Options

Poll: DVD/BluRay Buying Habits

Laura1981Laura1981 Posts: 152
Forum Member
Apologies if this has been done before.

I was talking to a friend at work, and she said her husband buys dvd/blurays as soon as they come, out even if he has not seen the movie first. I found this a bit strange, as I normally like to watch a film first to see if I like it, before I commit to adding it to my collection.

It got me wondering what other people did. Do you buy films unseen at full price or wait?

DVD/Blu4ray buying habits? 16 votes

Watch at cinema/rent before buying
12% 2 votes
Buy at full price, unseen
0% 0 votes
Seen or not, I wait until the dvd/blu-ray comes down in price before buying
31% 5 votes
A mixture, it depends on the film
56% 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Depends, if it's a film I missed at the cinema I will buy it, otherwise I tend to wait until they have come down in price.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally a film I am interested in I will see at the Cinema, if not I just wait until shown on Sky Movies.

Used to buy DVD/Blu Ray but to be honest with you I have found it to be a waste of money as usually don't bother watching them again, watching a film over and over again just bores me.
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Gave our blue ray player to my in laws. We either go to the cinema, record it, or stream it.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I have an unlimited card so I see most things that interest me at the cinema before I commit to dvd's.

If there is a film I miss and I really want to see it, I either rent it from the library (YES!!! :D) or wait a couple of months till it's one of the £3-7 ones that most supermarkets have.

If I've seen it and loved it, I tend to watch it a couple of times at the cinema and then I'll either ask for it for birthday/xmas or again wait till it's a bit cheaper in the supermarket. You don't have to wait that long these days till they're half the price of opening week so I don't see the point in buying them the day they are released.
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still rent DVDs and Blu-rays from Lovefilm. Only very occasionally buy films. See a lot of the new ones each year at the cinema. I go most Tuesdays when it's cheaper.