Options

One2one and Virgin

Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anybody if I can use a Virgin Sim in a One2one phone without having to pay to have it unlocked?

If I do need to have it unlocked does anybody know how much will it cost?

Thanks
:)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would give a guess and say you won't need to unluck, i only say this on the basis that Vigin and One2One are using the exact same network, Virgin just stick their name on it....

But, i couldnt garentee this, the fone might still not accept a foreign sim, try using someone elses to test it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I have done it many times before, so indeed it will work.

Virgin also (don't know if this has changed recently) are the only network currently to supply you with your phones unlock code free of charge, so in theory all virgin phones are able to work on all the UK networks...
  • Options
    Mr_RobMr_Rob Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how about cellnet to virgin?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many Cellnet ones are unlocked anyway. What fone is it? and is it Pay and go, U, or Pay monthly?

Pay monthly are genrally unlocked, some pay as u go ones are, and no "U" phones can be unlocked
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    so can i buy a Virgin Mobile and put a One2one Pay as You Go sim card in it? and how do you get the unlock code if you need one?
  • Options
    Mr_RobMr_Rob Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its a p+g nokia 3310
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe then, try putting a friends in it :)

Did you buy it from carphone warehouse? I know a mate who has an unlock code for his fone from their...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to throw a spanner in the works, but I just got Virgin and a new Virgin handset (Siemens S35i) and tried to put my 1-2-1 SIM in it, but it wouldn't work.

Putting my new Virgin SIM in my old NEC 1-2-1 handset worked fine and also a friend's Siemens C25 1-2-1 handset worked, including Virgin extras. I could have ported my old number across to Virgin, but I couldn't be bothered to wait a month, so have just gone with the new number Virgin issued me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phone Virgin up, they unlock them for free.
  • Options
    kiwikiwi Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Virgin.com and click on the Virgin Mobile link and then find the relevant info where it tells you to type numbers/symbols into your phone and if the right number comes up then your phone is compatable.