Options

Who will follow on from David Attenborugh?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Stephen Fry has recently quit QI and said one reason was he was doing more travelling and documentaries.

He's done a few nature ones as well.

What an appalling thought. It's a no thanks from me.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Stephen Fry has recently quit QI and said one reason was he was doing more travelling and documentaries.

He's done a few nature ones as well.
    Didn't he narrate a documentary quite recently where he was speaking so slowly that it ruined the entire programme? Can't remember what it was now.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who'd get the job of fronting nature docs? The narrated ones make it easy for them to be sold abroad and overdubbed. All sorts of thesps have done them - Tilda Swinton narrated Galapagos and the really irritating one recently about a baby penguin was done by Kate Winslet.

I wonder if the BBC will go more for the "expedition" type of natural history programme where there's several presenters - eg Lost Land of the Volcano

George McGavin, Steve Backshall, Gordon Buchanan - all excellent presenters in that one programme.

Add Chris Packham and BBC natural history documentaries are in very good hands when the great man finally retires (if he ever does). :)
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    What about Mike Dilger? Knows his wildlife and has an enthusiastic voice...
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Attenborough's latest one on the barrier reef has been totally destroyed by the intrusion of ridiculous 'background' music. It was incessant and so loud that I could hardly hear what whispering David was saying.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,657
    Forum Member
    I try to avoid this question because I don't think anyone else can quite fill his shoes!