Sending contacts by mail to Australia

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am heading to Australia in Nov for about 6 or so months. I wear contact lenses and rather than buying a big lot of them and taking them in my luggage (I've only got 20kg) would it be ok for my mum to send them to me? Ive looked on the customs website but can't see anything?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    They should be fine to be sent through the post, just make sure your mum fills out the right customs form.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    If you care to look here, *lisalovesmuse*, you'll see that contact lenses are not on the prohibited list of things to bring in. Your mother will have to fill out a customs form and I'd suggest saying it's a gift and of low value at that.

Airlines don't like any liquid solutions these days so it might be an idea just to send the lenses through the postal system and get any solutions in Australia or sent through the post separately which would probably be more expensive than buying the solutions in Australia anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great! Thanks folks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Im Austalian, i come here for 6 months, tho living here now, im married to a British man :)
    I come over here with medications for the 6 months, wasn't even asked about them.
    Mum sends me food all the time and occasionally pain killers, so if she can send over the counter drugs, u can surely sent contact lenses....
    Have fun 'down under' :)