Options

Recording from Sagem ITD68 Box from Setanta

robotrobot Posts: 1,181
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I finally received a free Sagem ITD68 box from Setanta. It took about a month to arrive.

Problem is it only has one SCART and no RF modulated output.

I have a Panasonic DVD/VHS Recorder and I can't figure out how to record from it!

I have it set up as per the suggested layout on the dismally poor instruction leaflet (which covers several Sagem boxes).

Suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robot wrote: »
    I finally received a free Sagem ITD68 box from Setanta. It took about a month to arrive.

I have a Panasonic DVD/VHS Recorder and I can't figure out how to record from it!

I have it set up as per the suggested layout on the dismally poor instruction leaflet (which covers several Sagem boxes).

Loop it through your DVD/VHS recorder if it has 2 scarts ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your best bet would be to loop the box through the Panasonic using the second scart, with the first scart connected to the tv. (i.e Sagem connected to scart 2 on the Panasonic. The Panasonic connected to the tv through scart 1). You then have to select the aux channel on the Panasonic to view, and record, the Freeview channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PineBox wrote: »
    Loop it through your DVD/VHS recorder if it has 2 scarts ;)

You beat me. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter2660 wrote: »
    You beat me. :(

Yes but your post gave more detail and was much more useful ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but your post gave more detail and was much more useful ;)

True. :D
  • Options
    robotrobot Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your best bet would be to loop the box through the Panasonic using the second scart, with the first scart connected to the tv. (i.e Sagem connected to scart 2 on the Panasonic. The Panasonic connected to the tv through scart 1). You then have to select the aux channel on the Panasonic to view, and record, the Freeview channels.
    Thank you! Your suggestion worked, once I'd configured the AV2 channel correctly and found the AUX button.

But I still think that every box should have two SCART sockets! The saving can only be pennies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Your suggestion worked, once I'd configured the AV2 channel correctly and found the AUX button.

But I still think that every box should have two SCART sockets! The saving can only be pennies.

Mystifies me why they don't. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystifies me why they don't. :confused:

Because if they fitted them they would have to charge £10.45 for the box instead of £9.99 :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because if they fitted them they would have to charge £10.45 for the box instead of £9.99 :D:D

Words of wisdom. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Words of wisdom. :D:D

Every little helps ;)