• darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy Lee has revealed a cover of "With or Without you"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxcSbiu9iXI

Love it :D
  • ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Following the Paris attacks, Deftones have cancelled their UK tour, with all dates to be postponed until further notice.

Seeing as the band were at THAT Eagles of Death Metal show, I hardly blame them for wanting to be with their families now. Must have been rough.

I'm sure they'll reschedule around Download time seeing as they've been confirmed for that.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Following the Paris attacks, Deftones have cancelled their UK tour, with all dates to be postponed until further notice.

Seeing as the band were at THAT Eagles of Death Metal show, I hardly blame them for wanting to be with their families now. Must have been rough.

I'm sure they'll reschedule around Download time seeing as they've been confirmed for that.

It is a shame they are but, as you say, in the circumstances it is very understandable.
  • ytsejamytsejam Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I was tempted to get tickets to the Deftones gig at Wembley next week solely off the back of good things I've heard about their live performances, I'm not familiar with any of their music though so decided against it.

Nightwish are another that I've heard a lot of good things about in terms of live performance, but from bits and pieces I've heard on youtube I think they're a bit too "opera" like for my tastes, sort of like Dream Theater, who are another band that bore the absolute s*** out of me live.

Oh dear!!!...DT " a bit too opera"?!!!....What planet are you on?!!!
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    AC/DC have announced a couple of UK shows for 2016.

http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/ac-dc?src=gtemail&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GT_Weekly_141215&utm_content=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gigsandtours.com%2ftour%2fac-dc%3fsrc%3dgtemail&&

Saw them at Wembley earlier this year and they were excellent, hopefully these new shows will have a slightly different set list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ytsejam wrote: »

That made me smile as well and in the world of Symphonic Metal there are plenty of bands who are far more "opera" than Nightwish! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see both Black Stone Cherry and Airbourne have been added to the line-up of Ramblin Man Fair in Maidstone next July. :)
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deep Purple are to be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame.
    About time too!!...should have happened years ago.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35119852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »

It will be interesting to see what happens. Certainly in the past Ian Gillan has made his views on the R 'n' R Hall Of Fame very clear. :D
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    That made me smile as well and in the world of Symphonic Metal there are plenty of bands who are far more "opera" than Nightwish! :)

They used to be more 'opera' when Tarja was singing but Floor gives them balls.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »

About time. I'm really disappointed that Yes have been overlooked though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see what happens. Certainly in the past Ian Gillan has made his views on the R 'n' R Hall Of Fame very clear. :D

So has Steve Miller - after being chosen :D

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/musicandnightlife/milwaukee-native-steve-miller-among-rock--roll-hall-of-fame-inductees-b99636206z1-362825281.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Europe considering a bluesier direction for their next album. Given how great they have been this past 10+ years, I will look forward to that

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-12-18/europe-consider-blues-vibe-for-album-no-11

And a new track off the forthcoming Blackstone Cherry album

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-12-18/black-stone-cherry-stream-the-way-of-the-future
    Forum Member
    I see both Black Stone Cherry and Airbourne have been added to the line-up of Ramblin Man Fair in Maidstone next July. :)

My 2 favourite bands added to my favourite festival. Simply the best :D
    Forum Member

If you've seen them live you'll know what I'm on about, in a festival setting they bore the pants off of me and I've given them 4 different goes around now, because of that I've been put right off them
  • ytsejamytsejam Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    If you've seen them live you'll know what I'm on about, in a festival setting they bore the pants off of me and I've given them 4 different goes around now, because of that I've been put right off them

Uhmmm....I've seen them live 20+ times, so YES, I AM a huge fan and can of course understand that everyone has different tastes BUT still cannot understand what planet you are on when you say they are "bit too opera"!!!!!
  • creasecrease Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Uhmmm....I've seen them live 20+ times, so YES, I AM a huge fan and can of course understand that everyone has different tastes BUT still cannot understand what planet you are on when you say they are "bit too opera"!!!!!

What would Lemmy think ?
    Forum Member
    crease wrote: »
    What would Lemmy think ?

I reckon he'd love this. Ghost Love Score live 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V_eoR6r1Tw
    Forum Member
    Right so after the slightly intense discussion here I went to the Nightwish gig simply because my friend had a spare ticket up for grabs and I figured might as well give it a go and hope for the best.

Arrived just as Arch Enemy hit the stage - really not my thing at all, constant screaming, constant open chords, no clean vocals at all, really dull and repetitive. HOWEVER, the front woman was certainly doing her best to energise the crowd and I quite liked her showmanship so with that being sad they weren't completely terrible.

Now for Nightwish, I'll admit I'd only heard bits and pieces of their songs prior to the gig and the only song I was genuinely familiar with was the song they opened with so.... not the best of luck for me hahaha. That having been said..... holy. f***. That show completely blindsided me with how good it was. I was expecting an average gig, little to no light show and no pyro at all but goddamn that stage show was mighty impressive and as for the band themselves, I couldn't take my eyes off Floor all night she has one hell of a stage presence. Watching them tonight made me think they'll likely be headlining Donington in 3-4 years time. Was a genuinely packed out Wembley Arena too, moreso than any other time I've been there (including ZZ Top, Motley Crue, Alter Bridge, Black Stone Cherry, 5FDP, among several others). Highly impressed, would and will be seeing them again at Download 2016
  • PeteAPeteA Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^
    Was there too and pretty much agree with all that. Didn't see Amorphis. Arch Enemy I can listen to in short doses before the vocals get too irritating, but I enjoyed them more than I thought I might last night, but that was as much down to the energy of Alissa White-Gluz as anything. The crowd certainly seemed to enjoy their show.

Nightwish were awesome. Been waiting several years for the chance to see them live and it was well worth the wait. Looking forward to the DVD to come out to re-live the experience. Nice surprise at the end to see Richard Dawkins. Great energy flowing from the band to the audience and back again.

Edit to add: I was never too keen on Anette Olzen's performances on Dark Passion Play & Imaginaerum as I felt her voice was to weak to carry the authority needed for Nightwish songs, so was interested to hear Floor's versions of the songs from those albums and as I expected she added so much more to them.
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get enough of this Baroness track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS5osAdTnm0

The album is killer too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right so after the slightly intense discussion here I went to the Nightwish gig simply because my friend had a spare ticket up for grabs and I figured might as well give it a go and hope for the best.

Arrived just as Arch Enemy hit the stage - really not my thing at all, constant screaming, constant open chords, no clean vocals at all, really dull and repetitive. HOWEVER, the front woman was certainly doing her best to energise the crowd and I quite liked her showmanship so with that being sad they weren't completely terrible.

Now for Nightwish, I'll admit I'd only heard bits and pieces of their songs prior to the gig and the only song I was genuinely familiar with was the song they opened with so.... not the best of luck for me hahaha. That having been said..... holy. f***. That show completely blindsided me with how good it was. I was expecting an average gig, little to no light show and no pyro at all but goddamn that stage show was mighty impressive and as for the band themselves, I couldn't take my eyes off Floor all night she has one hell of a stage presence. Watching them tonight made me think they'll likely be headlining Donington in 3-4 years time. Was a genuinely packed out Wembley Arena too, moreso than any other time I've been there (including ZZ Top, Motley Crue, Alter Bridge, Black Stone Cherry, 5FDP, among several others). Highly impressed, would and will be seeing them again at Download 2016

As people will know I'm a massive Nightwish fan, I first saw them in 2005 with Tarja and I'm a member of the fanclub.

I knew they were bringing their full European show and I knew they were hoping to be able to do something with Richard Dawkins. He'd said he'd like to do it and I knew they were keen but as always with these things it was a matter of logistics and it was great it happened. Something I doubt will ever be repeated.

Arch Enemy aren't really my thing either but their singer, Alissa White-Gluz, really does give it everything.

As for Nightwish, I thought they absolutely nailed it! Annette Olsen is a great singer but for me she was "wrong" for Nightwish, she didn't have the vocal range for most of the Tarja-era songs and for me never really fitted in with their music. I know that when Floor replaced Annette when she had to leave to last tour because she was pregnant she was bitterly opposed to Floor taking her place because, it has been said, she knew Floor would replace her permanently.

Based on Saturday, it was the first time I'd seen them with Floor, you can see why. She has a real stage presence and her voice fits the music perfectly.

I was already going to Download, well with Rammstein, Sabbath, and Maiden, headlining it was a no-brainer, but with the addition of Nightwish Sunday got a whole lot better for me.

As Wembley was sold out it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do a full UK arena tour later next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 2 favourite bands added to my favourite festival. Simply the best :D

I must admit I was very underwhelmed at the first announcements, butthe recond wave, BSC, Airbourne, Von Hertzen Brothers, etc, suddenly makes it a much more attractive line-up. We'll certainly be going.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I reckon he'd love this. Ghost Love Score live 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V_eoR6r1Tw

Ghost Love Score is a song I never tire of listening to. It sums up the complete over-the-top preposterousness of symphonic metal in one song to me.

And that's why I love it. :)
    Forum Member
    As people will know I'm a massive Nightwish fan, I first saw them in 2005 with Tarja and I'm a member of the fanclub.

I knew they were bringing their full European show and I knew they were hoping to be able to do something with Richard Dawkins. He'd said he'd like to do it and I knew they were keen but as always with these things it was a matter of logistics and it was great it happened. Something I doubt will ever be repeated.

Arch Enemy aren't really my thing either but their singer, Alissa White-Gluz, really does give it everything.

As for Nightwish, I thought they absolutely nailed it! Annette Olsen is a great singer but for me she was "wrong" for Nightwish, she didn't have the vocal range for most of the Tarja-era songs and for me never really fitted in with their music. I know that when Floor replaced Annette when she had to leave to last tour because she was pregnant she was bitterly opposed to Floor taking her place because, it has been said, she knew Floor would replace her permanently.

Based on Saturday, it was the first time I'd seen them with Floor, you can see why. She has a real stage presence and her voice fits the music perfectly.

I was already going to Download, well with Rammstein, Sabbath, and Maiden, headlining it was a no-brainer, but with the addition of Nightwish Sunday got a whole lot better for me.

As Wembley was sold out it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do a full UK arena tour later next year.
    Ghost Love Score is a song I never tire of listening to. It sums up the complete over-the-top preposterousness of symphonic metal in one song to me.

And that's why I love it. :)

I'd go so far as to say that not only does Floor kick Annette's arse, she surpasses Tarja too, as the performance of Ghost Love Score that I linked to earlier proves. Imo, Floor's, power, range, tone & versatility make her easily the best female voice in Metal.