Options

Taylor Swift Vs Adele

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting for sure. I know GL is stewing right now but you know, it takes balls of steel and a lot of confidence to step away from a format that she has been so successful at, and jump into a new one. She will lose ten year old fans possibly but she will gain 20+ year olds. Which is what she needs to do. I'm happy for her. And she looked her age last night (specifically talking about outside of the performance). Great hair and makeup and dress.
    I'm liking this new Taylor. And I loved her comment about why the camera didn't pan to her during the CMAs. Flat out honest talk. Reminds me of Adele. Finally. :)

Exactly although its a genre that will benefit her it isn't without risk and that has to be admired. And thats what i've been saying for years im 21 and most of my peers riducle and do not or would not buy her records now she is turning things round and actually relating to her own peeers and becoming a woman rather than some naive ingenue strumming an acoustic gutar and it will only serve her in the long run and whilst she still as a person is not my cup of tea she's growing on me (a bit like mold :p)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What we shouldn't forget about the success of these women is the management behind them. I think Adele can trust blind at Jonathan Dickens or my new fave Lana stated last week she absolutly thankful for her manager, I bet the same is with Taylor.

Look at Britney Spears what happened to her, when she lost her manager who made her big.

And what I think for the mangement of Xtina... don't get me started.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Britney and her management the less said :o

And of course a good team behind you and its a good start in anyones book look at 1D without their management where would they be butlins red coats is where :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor Swift has officially gone to the pop side. That was a full on KP performance last night. The lowered lead mic (it was that way for most every performer though. Pfft.), the loud backing vocals and band, on stage costume change, lots of male dancers, dominatrix feel, awkward "dance" movements. Well really, the only thing that changed was the music style, more aggressive dancers, and dominatrix feel.
    Yeah, those were right out of the KP handbook.
    No shock and pause anymore which is a huge relief to me.
    She looked great.
    She's getting new fans.
    She had to do something, and she has. Well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfvzb63u0is

You are aware thats one of the crap pop songs on Red, no point trying to sing some chart pop pap song like she would normally sing live.:rolleyes:

I know adele has retired now but your futile attempts to discredit someone like taylor who has a very long and active futute in the music industry is becoming laughable.
  • Options
    shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are aware thats one of the crap pop songs on Red, no point trying to sing some chart pop pap song like she would normally sing live.:rolleyes:

I know adele has retired now but your futile attempts to discredit someone like taylor who has a very long and active futute in the music industry is becoming laughable.

Way to completely stray from the topic at hand GL. Divert w the "retirement" quote that you now holler, especially since your girl is not living up to your expectations and is selling out yet again. But really, how can that be surprising?
    Did you love the dominatrix gig last night? The stripping down to "sexy"? She's been paying close attention to Katy's live show. Or Rihannas or Nickis or Madonnas or Xtinas.

I've always said that Taylor has a weak voice w limited range. Never tried to sugar coat that. I say the same for almost every pop star out there. The mistake here is comparing her to Adele. That is just silly. As we have said, the only thing they have in common is noise comes out of their mouths.
    We need to compare Taylor w the other girls listed above. They are now completely interchangeable it seems. Except for management of course.

And GL. You've never said anything about Red selling for $3.99 on Amazon. That's in the works. Uh oh. Are we gonna see Red in the checkout line at Tescos? Product placement might be needed here. Stat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not really interested in taylors performances at award shows, she is a rock star born to perform in stadiums.
    When talking about taylor you need to take off your adele hat. When adele was in the music industry all she offered was award shows but you cant judge taylor on these.

Now this is what taylor was born to do. :) owning 70,000 people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kDJ2e4qBuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBNgbIwjQFQ&feature=related
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not really interested in taylors performances at award shows, she is a rock star born to perform in stadiums.
    When talking about taylor you need to take off your adele hat. When adele was in the music industry all she offered was award shows but you cant judge taylor on these.

Aehm, Adele played about 400 live shows, On youtube her offical live and bootleg videos has about 1 billion views, quite an archievement for one who offers only for award shows:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    Aehm, Adele played about 400 live shows, On youtube her offical live and bootleg videos has about 1 billion views, quite an archievement for one who offers only for award shows:p

400 live shows:eek: now come on get serious if you want me to reply.

