Benefits Britain 1949: C4 Mon 12th 9pm

Comments

• Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because she was conceived out of wed lock.

Yes, but why is it important for a woman to be married before she is pregnant or has a child?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Carver! :D
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Jim Carver! :D

I know, hasn't he aged :D
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Yes, but why is it important for a woman to be married before she is pregnant or has a child?

I'm just going by 1949 attitudes.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really think of those that "could afford to have children" have had it easy and nothing has ever gone wrong? And never claimed child benefit, child tax credits or working tax credits? Wow.

Honestly, circumstances can change very quickly - redundancies, accident, illness, life changing injuries or illnesses, natural disasters, arson, crime, death.

Very small minded of you to think how you do.

Still pales into insignificance compared to those who treat it has lifestyle choice.
  • MoffgalMoffgal Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    You're seriously telling me she was self sufficient at any point in her life, never mind being able to care for two kids??

I don't know the answer to that, and neither do you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I know, hasn't he aged :D

He sure has :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah work is good.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not now it was then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why we can't go back to having free nursery places again..it would solve a heck of a lot of problems in todays age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Red Cow looks great :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    £15 quid? How many hours 7 and the min wage is £6.51.....amd the Polish saves for a house from that?? Ha ha this programme just gets better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why we can't go back to having free nursery places again..it would solve a heck of a lot of problems in todays age.

But they aren't free.... who would pay the wages/heating etc etc of the nurseries. The taxpayer again....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would indeed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww bless they aren't unsatisfactory tenants now..they are back on the satisfactory list. :D

I must admit the house did look amazingly different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £15 quid? How many hours 7 and the min wage is £6.51.....amd the Polish saves for a house from that?? Ha ha this programme just gets better.

I reckon it is a comedy pilot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought that was the 1949 equivalent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was adjusted for 1949 wages not current wages
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they aren't free.... who would pay the wages/heating etc etc of the nurseries. The taxpayer again....

But I am sure when I was a kid growing up in the 70's there were free nursery placements - we went to the school where we were going to go to infants. So basically we just started school early.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Nice to see 'Mrs Doyle' has glammed herself up for her job on reception! :D
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww bless they aren't unsatisfactory tenants now..they are back on the satisfactory list. :D

I must admit the house did look amazingly different.

Lets hope they keep it like that
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get what you're saying and people in that scenario deserve help but the problem is too many people come out of school and straight into having kids without getting a job and getting financial stability and too many people sit on the dole and pop out kids whilst on the dole

and how many young women is this? has it increased, decreased or unchanged over the years?

Majority or a minority?
    LostFool wrote: »
    Could you point me to a reference to support that claim?

A link in Politics. Seen it a while ago and it stuck with me.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When I went back to work, it cost me £650 a month in Childcare ... it's unaffordable, unless you have a good wage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got to find a new place then, as they kicked him out :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course it takes away the need to work.

:rolleyes:

That's why the Tories want every one to buy their houses, so that they have to work.