Options

I'm really hoping Anthony Trueman

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
is the next surprise return to Eastenders. Surely his son will return to at least visit if not care for Patrick after his stroke? I always loved the Trueman family unit back in the day, Anthony, Paul and Patrick. I think it was a huge mistake to kill Paul off. Patrick has been in limbo for years now.

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Realistically it wouldn't be that easy for Anthony to return to care for his father. He's got a responsible job and I think (IIRC) a wife and children to care for. He can't just throw everything in to come back to London to nurse Patrick long term and stroke recovery is long term. The most believable thing would be for Anthony to take Patrick to live with him and his family which I think he has offered before but Patrick said no and probably will do again if Anthony offers as they want to keep him in the show.

I loved the Trueman as well and agree killing Paul off was a mistake but don't see Anthony returning for Some reason.
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Realistically it wouldn't be that easy for Anthony to return to care for his father. He's got a responsible job and I think (IIRC) a wife and children to care for. He can't just throw everything in to come back to London to nurse Patrick long term and stroke recovery is long term. The most believable thing would be for Anthony to take Patrick to live with him and his family which I think he has offered before but Patrick said no and probably will do again if Anthony offers as they want to keep him in the show.

I loved the Trueman as well and agree killing Paul off was a mistake but don't see Anthony returning for Some reason.

Was a really bad mistake, he was a great character who still had more potential to give.

Shame the actor fell out with the people in charge mind.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see Anthony return to give much needed support to Patrick. I always liked the character and I also thought (I know I'm in the minority here) that he and Kat made a much better couple than Kat and Alfie.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Anthony return to give much needed support to Patrick. I always liked the character and I also thought (I know I'm in the minority here) that he and Kat made a much better couple than Kat and Alfie.

Hear hear :D would like to see Anthony again and just to see a scene with him & kat now having a catch up see if they've still on screen chemistry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

Even better. Introduce a new branch of the Trueman family. They are facing extinction!
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think there ever was chemistry between him and Kat; he tried to make her act/dress posh. I did like their scenes as friends in 2004 though.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    I didn't think there ever was chemistry between him and Kat; he tried to make her act/dress posh. I did like their scenes as friends in 2004 though.

I remember him encouraging Kat to better herself as he saw she was actually very bright, and was wasting her time claiming the dole.

Obviously in Walford, and on this forum, that's seen as a negative thing though.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    Even better. Introduce a new branch of the Trueman family. They are facing extinction!

Would be a bit random if some unheard of relations of Patricks suddenly uproot everything and move to Walford just to be closer to him even though they never bothered before :blush:

I would like Anthony to return, not only to explore more of his relationship with Patrick but I would like to see how he connects with his surrogate sister Denise, would they get on or would there be conflict? Also imagine the conflicts between Anthony and his wife and Kat and Alfie all living on the square together. It could get quite interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anthony's wife is called Sophie.

Would rather have 10 teeth pulled than watch another cheating or presumed cheating storyline with Kat and Alfie.
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I can't actually remember did they find Paul's body or is he just missing in action like Jake Moon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    I can't actually remember did they find Paul's body or is he just missing in action like Jake Moon

They found the body. Anthony returned for his funeral.
  • Options
    tennysonpennytennysonpenny Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Of course he's going to come back. Who else is going to deliver Kat's twins when Alfie's off buying dodgy stock with Terry?!?!

I can see it a mile off!
  • Options
    issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Would be nice to see Patrick and Anthony together :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course he's going to come back. Who else is going to deliver Kat's twins when Alfie's off buying dodgy stock with Terry?!?!

I can see it a mile off!

That sounds awful! They'd have to be really cold hearted to make Alfie miss the twins' birth after everything, especially as he's brought up his cousin's son as his own.

We've already had Max at the scan, really don't want to see Anthony at the birth.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I think seeing him would be nice, I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be a short return like Honey and Rainie.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    I think Anthony would make a refreshing change as he is a decent guy who is quite intelligent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dickronson wrote: »
    I remember him encouraging Kat to better herself as he saw she was actually very bright, and was wasting her time claiming the dole.

Obviously in Walford, and on this forum, that's seen as a negative thing though.

Exactly. Sometimes it is a snobby thing but often when educated people sncourage their partners to 'better' themselves it is purely because tgey see potential, feel that person hasn't had the chance ot a decent education and think they might be happier and more fulfilled if they widen their horizons. But in Soap it is always just considered that they are being nasty and trying to 'change' the person as they're ashamed of them. It was actually the same with Tina when she went out with the Doctor in Corrie a few years ago.

I liked Anthony and Kat as well and whilst she worked better with Alfie last time round I think they've lost the 'magic'.

I don't object in priciple to them reintroducing Anthony with a wife and kids but in all honesty, why would he move his entire brrod form an areea they're settled in re schools and his job to return to London? Really it makes more sense for the elderly, sick parent to move in this situation. Certainly that is what happened with my grandparents. They moved to be closer to us when they needed help due to ill health as my parents couldn't easily leave their jobs.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally found Anthony a bit dull
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    They found the body. Anthony returned for his funeral.

Was his body shown on screen or was it an off-screen body showing ala Cindy Williams I and Kathy Sullivan?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The body wasn't shown to viewers but Patrick identified him.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So then, I guess Andy Hunter had him shot?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So then, I guess Andy Hunter had him shot?

I don't think the cause of death was ever revealed, but Andy grassed Paul up to the people that had him killed. The last time we saw Paul, he was being driven off in a taxi by Andy's contact and asked the guy to make it quick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was clearly recogniseable as Patrick had no trouble identifying him. I imagine he was shot given it was a criminal 'execution'. It's a shame but Paul Trueman is def in the category of ggeat characters that they shouldn't have killed off but they did so there is nothing to be done about it. At least they learnt their lesson with Jake Moon by not showing him be killed on screen or having his body turn up so although it was strongly implied he was going to be killed they did leave enough leeway for a return later on.