I doubt she has sung 400 songs live let alone done 400 live shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    400 live shows:eek: now come on get serious if you want me to reply.

I doubt she has sung 400 songs live let alone done 400 live shows.

She was after signing to the record label alone one year on tour before she even started to record her first album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've stopped it at 15 seconds in. You don't see the problem w this already at 15 seconds in? First thing we see is a dramatic hair flip both vertically and horizontally. I live for this shit btw! This is hilarious to me. Her live show was so f*ing entertaining to me for this gold mine! And I'm only 15 seconds in. taking herself really serious now. Please Gawd, let there be a back bend or floor crawl in here!
    Nasally and no range. Yes, I see the pattern. 1:15 in. Flat and now pitchy. Here we go. Sounds like she has a cold. 3 minutes in and a second hair flip. Go girl! Feeling their pain now. Cos she understands. Nice.
    Is it impressive that she got them to sway their arms? Cos I could show you concerts with a lot of that stuff.
    More hair flipping and then a serious look. Cos this is serious y'all.

Oh man, GL. You don't get out to many shows do you? :o

That's what this shows me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBNgbIwjQFQ&feature=related
    I kind of wonder what she is owning them with. Not with her vocal abilities, that's for sure. Singing on these two was way worse than on yesterdays AMA, where it wasn't top notch either.

But whatever it was, people seemed to have a good time, and that's what they paid for.

As for Adele, another GL-statement revealing complete ignorance of the subject.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how you really move someone at a concert and have them still thinking about it weeks later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWsO41YkYpY
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Taylor Swift performance at the AMA's....people saying she should stick to just singing with a guitar etc and this performance isn't her and she is channeling Katy Perry types (I love katy!) Taylor has always done this type of performance!

See her on Youtube doing Haunted live from Speak Now tour! Very similar style!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've stopped it at 15 seconds in. You don't see the problem w this already at 15 seconds in? First thing we see is a dramatic hair flip both vertically and horizontally. I live for this shit btw! This is hilarious to me. Her live show was so f*ing entertaining to me for this gold mine! And I'm only 15 seconds in. taking herself really serious now. Please Gawd, let there be a back bend or floor crawl in here!
    Nasally and no range. Yes, I see the pattern. 1:15 in. Flat and now pitchy. Here we go. Sounds like she has a cold. 3 minutes in and a second hair flip. Go girl! Feeling their pain now. Cos she understands. Nice.
    Is it impressive that she got them to sway their arms? Cos I could show you concerts with a lot of that stuff.
    More hair flipping and then a serious look. Cos this is serious y'all.

Oh man, GL. You don't get out to many shows do you? :o
    That's what this shows me.

DS really needs a LMFAO smillie,.

But just to make you read em and weep... I have seen over 150 live professional gigs seeing some of the biggest artists who have every walked the earth.

And I would rather watch paint dry then see adele stand there singing for 4 minutes, its brings a whole new meaning to the word dire, thankfully when she was in the music industry she just sung on records.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    She was after signing to the record label alone one year on tour before she even started to record her first album.

Do you really know how long it would take to do 400 shows, sorry whoever told you that was on a windup
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS really needs a LMFAO smillie,.

But just to make you read em and weep... I have seen over 150 live professional gigs seeing some of the biggest artists who have every walked the earth.

And I would rather watch paint dry then see adele stand there singing for 4 minutes, its brings a whole new meaning to the word dire, thankfully when she was in the music industry she just sung on records.

I really don't believe a word you say. I think you are full of shet, tbh. If you had seen 150 shows then you would have seen at least a couple of good singers and you'd know the difference.
    Clearly, you do not. And yes I understand that you say it's not about the voice or the sales or the talent (or lack of). It's about selling stadiums out to ten year olds and their moms in the US. I get it GL. That's where you set the bar.

I hope that TS jumps headlong into pop and leaves behind the 15 year old princess image. I hope she continues to stray far away from the pigeon hole you like her to be in.

