Options

Appreciation Thread for Rachel.

Comments

• Options
    MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helloo...might I just pop my head in for a moment?

I just wanted to say that I thought that Rachel's performance was lovely tonight and that I thought we got a glimpse of the real person for the first time.

I've not really been a fan before, but I thought she was great tonight, relaxed and with a good vocal.

Typical that then the panel didn't agree with me!! She was my second fave tonight and I hope she keeps on going!

Mama :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're completely right in saying he hasn't had an original idea all series, it did seem like it came completely out of nowhere. Hmmmm. I wonder are his strings being pulled pre-show?

I'm definitely not one of these conspiracy theorists but this was just soooooooooooo against everything else he's said, I fear you may be right.

You dont need a degree to know what they are playing at.....they have done the same thing..................third time now.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mamaboogie wrote: »
    Helloo...might I just pop my head in for a moment?

I just wanted to say that I thought that Rachel's performance was lovely tonight and that I thought we got a glimpse of the real person for the first time.

I've not really been a fan before, but I thought she was great tonight, relaxed and with a good vocal.

Typical that then the panel didn't agree with me!! She was my second fave tonight and I hope she keeps on going!

Mama :)

I agree.......as you know Im not a fan of Rachels either...not sure that she sounded good because the rest were so bad with the exception of Jodie.....:(:(
  • Options
    MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on Caspy - you know Jodie was cheesy and OTT tonight!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [
    QUOTE=Mamaboogie;23611266]Oh come on Caspy - you know Jodie was cheesy and OTT tonight!:rolleyes:
    [/QUOTE]

Not on my TV she wasnt.........im dying to know what the Lord whats her to dance too......

wonder if she can rock climb and scuba dive while holding a perfect note..............sighhhhhhhhh what does this girl have to do.......:(:(:(:(:( Ginger Rodgers......high heels and backwards....:)
  • Options
    DimSumDimSum Posts: 6,770
    Forum Member
    Can't believe she's got more bad comments in one performance tonight than in all her others adding together.I thought she did well with that song she was given.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Let's face it, the song she was given was duuuuuuuuuuuuull, especially on this type of programme. She did really well with it; she came across warm and likeable. THEN BH tells her she's like an understudy? And he practically salivates over miss mumbly squawkathon Samantha? He's an absolute twunt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I still love Rachel, and I thought her performance was good tonight. Maybe not her best but not bad by any means. I kind of know what they meant because she didn't seem to be acting as much as she usually does, but the panel were a bit too harsh for my liking, especially BH saying she was an understudy!!! that's just complete fiction. i looove her voice; that's the voice of a star right there. I could easily listen to her for several hours.
    Poor Rachel, she looked gutted when they were so negative :(

and were the oldies(-who-aren't-even-old) not a million times better than the young 'uns? especially Rachel, i couldn't take my eyes off her in that number, she stood out for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    The older girls were miles better than the younger ones, that was plainly obvious. I couldn't help but think ALW couldn't have pointed that out though, since his faves are in the younger bunch AND because Rachel answered him back tonight.

Rachel really shone out of all of them in those 2 numbers; I'm praying she'll make the final!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I thought Rachel was great! :D
    Some of the comments were really harsh and confused me, I thought Rachel showed loads of emotion in her performance. I loved her in the group performance aswell, they all showed alot of personality and made me laugh but in a great way, the two groups were both really good but i have to go with the Rachel/Jodie/Ashley group they were Brilliant! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    This has been my favourite performance of Rachel's so far. I sat there the whole way through actually getting warmth from her- you could even see happiness in her eyes (which I normally find a bit steely :o) when she was singing. For the first time I felt like her performance wasn't forced, and I really enjoyed her vocal.

But then the judges laid into her like no one's business. I was seriously "WTF?"ing at my TV. And when Barry compared her to an understudy I actually made a weird sort of yelping noise followed by a "WHAT!?" That was so figgin' HARSH. And totally out of the blue- I mean every week until now (even though I've not seen where they've been coming from) the judges have loved Rachel. And, to be honest, she's been a leading lady before- what on earth did she do to warrant such a horrible remark!? Especially since it was her best performance to date IMO.

:rolleyes:

This competition seems to be going totally to pot.

But yeah, Rachel appreciation. I was pleasantly surprised this week :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad Lalalaur!!!! you give honest crtiques!!! And are open to change!!! A nice trait! I thought rachel was great as always and didn't deserve the harsh comments!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I really feel for this girl - she's a musical theatre performer so the majority of her previous peformances on this show have been as if she's on stage acting to the people in the back row of the gods - fantastic according to the panel - overacting to the Great British Public. Tonight she took note of the cameras and toned it down (it is apparantly the GBP who is meant to decide her fate :rolleyes:afterall!!!)

It was nice to see another softer side to her tonight, which unfortunatly (for whatever reason - hhmmmm!) the BBC has not allowed her to be shown in. I truly believe that she sang from her heart tonight and didn't have to act.

