 20 (140/7) = 20.0
    23 Wombatofludham 11 24 23 17 16 22 22 (135/7) = 19.3
    22 ValerianForrest 18 13 14 18 15 18 23 (119/7) = 17.0
    21 DamienS 19 23 18 13 18 11 11 (113/7) = 16.1

my song is entered, please dont vote for it!
    :)
  • Options
    ValerianForrestValerianForrest Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Pah! who cares about that when there is big news in the fantasy Wooden Spoon Contest? :D

As expected, Claire83 escapes the bottom five with a respectable ninth place, but shock, horror! weedydiamond has to hand over the wooden spoon to a new leader, and its not you wombat!

Weedys cunning plan to put in a festive and rock song into the contest failed to secure him the lowest score this week and he is overtaken by Cherry7Up. Also of note is a late charge from ValerianForrest, pushing DamienS up a place, but he needs cherry, weedy and wombat to qualify from fantasy 8 to stand a chance of taking the spoon. (and that’s not happening haha! ;) )

Hmm, it's very tempting to enter something utterly abhorrent this week to secure Wooden Spoon "glory". Then again, I could just enter a song I like and achieve much the same result :D

What's a boy got to do to get a break around here? :p
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, it's very tempting to enter something utterly abhorrent this week to secure Wooden Spoon "glory". Then again, I could just enter a song I like and achieve much the same result :D

What's a boy got to do to get a break around here? :p
    Something abhorrent please. :):D
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

aww i am doing baaadly

is there a complete list of this?? 1-25??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the exact same problem even tho it was a top 40 hit in the past 10 years:confused:

My original song was top 10 in the US in the early 90es. It could be that it's just blocked and that it would have turned up in a different country, but I managed to find a different song I am also quite pleased with :)
  • Options
    ShadyNathanShadyNathan Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far I have entries from the following...

Chickens hit
    Pdm1987
    BBAnne
    ShadyNathan
    Gottago
    Only_You
    DamienS
    NightFox_Danver
    WeeblesWobble
    RogerMilla
    Portugal
    BigBmad
    Jaccobabe
    weedydiamond
    EuroChris

So that's 15 entries so far... entries will close at 6pm tomorrow so get a wriggle on those of you who haven't entered yet :D
This discussion has been closed.