Options

BSA Spoilers- best soap

whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
Forum Member
I know a lot to people are up in arms about HO winning but i really think they deserved it.

Makes up for the fact Steph Davis (stupidly, imo) didn't win anything, and yeah, the quality dipped but some of the episodes in the past year have been absolutely fantastic

Theresas exit, Dougs death, Leannes death, Dodger and Will, Patrick and Maxine, Katys death and Sinead in general over the past year or so, the whole Sienna story, the Browning story, I could go on.

Yes, HO can be far fetched but personally thats why I love it, and when its at its best its at its best and the acting really represents that. especially Steph Davis, Jess Fox, James Sutton, Keith Rice, Kieron Richardson, Ashley Taylor Dawson, Nikki Sanderson, Anna Passey have really shone over the past year or so

And for all those sneering and saying its because of multiple accounts, lets be fair, I'm sure more then one soaps fans have been doing that so that excuse is just a load of rubbish!

HO always seems to be the victim of snobbery here just because some of its stories are a little out there, so i couldn't be happier they won. Sure, the year definitely wasn't perfect, but there were some definite highlights!

Comments

• Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Steph Davis is woeful, I remember her from Dorothy, she's guilty of whats known as the 'unwanted pause' Julie rightfully won (shes won more prestigious awards this year) because she made Hayley very believable you have to make people believe and relate to the average person, and Davis doesn't do that very well at all. There should be questions asked that the lowest rated soap in country won, if they released the voting figures that would explain it a hell of a lot more because it sounds like block voting from teeny boppers. But as I said the NTA, RTS and BAFTA are the ones you want, Corries been crap this year (bar Roy/Hayley) they won all three and swept up minor awards like the BSAs so that is the best soap in the country, even though personally I think Emmerdale deserves more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Steph Davis is woeful, I remember her from Dorothy, she's guilty of whats known as the unwanted pause Julie rightfully won because she made Hayley very believable you have to make people believe and relate to you and Davis doesn't do that very well at all, and there should be questions asked that the lowest rated soap in country won, if they released the voting figures that would explain it a hell of a lot more because it sounds like block voting from teeny boppers.

See for me, Steph Davis is one of the most raw, honest actresses in soap at the moment. Through all this Katy story she's had me crying every single time, and is extremely relatable.

No doubt Julie was good but i feel like that story dominated the awards more out of love for the characters then the actually story itself, because although parts were good, I found Hayley pretty unlikeable for about two thirds of it!

RE the voting, HO have a max of about 1 million viewers, the other soaps 5-8, even block voting can't be that extreme and if so i can guarantee it wasn't just the HO fans at it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    See for me, Steph Davis is one of the most raw, honest actresses in soap at the moment. Through all this Katy story she's had me crying every single time, and is extremely relatable.

No doubt Julie was good but i feel like that story dominated the awards more out of love for the characters then the actually story itself, because although parts were good, I found Hayley pretty unlikeable for about two thirds of it!

RE the voting, HO have a max of about 1 million viewers, the other soaps 5-8, even block voting can't be that extreme and if so i can guarantee it wasn't just the HO fans at it

Julie is 10x the actress Stephanie Davis is, I can guarantee you its block voting and fake email accountings and deleting cookies and caches off web browsers, if we're truly judging on Best Soap, Emmerdale would be out of sight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Julie is 10x the actress Stephanie Davis is, I can guarantee you its block voting and fake email accountings and deleting cookies and caches off web browsers, if we're truly judging on Best Soap, Emmerdale would be out of sight.

Opinion I suppose, i like Julie as an actress but i hated the way they wrote Hayley at the start of that story and for me it really didn't ring true for the character.

I think Stephanies performance with the Katy story has been fantastic, but thats just my opinion on things!

And if its a load of teeny boppers I highly doubt they know how to be deleted cookies and caches off web browsers. And again, teeny boppers do not just vote for HO, people just like to pinpoint HO because it has a younger audience. Ive seen plenty of twitter accounts for Eastenders and Corrie too, the soaps who have 5 times the viewers. That just doesn't match up as an excuse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Opinion I suppose, i like Julie as an actress but i hated the way they wrote Hayley at the start of that story and for me it really didn't ring true for the character.

I think Stephanies performance with the Katy story has been fantastic, but thats just my opinion on things!

And if its a load of teeny boppers I highly doubt they know how to be deleted cookies and caches off web browsers. And again, teeny boppers do not just vote for HO, people just like to pinpoint HO because it has a younger audience. Ive seen plenty of twitter accounts for Eastenders and Corrie too, the soaps who have 5 times the viewers. That just doesn't match up as an excuse.

Schofield said 3 million votes were cast, Hollyoaks gets 900K-1M compared to the big three who get on average 6M-7M, plus they don't release the figures, somethings up to me.
  • Options
    DizzyBeDizzyBe Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Schofield said 3 million votes were cast, Hollyoaks gets 900K-1M compared to the big three who get on average 6M-7M, plus they don't release the figures, somethings up to me.

So going by those figures the fans of the big three just didn't bother voting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That or my point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would be very interesting to see the figures but I don't see what they would gain from lying about/changing the results.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thats not what I said, its bulk voting which won Hollyoaks 'Best Soap' when its clear it wasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thats not what I said, its bulk voting which won Hollyoaks 'Best Soap' when its clear it wasn't.

Ok sorry i'm a little confused as to your meaning my tired brain not computing i'm afraid.
    I do agree about Emmerdale, that and Hollyoaks are the only soaps i'm still watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I only watch EE and HO and EE is better this year, let alone the hype CS gets, rigged?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only watch EE and HO and EE is better this year, let alone the hype CS gets, rigged?

Gave up on EE years ago it became to depressing with dark dingy sets. I have read on here that it's getting alot better lately so I might give it another go.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Prove it!
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

100 th time I 've said this tonight Hollyoaks is watched by a total of 3m people.