Options

David Eman Canceir and message from chilren

AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry I like David and Lucy. IF David owing to what his children have said, David has had to go through a cancer scare, good luck. My husband has gone through hell and back and nobody knows what it is like for the career left behind. For his children’s and his sake I hope it all goes well. Still living the nightmare, but one of the lucky ones. Miracles do happen and wish him well.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I hope David stays well (and your husband of course).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I hope David stays well (and your husband of course).

Sorry just had a couple of glasses wine and so apologise for typo errors (mortified). Hubby in remission five years after stage 4 lung cancer, nightmare, but we were lucky. I so wish everybody going through it the best, whether sufferer or carer. David has been so lovely and so hope both he and his family are not dealing with that as well. If anybody going through it as carer or sufferer wants to DM me, I have no problems, just happy to listen.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never knew this . I'm sure he must have discussed it in camp but the producers didn't think it important enough to show .
    Then again maybe he didn't want to bring it up.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    Sorry just had a couple of glasses wine and so apologise for typo errors (mortified). Hubby in remission five years after stage 4 lung cancer, nightmare, but we were lucky. I so wish everybody going through it the best, whether sufferer or carer. David has been so lovely and so hope both he and his family are not dealing with that as well. If anybody going through it as carer or sufferer wants to DM me, I have no problems, just happy to listen.

You might still have time to correct with edit .
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very glad to hear your husband is doing so well after what must have been a terrifying experience.

I like David a lot and I did know he'd had cancer, but I don't know the details. He looks very well and I hope he continues to enjoy good health.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    You might still have time to correct with edit .

Thanks, I tried to edit, but computer said no. I so apologise and if any consolation absolutely mortified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    Very glad to hear your husband is doing so well after what must have been a terrifying experience.

I like David a lot and I did know he'd had cancer, but I don't know the details. He looks very well and I hope he continues to enjoy good health.

Thanks, I am not going into our story. Nightmare, but at the end of the day he should not be here and over five years later he is in remission. If anybody is going there, whether carer or sufferer good luck, not being patronising but sincerely wish and hope everything works out.

David is so lovely, he gives so much and has such a story to tell. I know bits, did not know about the cancer, but he is much nicer than I thought he would be. Just wish him and his family/friends all the best.
  • Options
    kaob82kaob82 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    David comes across as a really lovely man
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »
    Sorry I like David and Lucy. IF David owing to what his children have said, David has had to go through a cancer scare, good luck. My husband has gone through hell and back and nobody knows what it is like for the career left behind. For his children’s and his sake I hope it all goes well. Still living the nightmare, but one of the lucky ones. Miracles do happen and wish him well.

Thank you for posting such a thoughtful comment.

I have had surgery and chemo for bowel cancer and yes it was/still is hell - I hope it is helping him and increasing his confidence.

Good luck to you and your husband.x
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Never knew this . I'm sure he must have discussed it in camp but the producers didn't think it important enough to show . Then again maybe he didn't want to bring it up.
    I am sure that David would have spoken about it but its likely to have been edited out - I know he only went for a test due to his Father

http://www.reveal.co.uk/lifestyle/news/a531636/im-a-celebritys-david-emanuel-jungle-a-challenge-after-cancer-shock.html

its a shame as its a wasted opportunity.

I also have Prostate Cancer so I looked into his case.

He had key hole surgery and his PSA count is now 0.00001

Sadly in my case due to previous Strokes/Heart Attacks surgery was not a option.

Funny enough due to my previous health problems this lead me to have annual blood tests so my cancer was spotted very quickly.

I was lucky as I only needed daily Radiotherapy for a Month but I know many who were not so lucky.

As its daily its Monday to Friday and one week a guy who was with us on the Friday failed to show up on the Monday so we asked if they knew anything and were shocked to find out that he died on the Sunday - just like that - I know his Cancer was far more advanced so its crucial that people have regular blood tests as the quicker its discovered the better.

Now I don't know many in there but David and Kian are two who are coming over very well .
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. I'm glad to see more of you coming through treatment successfully.

My own father had surgery for prostate cancer 16 years ago and has been closely monitored since. Unfortunately, this summer they found traces of cancer in his bones, which was a huge shock, but fortunately he is responding well to treatment and his consultant speaks optimistically about future alternatives if this treatment stops working. As Dad will soon be 82 (you would *never* imagine it if you saw him, I'm so proud of him), this is pretty good to hear.

Good luck to all of you, including my Dad and David. I really want David to win now, he's a great example to us all.