Options

The Niamh Perry Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "More recently she came close to landing a role in Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd but the part went to her pal Jayne Wisener - also from Northern Ireland."

I hadn't realised that she got close to that part, it would have been huge for her. She must be a better actress than most people are giving her credit for to even be considered.

Lets hope she gets the chance to show it off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niamh pays a visit to her most loyal fans

Niamh returned to her home town of Bangor in Northern Ireland this week, where she was greeted by a massive show of support from her most loyal fans. The locals came out in force to celebrate the return of their home-grown Nancy and their posters and banners left us in no doubt as to who they think should go on to win the competition.

Niamh also visited her school where she was greeted by hundreds of very excited fans and fellow students. She had just enough time to catch up with her friends and some of the teachers before heading off to her old theatre group in Belfast.

(From BBC website)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    "Why dont you come on over Valerieeeeeeeee"

loved it :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried about Niamh tonight :(
  • Options
    lilhunni_Jolilhunni_Jo Posts: 13,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she wasn't her best tonight but still really good and far better than a lot of them......not seeing how people can say her singing was worse than for example Rachel or Sam.....really wasn't IMO!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niamh is so pretty and looks gorgeous every week. I thought she looked and sounded amazing when she sang Moon River.

I'm not sure whether she fits the stereotype of Nancy, though, but Andrew seems to be pretty open-minded about it so if Niamh does well she has as much chance as anyone else.

xx
  • Options
    Cat BalouCat Balou Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that tonight was not Niamh's best performance. It was a bad song choice and she needs to do better to stay in this competition. I fear that lots of people don't see her as Nancy due to her youth and looks so she really needs to perform well to win them over.

I like her very much and hope she gets through to blow people away with a great performance next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought she wasn't her best tonight but still really good and far better than a lot of them......not seeing how people can say her singing was worse than for example Rachel or Sam.....really wasn't IMO!!

I thought the song suited her, but she was too uncomfortable with those dancers- they should bear in mind that they are MEN. Niamh is 17. She wouldn't wanna have all that you know?

As for Rachel- what the hell was that?! Completely out of tune tonight and they preferred her to Niamh?!

Sam- love this kid. Awesome voice and she proved it tonight.

Tho I still really enjoyed Niamh's, I thought she was great! People seem less convinced but she was better than Rachel and Ashley.. hopefully she'll be ok tho :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xxlouxx wrote: »
    I thought the song suited her, but she was too uncomfortable with those dancers- they should bear in mind that they are MEN. Niamh is 17. She wouldn't wanna have all that you know?

As for Rachel- what the hell was that?! Completely out of tune tonight and they preferred her to Niamh?!

Sam- love this kid. Awesome voice and she proved it tonight.

Tho I still really enjoyed Niamh's, I thought she was great! People seem less convinced but she was better than Rachel and Ashley.. hopefully she'll be ok tho :)

I agree about Rachel....couldn't believe they said she was better than Niamh.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Sam though :p Thought she was good on the belting parts but pretty out of tune on the rest. I'd say Niamh was better than her too (as well as Rachel and Ashley and probs some others.) I did really enjoy Niamhs too....will watch it back when it's on youtube and see it I can spot the awfulness some people on here have seen lol! :rolleyes:;)

Wind beneath my wings is still my favourite performance definately though!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree about Rachel....couldn't believe they said she was better than Niamh.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Sam though :p Thought she was good on the belting parts but pretty out of tune on the rest. I'd say Niamh was better than her too (as well as Rachel and Ashley and probs some others.) I did really enjoy Niamhs too....will watch it back when it's on youtube and see it I can spot the awfulness some people on here have seen lol! :rolleyes:;)

Wind beneath my wings is still my favourite performance definately though!! :)

:)

Wind Beneath My Wings is my fave aswell- moved me to tears (as did Moon River, but not to the same extent.)

I'm extremely proud of her tonight :)

She mixed up her words and repeated a line (tho the band followed her, thank Jesus, I was sweating for her!) so that's where the lack of diction came into it, she realised her mistake but kept it going and still shone and was still better than others! If she had've had a young 17 year old boy and hadn't done that mix-up with the lyrics she would've shone, the song suits her I think.

I've been standing up for her on tonight's show thread. I think coming 2nd to a girl for a Hollywood movie, appearing on TV in an ad for the NSPCC, getting a distinction in her grade 8 singing, and getting thru 2 rounds of XF auditions shows that she's talented. Annoying jealous people :p
  • Options
    Cat BalouCat Balou Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree! :)

As I said on the main show thread, I was disappointed when I watched Niamh as I expected her to do better. However, most of the other girls also had a bad week so IMO she was not the worst.

