Options

peter and paddy fallen out?

OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi folks , how has peter kay and paddy mcguiness fallen out! paddy was saying on this morning that he doesnt speak to peter anymore! im in shock

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Ask the Showbiz lot, they know all the gossip and what they don't know, they make up.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's loads of threads in tv/showsiz about this.

basically it's to do with who gets credit for writing phoenix nights (or similar)
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who are they? Was he in Allo Allo?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    OnexOne wrote: »
    hi folks , how has peter kay and paddy mcguiness fallen out! paddy was saying on this morning that he doesnt speak to peter anymore! im in shock

thats because paddy eat all the pies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Ask the Showbiz lot, they know all the gossip and what they don't know, they make up.
    Sounds like the tabloids :D
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    There's loads of threads in tv/showsiz about this.

basically it's to do with who gets credit for writing phoenix nights (or similar)

i didnt think paddy was part of that.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OnexOne wrote: »

Youve taken you're time! Its a well known fact in the comedy world that these 2 fell out some time ago. Pete's not as winsome as his image projects!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Youve taken you're time! Its a well known fact in the comedy world that these 2 fell out some time ago. Pete's not as winsome as his image projects!:rolleyes:

This is new to me too!:o I guess I dont hang out in the right places for goss on the DS threads:D
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    This is new to me too!:o I guess I dont hang out in the right places for goss on the DS threads:D

I didn't know either.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    neither did i. Maybe that's cos i didn't care though.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    i didnt think paddy was part of that.

No, he wasn't, that falling out was with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice.
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont blame Paddy for falling out with Peter [I'm fantastic] Kay.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The falling out was with Dave Spikey and Neil Fizmaurice, which is why Peter Kay and Paddy MicGuiness went on to write Max and Paddy. I'd be surprised if they had fallen out, I reckon he just meant they hadn't spoken for a bit- they're both busy doing their own thing, after all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he wasn't, that falling out was with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice.

I think you're right, Peter and Paddy were friends at school, Peter was talking about him on Radio 2 last week, they still seem to be on speaking terms.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy McGuiness would still be a lifeguard at Horwich Lesiure centre if it wasn't for Peter Kay ... he should be kissing his boots, done very well with no discernable talent
  • Options
    suzielou1970suzielou1970 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Paddy was on the Alan Titchmarsh show a few week ago and he asked him if him and Peter would work together again. Paddy said they would probably get togehter to do something in the future but were both too busy at the moment.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay will be paddy's best man at his wedding next month.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, someone obviously got the wrong end of the stick about them falling out, afaik neither of them have ever said they had.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the misunderstanding was when Paddy said he hadn't spoken to Peter for a while, meaning he hadn't actually seen the guy, due to them both working on different projects, not that they were no longer speaking.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I think the misunderstanding was when Paddy said he hadn't spoken to Peter for a while, meaning he hadn't actually seen the guy, due to them both working on different projects, not that they were no longer speaking.

But lets not let the truth get in the way of starting some gossip! :D
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But lets not let the truth get in the way of starting some gossip! :D
    Showbiz would be dull if we all stuck to the truth;)
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter advertised Paddy's live show at his tour just last month, it was Spikey they fell out with.

Shame, Pheonix Nights was a bloody brilliant show.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, Peter Kay is a glory-hogging, money-grabbing arse and will trample on people to stay that way. There's another guy from Phoenix Nights who HATES Peter Kay, can't remember his name, but he played the nerdy guy with thick glasses.

Also Spikey has had problems with Kay as well. I remember his website, it was basically a merchandise shop to get you to spend, spend, spend. No bios or anything else. His DVDs released every year for Xmas are rehashed footage.. One was even just a collection of snippets. Normally those would be extras on DVD, but Kay was the first to release a DVD consisting of just extras.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Daniel Kitson who was in Pheonix nights to doesn't like Peter Kay. Daniel Kitson is a way better comedian anyway! He's treeee funny!