Ben Haenow Winning Single on iTunes

1789101113»

Comments

• ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would of gone to #1 regardless

also when Uptown Funk is a million seller in a month or 2 while Flopnow will be looking to buy a new van please show your face here :D

I dont understand why they would rush release it if it was so guaranteed to be number 1 ?

It was only covered by a "mere x factor" singer and someone who isn't in the least bit important.

So, why not wait until the real release date. If it was so good then surely his fans would buy it regardless ?

They thought it would be Christmas number 1, thats why...greedy swines. :D
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't that close at the end.
    Something I Need chalked up sales of 214,239 copies for Haenow, including 47,001 CDs and 5,637 streaming sales - that's a massive 43.93% up on the 148,853 copies that 2013 X Factor champion Sam Bailey sold of her debut hit.

Uptown Funk!'s descent to number two is accompanied by a massive 53.69% increase in sales to 181,545.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UF would of beaten Sam last year.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    Willz wrote: »
    UF would of beaten Sam last year.

I guess we'll never know but I think if Simon Cowell realised the X Factor winner was looking likely to miss out on Xmas #1, he'd do something about it.

Simon is just one of those incredibly influential people and the way the British public cling on to his every word is bloody scary.

If only Pharrell's Happy could've been more of a threat last year it would've been interesting to see how things would've panned out.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    I guess we'll never know but I think if Simon Cowell realised the X Factor winner was looking likely to miss out on Xmas #1, he'd do something about it.

Simon is just one of those incredibly influential people and the way the British public cling on to his every word is bloody scary.

The same man who slept with his mate's wife; who had Max Clifford as his Public Relations adviser; and bailed Jonathan King is doing a book on X Factor "monsters".

I can't recall anyone in the media or newspapers questioning him what he thought about the imprisonment of his long time PR adviser this year. I wonder why. ;-)
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder just how many copies it would have sold if it had not been a charity record?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder just how many copies it would have sold if it had not been a charity record?

Has it bothered you that much that Ben won that you have to imagine scenarios that might have happened ? :confused:
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

It's the third year running now that it has been a charity single ^_^
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yawn .. bored now
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it bothered you that much that Ben won that you have to imagine scenarios that might have happened ? :confused:

Oh he was imagining downfall scenarios even before Ben won :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

He was probably willing them to happen lol :D
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

To be fair it started out as...

"There is no way Fleur wont win anyone disagreeing is a hater"

Then it moved too...

"Fleur was the real winner...No chance Ben will get Number One"

Then when Ben proved naysayers wrong again...

"It only went Number One cause its Charity Single, now he will fade to obscurity"

Always some "Logic" to rain on Ben's parade but if it was their own favourite as winner it would have been 100% deserved...and some of them (Not all) state that Ben's fans can be bitter or aggressive.

Ben won the X Factor and got Christmas Number One with a Charity Single. Nobody knows his future until it has been lived...let him have his success like you would have demanded if your favourite won :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair it started out as...

"There is no way Fleur wont win anyone disagreeing is a hater"

Then it moved too...

"Fleur was the real winner...No chance Ben will get Number One"

Then when Ben proved naysayers wrong again...

"It only went Number One cause its Charity Single, now he will fade to obscurity"

Always some "Logic" to rain on Ben's parade but if it was their own favourite as winner it would have been 100% deserved...and some of them (Not all) state that Ben's fans can be bitter or aggressive.

Ben won the X Factor and got Christmas Number One with a Charity Single. Nobody knows his future until it has been lived...let him have his success like you would have demanded if your favourite won :)

As Alexandra Burke sang, "Hallelujah" :D
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben apparently #2 on the midweeks.
    Uptown Funk zooming ahead for the New Year Number 1