Deadpool (2016)

Comments

• deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its going to be a R/15 the studio have confirmed, and the language is about right for Deadpool
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's going to debut the trailer on tonight's Conan O'Brien show but I imagined it'll be bleeped, so it'll be worth waiting for the edited version on Youtube.

I can't believe i'm this excited about seeing a bloody trailer :)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I can't believe i'm this excited about seeing a bloody trailer :)

Same here :blush:
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its going to be a R/15 the studio have confirmed, and the language is about right for Deadpool

Just hope that it doesn't get censored to a 12 rating for the UK.
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6sS0qWzTdg

February suddenly seems a very long time away.........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6sS0qWzTdg

February suddenly seems a very long time away.........

It really does ..

They've made a few changes to the trailer they showed at comic con - the scene where the negasonic teenage warhead tells him her name is gone, which is a shame, but it's still brilliant and i've still watched it multiple times already!

I did stupidly watch the green band trailer first by mistake though .. doh!
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally. Colossus done right. Now I just hope he has a Russian accent and I'll be happy. Deadpool on the otherhand - looks awesome. I think they pretty much nailed everything.
  • Ben_CaesarBen_Caesar Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Interesting trailer but is this the same Deadpool that briefly appeared in that Wolverine movie a few years ago? That was a 12 rated movie and this is probably 15 so that's weird. I know nothing about the comics but has this character always catered for the more 'mature' audience of readers? Not that I complain since a gritty sweary bloody superhero movie freshens things up. But this is connected to the X-Men franchise right?

Noticed that one reference to Green Lantern and had to cringe. Looks to me that the studio are trying to compete with Marvel over who could be the more self referential. It's like they're saying 'hey we can make funny movies too!'. It's too obvious.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a Marvel franchise and the Green Lantern reference is probably to do with Ryan Renolds playing the green lantern in that terrible film a few years ago.

It will have nothing to do with any xmen film either as far as I know I'll happily be corrected if it is. It's a stand alone film made not to be taken seriously.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_Caesar wrote: »
    Interesting trailer but is this the same Deadpool that briefly appeared in that Wolverine movie a few years ago? That was a 12 rated movie and this is probably 15 so that's weird. I know nothing about the comics but has this character always catered for the more 'mature' audience of readers? Not that I complain since a gritty sweary bloody superhero movie freshens things up. But this is connected to the X-Men franchise right?

Noticed that one reference to Green Lantern and had to cringe. Looks to me that the studio are trying to compete with Marvel over who could be the more self referential. It's like they're saying 'hey we can make funny movies too!'. It's too obvious.

they've made no secret of the fact that they're going to be ignoring what happened in the x-men film.

as far as I'm aware, deadpool exists in the same universe as the x-men but they don't have any plans to go any further than the film next year, but it's not going to be tied in in the same way that all of the current crop of superhero films are.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Deadpool is NOT the same Deadpool from X-Men: Origins, just to be clear.

As with nearly everything Marvel, it's set in an alternate universe.

And Deadpool's USP is his twisted sense of humour and penchant for ultraviolence.
  • ddigitalukddigitaluk Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Days of Future Past erased Origins along with Last Stand. So that version of Wade never happened.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I'm very meh about this film. It doesn't excite me, nor do I think it looks shit.

Much like Fantastuc Four I may rely on reviews to decide if I go see it or not.
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the Red Band...
    I'm touching myself tonight...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X-Men spinoff Deadpool is apparently so impressive that a sequel is already in the works.

We're still six months away from the foul-mouthed assassin crashing into cinemas, but that hasn't stopped producer Simon Kinberg from planning for the future.

"We certainly are talking about the sequel - we were talking about the sequel while we were making the movie just because when you make a film like this that's from a serialized source material, you hope that it's the first of many," he told Collider."

"But yeah [Fox is] feeling good about it, we're all feeling really proud of it, so hopefully before it comes out we will be well into the process of figuring out a sequel."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a668471/simon-kinberg-says-a-deadpool-sequel-is-already-in-the-works-were-really-proud-of-this-movie.html#~polx5wApDP1L3L

This part of the article is really encouraging though ..
    "I have seen a rough cut of Deadpool and it's fantastic. It's a really good movie," he explained. "It delivers on the promise of the trailer… We really committed and leaned into it being R-rated.

"It's just darker and edgier and weirder in the best way - like Deadpool should be - than any other movie in the genre."
    Forum Member
    New trailer will be here on Christmas day :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, really looking forward to that. I won't be home, but at least i've got unlimited data on my phone so I can watch it the pre-requisite 18 times :)

I'd probably leave it at two trailers actually - it's not long to go until release day, so there's no real need for a 3rd trailer.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see the Star Wars film last night and they had a "age appropriate" trailer for Deadpool before it... so basically a trailer with absolutely everything funny or violent cut out of it and certain scenes redubbed with less offensive/suggestive language because there were kids in the cinema. They made it look crap.
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fox are really getting behind this after Fant4stic. and there is a growing social mdia campaign cranking up for after the TeenJedis fade in the New Year.
    If it makes bank, it will alert all the studios that there is a mass market beyond the hallowed PG13 rating.

Roll on Valentines' week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope it doesn't fall foul of screener season that's currently in full swing online - it really needs bums on seats in cinemas to make money.
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a casual a Marvel viewer, like the first two Captain America films ( the first is very good, the second even better. ). I've seen the Avengers films ( fun but unfulfilling) plus 2 Thor movies. Not a RDJ fan so avoid Iron Man like the plague.
    I know nothing about Deadpool. I've just seen the main poster and a picture of him sprawling sexily on a sheepskin rug in front of a roaring fire !
    I'm sold on just that picture- I'm really looking forward to this!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18 rated trailer passed by the bbfc today- http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/deadpool-filmtrailer-3

Ooh I do love that red 18 badge on stuff.
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIM1HydF9UA

February seems no closer.....
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm overly excited.

Deadpool feels a bit like Howard the Duck to me, a meta concept that the comic book writers think is funnier than it is and a character that gets too much air time as a result.

When making it R rated seems to be the most important thing then I start to worry.

Mind you I'm coloured by a recent Deadpool series I read which was Deadpool somehow managing to kill every Marvel Universe character. When it gets that stupid you know someone has lost the plot.