Hotel of Mum and Dad BBC3 9pm

MoffgalMoffgal Posts: 111
Forum Member
Interesting...

As a mum of 2 I will be making sure they can at least buy and cook a good meal or 2 by the time they leave home.

I'm already drumming into them the value of money, eldest gets pocket money and when its gone its gone.

anyone else watching?

Comments

• tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching, the Welsh couple seem to be doing better than anticipated. I hope she gets the job but then their tax credits will go down further. Jack has a sensible head on his shoulders.
    I think Jace with end up back home.
    As for the other couple, at least he seems to have woken up and got a taste of reality, unfortunatley, his girlfriend is way, way, way behind him.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I normally like these types of programmes, but this is quite boring.
  • Paul_Howard1Paul_Howard1 Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleet wrote: »
    I normally like these types of programmes, but this is quite boring.

I totally agree with you . I was thinking it was going to be like young,dumb and living off mum
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good on you jace and jack. I hope it all works out for you. I think is was a healthy choice for the parents too.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree with you . I was thinking it was going to be like young,dumb and living off mum

Thats what the advert made it look like!! Perhaps next weeks will be a bit more interesting, unless that preview showed all the good bits!
  • TalbertTalbert Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest episode had some typical BBC three thickos

The blonde woman who's partner was called Barry is a manager but doesn't know what quarterly means?

She wants bigger tits

They take home a total of £30k a year but still can't move out

****ing idiots
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching this on BBC3? The blonde lad is a pain in the arse, I hope the girls mum changes the locks.
  • GodAtumGodAtum Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they have no idea how lucky they are. getting the BBc to pay for a flat! if i could afford a place on my own i would cope very well.
  • humanracerhumanracer Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this show more sad more than anything else. It seems the generation of today are not independent enough to live on their own or have a normal relationship with their partner. My partner is from Finland and it still shocks her how immature people in their 20s and 30s are. In Europe young people are taught basic life skills from a young age. Here they cannot survive without help from mum and dad. I would hate to think what would happen if there was a huge disaster and people have to survive on very little.