Options

The Master is NOT a woman

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
Forum Member

Moffat is stirring the fanpot. Dont fall for it! The earlier story about miniaturisation technology is a forerunner to revealing that MISI is not the master per se but either an android or the Masters Tardis a la Drs Wife. Inside MISI will be revealed the miniturised MAster poss played by that chap from From Hell or perhaps Charlie Dance. It came to me as a moment of inspiration, clicking into the Moffat Modus operandi. Thne Dr felt two hearts cos the Master is inside, it also explains that odd ep with Clara inside a dalek now we know placed there by the Master......My genius is unsurpassed!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the master was done - John Simm - how is he/she back? Been a while since saw the drums episodes :)
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was sent back to Gallifrey while in the process of killing President Rassilon. Supposedly draining his own life-force in the process. We don't know quite what happened next.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muppet should be sacked. I knew this would happen... >:(
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    The Doctor felt two hearts

If they back track on this now I will be very disappointed
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Just rewatched the end of the last John Simm one.

He disappeared with Gallifrey and Rassilon so not sure how he made it back as there was no body left behind.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Until 9:00pm NEXT Saturday it's way too early to tell.

Missy might be a clever android, she might be masquerading as the Master, or she migt somehow have his memories.

While I get the feeling this is Moffat giving us the bird; we just don't know!

Stay tuned for the "action packed" and completely original reveal next week :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool, thankyou. So guessing somehow in the sending back and the yet to find Gallifrey this relates. How this relates to 'my clara' will be interesting. Suspect some time line messiness, which might be the next series goodness :)
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    Muppet should be sacked. I knew this would happen... >:(

Please tell me your last name so I can take the piss out of you.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell me your last name so I can take the piss out of you.

My last name is Craddock. Please feel free to take the piss out of my surname, you odd person...
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    My last name is Craddock. Please feel free to take the piss out of my surname, you odd person...

Maybe I will when I am upset with you. You do the same with Moffat after all, and presumably everyone else you don't know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Also the reference to The Thick of It
    "Government Inspection? Not again..."
    *Doctor looks at the psychic paper*
    "What's with all the swearing?"
    Malcolm TUCKEEER
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she is.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it matter
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Why does it matter

Word.
  • Options
    jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any relation to Fanny, the television cook?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I'd rather have Missy than John Simm's embarrassing turn.
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really The Master has done so many strange things with his body this in comparison is fairly minor.

If you can except him:-
    a) merging with Tremas in The Keeper of Traken
    b) turning into a cat in Survival
    c) turning into, whatever he turned into and then taking over Eric Roberts in the Movie
    d) being resurrected and reborn in Utopia and The Sound of Drums
    e) then resurrected again and all the changes that went with that in The End of Time

turning into a woman really is nothing.

The only thing is I hope it is not a regeneration because I don't think the history of the programme supports that. I hope he's 'stolen' the body again.

and also if he/she's back does that mean the rest of time lords are or can be back?
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jethryk wrote: »
    Really The Master has done so many strange things with his body this in comparison is fairly minor.

c) turning into, whatever he turned into and then taking over Eric Roberts in the Movie
    e) then resurrected again and all the changes that went with that in The End of Time

The only thing is I hope it is not a regeneration because I don't think the history of the programme supports that. I hope he's 'stolen' the body again.

and also if he/she's back does that mean the rest of time lords are or can be back?

Excellent points Jethryk. Yes, being a woman is about the most normal change the Master has made in a long time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Jethryk is right, it doesn't really matter that The Master is now a woman, what matters is the woman portraying the Master, and Michelle Gomez is spot on. That look on her face the moment after she revealed who she was spoke volumes.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Gomez's accent was a bit dodgy. Kept getting hints of Scotch. :D
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »
    Gomez's accent was a bit dodgy. Kept getting hints of Scotch. :D

What, you mean she'd been drinking whisky? :)
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    suzchad wrote: »

Moffat is stirring the fanpot. Dont fall for it! The earlier story about miniaturisation technology is a forerunner to revealing that MISI is not the master per se but either an android or the Masters Tardis a la Drs Wife. Inside MISI will be revealed the miniturised MAster poss played by that chap from From Hell or perhaps Charlie Dance. It came to me as a moment of inspiration, clicking into the Moffat Modus operandi. Thne Dr felt two hearts cos the Master is inside, it also explains that odd ep with Clara inside a dalek now we know placed there by the Master......My genius is unsurpassed!

Yes SHE is. You can start a whole thread to deny the fact if you like, as well as posting your same post on at least 2 other threads i've seen, but it won't change a thing. The master is, for now at least the Mistress. I didn't know how I felt about it when such an idea was speculated about months ago when 'missy' first appeared but they really have picked an actress who has captured the essence of the character, and now all the cloak an dagger secrecy is done with I look forward to seeing the 'mistress' strut her stuff full and proud.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This incarnation is brilliant so I'd be disappointed if he/she actually wasn't missy. Some fans need to move on and accept it for what it is. It's far from dire nonsense in series 5-7. Missy is absolutely fabulous :D
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Jethryk wrote: »

Actually, they sewed the seeds for that with the episode The Doctor's Wife - that the Corsair was both male and female at times. So the history does support it!
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Just rewatched the end of the last John Simm one.

He disappeared with Gallifrey and Rassilon so not sure how he made it back as there was no body left behind.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't actually see Simm's Master disappearing with Gallifrey. He might not have been pulled back with them - we won't know until later, I feel.