And I see 50+ shows a year and I've seen far better and quite a few worse than TS. At this time she is middle of the road, safe for tweens to listen to. Nothing more, yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And just to clarify. That video you posted of TS above. That was a relief festival. All day event w a lot of bands, including Coldplay. Those 70k didn't show up for TS. They were stuck there for her while they waited for other bands.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Do you really know how long it would take to do 400 shows, sorry whoever told you that was on a windup
    I don't know about 400, but she did a lot. In my concert directory I have at present 156 subdirectories. These are not all of her shows by any means, as we simply don't have videos from all her shows, about many we don't even have info. She started with small gigs in 2006, mostly as one of performers or a support act, and had quite some live performances under her belt before her first album came out, including a headliner tour of UK in autumn 2007.

If we count as live performances her radio shows - and she was asked to sing in majority of them, and not just one song either - we would probably come to 400 or maybe more.

Whatever the exact number, saying she JUST did albums is complete ignorance. You don't know much about Adele, do you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Shades i think your point more than proven and dsimissed :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how you really move someone at a concert and have them still thinking about it weeks later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWsO41YkYpY

Totally agree. That is how you connect with an audience. One of my friends was there that night and said she couldn't stop crying. An amazing performance.

As for Taylor, I don't see her as much of a live performer. I like her voice on record but she just doesn't have an appealing voice live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorginaPL wrote: »
    I don't know about 400, but she did a lot. In my concert directory I have at present 156 subdirectories. These are not all of her shows by any means, as we simply don't have videos from all her shows, about many we don't even have info. She started with small gigs in 2006, mostly as one of performers or a support act, and had quite some live performances under her belt before her first album came out, including a headliner tour of UK in autumn 2007.

If we count as live performances her radio shows - and she was asked to sing in majority of them, and not just one song either - we would probably come to 400 or maybe more.

Whatever the exact number, saying she JUST did albums is complete ignorance. You don't know much about Adele, do you.

Most artists take up to a decade to do 400 live shows, but if your counting odd songs here and there for radio as a "show" then we can all play at that game.
    Along these lines If adele has done 400 I would guess taylor has done 4000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And just to clarify. That video you posted of TS above. That was a relief festival. All day event w a lot of bands, including Coldplay. Those 70k didn't show up for TS. They were stuck there for her while they waited for other bands.

Yeah they really looked like they were stuck there, they looked really miserable didn't they, all 70,000 hated every minute.:rolleyes:
    The fact taylor owned 70,000 fans when she only done a 4 song set really proves what a rock star she is, and she was only 19 when she played that gig.
    Astonding, and of course that speach she made (most of it on the fly) just leaves you speachless, the woman is pure and utter class.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they really looked like they were stuck there, they looked really miserable didn't they, all 70,000 hated every minute.:rolleyes:
    The fact taylor owned 70,000 fans when she only done a 4 song set really proves what a rock star she is, and she was only 19 when she played that gig.
    Astonding, and of course that speach she made (most of it on the fly) just leaves you speachless, the woman is pure and utter class.

That crowd was not enthralled, lol. They were making the most of it. Have you ever been to a festival? No, don't answer that.
    Totally underwhelmed here.
    Most of them didn't know who she was. And probably did not care. A kid who had made millions by 19, who has no idea what it's like to be on your own trying to survive. Yeah, they freaking loved her at that relief concert.

Edit: From that very same relief concert. This is f*ing owning a crowd GL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZORJRMM1XM
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most artists take up to a decade to do 400 live shows,

Taylor's last tour was 111 dates over the course of a year and Lady Gaga's last tour was 201 dates over the course of 18 months so it wouldn't be difficult to play 400 live shows within a couple of years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clancey83 wrote: »
    Taylor's last tour was 111 dates over the course of a year and Lady Gaga's last tour was 201 dates over the course of 18 months so it wouldn't be difficult to play 400 live shows within a couple of years.

Exactly KP did 90 for her first major tour, 110 for her second not including dates on the warped tour so her text tour could easily get near too if not 400 itself if your big touring artist with a large fanbase and have a number of casuals you can just about do it in 3 or more album campaigns ;) I think Rihanna after 4 is over 400 shows.