Options

The Kings Speech

OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
Forum Member
Anyone else really want to see this?
I saw a trailer for it and the cinema today and I am really looking forward to its release (January 7th 2011) as it's been tipped for Oscar nominations so i'm expecting good things. Also, it stars two of my favourite British actors: Colin firth and Helena Bonham Carter. And just saw it stars Timothy Spall, who is always good.
To be honest i don't find the concept all that interesting, but considering its cast and what people are saying about it i think it could be really good! :)

Comments

• Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do want to see it but you can tell that (unfortunatly) it wil be overlooked and not get a descent stint in the cinemas. Helena looks brill as Queen Ma'am though! I do want to see it, yes :)
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it. It is a very very good film, funnier than you might expect as well.

If The Social Network goes over it for best picture Oscar I'll be a little sad- King's Speech is better.
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    I've seen it. It is a very very good film, funnier than you might expect as well.

If The Social Network goes over it for best picture Oscar I'll be a little sad- King's Speech is better.

Ahh really? Must be good then :)

What time period does it actually cover? I do love these true type movies, and I am a sucker for the Royals- I just can't help it!
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    Ahh really? Must be good then :)

What time period does it actually cover?

1925 to the start of World War 2.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's all over the Country, but my local multiplex is showing it on Sunday evening, before the general release next week.
    :cool: