Options

55 becomes 54.. Mcgarry withdraws SNP whip

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mc256Mc256 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    This is the woman who thought SNP supporters stalking & hounding Margaret Curran was "community justice", so it's hard to have much sympathy for her.

Fitting cliche :)
  • Options
    Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    Good news for McGarry, Tommy Sheridan is taking her side against the 'bullies' at Women for Independence. He hopes that this whole sorry saga will show them up to be the ones in the wrong.

And that's another point of view. The other is that Women for Indy are actually bothered about what happened to their money, and the possibility of corruption, and got fed up at not getting any meaningful response from the person who had control of the bank account.

Even if you accept that that the SNP were taken unprepared for their increase in popularity, and a few dubious characters made it through screening without sufficient questioning, I find it hard to believe that McGarry could come across as suitable MP material. So much of what she's said on social media and in public interviews is dubious, and I would be amazed if anyone vaguely critical wouldn't be able to notice this during a proper interview process. I can only assume that people didn't challenge her enough during her selection process because of her family connections. There must have been better candidates available.

Which brings me to my view that I'd be surprised if she was deliberately defrauding the group, but her apparent lack of common sense and responsibility makes it plausible that she simply b*llsed up the accounting trail, and didn't think it mattered enough to get it right, or to get help to put it right. She should have co-operated with WFI as soon as they alerted her to the problem, instead of waiting for them to report it to the police.

Didn't really know much about her before this latest scandal broke but on subsequent reading she does come across as a bit dim and so I might be inclined to side with your summation.

I seem to remember some poster here saying that Curran was their MP but I can't remember who they were. If they are still around maybe they have an insight into mcGarry that we don't.