Terminator Genisys new trailer

15678911»

Comments

• TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's made $277m world-wide so far, if the budget was $155m (from IMDB) then they will probably not make their money back.

Marketing would have been a lot on top, maybe as much as $100m world-wide. More likely less.

Not a success, but not a total disaster. I suppose it was worth a go to see if it could still draw a crowd.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    The film has been out for 2 weeks now, it has made $70m in the US and $155m internationally, making a total of $225m.

Something tells me it isn't going to make anywhere near $500m worldwide.

As of July 19, 2015, Terminator Genisys has grossed $80.6 million in North America and $196.8 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $277.4 million (source: Wikipedia page).

Still well short of earning back its production and marketing costs from theatrical sales alone (it's estimated that it needs a $450,000 worldwide gross to do that).
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it.
    It's like there were 3 films being crammed into one, 3 distinct time periods - 1984, 1997 and 2017.

They didn't go to 1997
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I actually liked Arnold in this one, in T2 I cringed at him becoming human, 'why do you cry?', the thumbs up, here though his age made for a much more believable machine.
    I don't like how he became an inventor robot, cobbling devices and weapons together at the drop of a hat.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    What performance? As a hologram? :D He was barely in the film! He was even speaking like his Dr Who character. He was f*cking terrible.

That seems a tad harsh.

He was barely in the film (more of an extended cameo) & he sounded nothing like he did in Dr Who.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that anyone has mentioned that Arnold Schwarzenegger is not as popular as he once was.

Doesn't need mentioning; it's blatantly obvious.

His comeback hasn't set the world alight & although I've personally enjoyed most of the films he's done since coming back to acting, his comeback films haven't done that well.

It might be something to do with the fact that Arnie is a professional action hero & it looks ridiculous when a man of 65+ is still playing the 'Action Jackson' type role.
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maggie looks interesting though.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swishbaby wrote: »
    Crazy predictions. It will easily make $500M worldwide.
    I hate to say I told you so, but..... :D
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    seems a sequel may have been confirmed.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    seems a sequel may have been confirmed.
    The story is so convoluted now with Judgment Day on again and off again, Kyle and Sarah dead and then alive again. There's no dramatic tension anymore as the concept of resetting the future is now horribly overused.