As for Sam, she was good on the belting parts of her song which no doubt impressed in the studio but she was pretty bad for the rest of the song and I thought the panel were over generous in their praise.

I liked Niamh from the first live show as I thought her verison of The First Cut is the Deepest" was good. I also liked "Wind beneath my Wings". I think she definitely has star potential even if she doesn't get to be Nancy. What's more ALW seems to agree! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cat Balou wrote: »
    I agree! :)

As I said on the main show thread, I was disappointed when I watched Niamh as I expected her to do better. However, most of the other girls also had a bad week so IMO she was not the worst.

As for Sam, she was good on the belting parts of her song which no doubt impressed in the studio but she was pretty bad for the rest of the song and I thought the panel wee over generous in their praise.

I liked Niamh from the first live show as I thought her verison of The First Cut is the Deepest" was good. I also liked "Wind beneath my Wings". I think she definitely has star potential even if she doesn't get to be Nancy. What's more ALW seems to agree! :)

no matter what happens, I think we can safely say Niamh should be ok :) she will get something, especially now that she's touched the heart of ALW :)

I loved her from the beginning, partially cos my friend knew her but I have now like her as her own person and due to her talent, not just cos she's a "friend's friend".

I wrote Niamh a letter, sent it to her on Monday, so she should have it by now (tho it was 2nd class :confused:) I really hope she's read it, and hope she replies (tho I doubt it, their schedule seems to be hectic!)
  • Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Did nobody notice that she lost the lyrics at the start of the second verse? I think that's what threw her, plus the choreography.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quizmike wrote: »
    Did nobody notice that she lost the lyrics at the start of the second verse? I think that's what threw her, plus the choreography.

Yep I said that back a bit
  • Options
    skreepersskreepers Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i feel gutted for niamh tonight. she wasnt at her best tonight but she was most certainly not the worst with the likes of rachels performance! really cannot believe they praised her to the higest heavens tonight and bettered her to niamh when that clearly should not have been the case!

we know how good she can be and i maintain like some others said earlier that 'wind beneath my wings' has been my favourite song of the entire competition by any nancy!

keep up the support for niamh.

ps. lou ive PMed you.
  • Options
    Nurse BettyNurse Betty Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel's performance was terrible. It just goes to show when she isn't allowed to mime like she did last week just how mediocre she is.

Samantha's was by far the worst performance. One of the worst vocals I've heard in any talent show. She just gets worse every week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Niamh is a gorgeous and unspoilt girl. I don't think she's right for Nancy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. After all, Nancy isn't a huge leading role in the sense that Maria is in The Sound of Music. She has to share things out with Fagin, the boys and Bill Sykes.

I hope Niamh stays in till close to the end, and is given better songs to show off her undoubted talent, so that she gets picked up by someone to do something that will suit her even better than the Nancy role would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when Niamh will next be home? :)
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel's performance was terrible. It just goes to show when she isn't allowed to mime like she did last week just how mediocre she is.

Samantha's was by far the worst performance. One of the worst vocals I've heard in any talent show. She just gets worse every week.

Why don't you go play with your doll patients 'nurse'?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Niamh was amazing in the sing off tonight, and ALW definitely made the right decision. Niamh did have the wrong song last night but I still thought it was fantastic. I'm hoping she'll bounce back next week :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Holly Oaks wrote: »
    I think Niamh was amazing in the sing off tonight, and ALW definitely made the right decision. Niamh did have the wrong song last night but I still thought it was fantastic. I'm hoping she'll bounce back next week :)

completely agree with everything you just said :)
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was stunned by Niamh's performance in the sing off, she put everything into that performance and it paid off. If she can perform like that every week she'll have a great chance of getting into the final. She deserves it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    She sang beautifully in the sing off
    Whoever chose that awful shouty song she had earlier ought to be shot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, gonna start by saying Niamh really should not have been there :mad: there were far worse! Same applies to Keisha :)

She was AMAZING in the sing off though :) Maade me :cry:! Hopefully ALWs anger at the wrong decision will help her get her confidence back....having the biggest man in the industry say you shouldn't be there has to count for something! :)
  • Options
    skreepersskreepers Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was stunned by Niamh's performance in the sing off, she put everything into that performance and it paid off. If she can perform like that every week she'll have a great chance of getting into the final. She deserves it.
    Holly Oaks wrote: »
    Well, gonna start by saying Niamh really should not have been there :mad: there were far worse! Same applies to Keisha :)

She was AMAZING in the sing off though :) Maade me :cry:! Hopefully ALWs anger at the wrong decision will help her get her confidence back....having the biggest man in the industry say you shouldn't be there has to count for something! :)

completely agree with all of the above. niamh was amazing in the sing off it was a very good song for her voice so hopefully we get one more suited for her next week rather than something like valerie again!

but yes she was VERY good