At least I now know that she's able to give TV viewers what they want and at the same time I'm 100% certain she can hold the attention of a full house.

(Oh yeah - don't understand how an actress can actually be TOO polished! Surely all that means is she's very good and can pull of any role she's given - please do tell me if I'm actually missing something here - very confused!!!) :confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been quite harsh to Rachel in previous weeks, but I'm here to be nice, fret not!

I really enjoyed Rachel's Week 1 performance, and then suddenly went off her, and thought she was quite cold. But, last week I felt she really pulled it back and made me enjoy For Once In My Life... and I was just as shocked to find her in the bottom two as I was Sarah. She gave a wonderful sing-off performance, and even though she beat my Sarah out (can I get a :(!) I appreciate how good she was. Luckily, she continued the good-streak into this week (I'd have been even madder Sarah went if not!), and again she made me believe and enjoy her performance, especially in the trio number, I found her particularly sexy :o

Needless to say, I felt that the judges comments' (particularly Barry's) were way out of line. Maybe they realised last week she wasn't as popular with the public as they thought, and were trying to jump ship?

So yeah. I've been damning before about her 'cold' performances, but I think she's really come out of herself, and tonight gave, to me, one of the top 2/3 performances. If she keeps up this 'new Rachel' streak, she'll have my support 'til the end. I hope she does, as since Week 2 I've WANTED to like her. Now that I do again, I hope it can continue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaLaLaur wrote: »
    This has been my favourite performance of Rachel's so far. I sat there the whole way through actually getting warmth from her- you could even see happiness in her eyes (which I normally find a bit steely :o) when she was singing. For the first time I felt like her performance wasn't forced, and I really enjoyed her vocal.

But then the judges laid into her like no one's business. I was seriously "WTF?"ing at my TV. And when Barry compared her to an understudy I actually made a weird sort of yelping noise followed by a "WHAT!?" That was so figgin' HARSH. And totally out of the blue- I mean every week until now (even though I've not seen where they've been coming from) the judges have loved Rachel. And, to be honest, she's been a leading lady before- what on earth did she do to warrant such a horrible remark!? Especially since it was her best performance to date IMO.

:rolleyes:

This competition seems to be going totally to pot.

But yeah, Rachel appreciation. I was pleasantly surprised this week :)

100% agree! I also warmed to Rachel for the first time in this competition. While I would have agreed with the impersonating emotion comment a few weeks ago, I think she had toned it down a lot more last night and for the first time, I felt there was something sincere behind the eyes. I thought she was also great in the trio performance.

I think Rachel may be sliding down rapidly from the judges' favourites gang but I think she is probably the most competent overall out of the ones left.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel is one of my favourites. I've liked her from week one. I don't think she's been phenomenal every week, but she (like most of the girls, I know) has been given some lousy songs that just aren't right for her. I think she sang beautifullly last night and was annoyed with the judges' harsh comments to her. John still supports her but the others were overly critical I thought, and BH was downright mean with his understudy comment. Rachel is most definitely leading lady material! I wish her all the best. I'd definitely go to see her as Nancy, or in any other role.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    I think the comments Sarah recieved last week about not hitting the back of the theatre with "toned down for television" acting have confused A- the pannel and B- the Nancies. Barry didn't like the toned-down, but ALW said it's what he wanted to see. So Rachel toned it down and got slated, whereas Jodie (apparently) went all-out and also got slated. Seriously, what do they want these girls to do!?

I hope Rachel shines next week, because I really want to continue liking her. Lol! And I also kinda want it to be her the Olivers perform with tonight- I'm still not convinced she's maternal.

I think I'm going to put the pannel on mute next saturday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the panel havent a clue what they want..........play it up - play it down - sell the song - song over sell - feel it with your eyes = dont over do it. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't particularly like her solo number but she did stand out in the group number and BH's comment about her only being suited to understudy was out of order and I really felt for her then.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep and mud sticks..............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just found a 2nd diary entry for her on the offical website! But what a shock it doesn't work!!!! :eek::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Using my virgin post (I've been lurking since the start) to say that after not really rooting for Rachel, I feel I have finally seen the real girl. The shock/turmoil of last week has peeled back the veneer I felt she has felt obliged to maintain....could be called professionalism but for me as Mrs average-viewer, it came across as rather detached.
    So, having seen the real Rachel, I have connected with her and thus am a complete convert and not just because others have gone.

Hoorah for Rachel! Don't let BH grind you down :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so glad she spoke out in results show about BH. It's not just her I'm sure is confused about the judges comments!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Hey.

Im been reading these boards for qute a while and have finally become a member!
    Mainly to show my support for Rachel. She's been my fave right from the start, and so glad she survived this week!
    Im thinking it might be her and Niamh next week in the bottom two though, do you think she'd survive?
    ALW isnt much of a fan really .. fool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the forum liv_x.
    I was sooooooo glad Rachel was safe tonight. I believe she can still come back fighting each week and win this, If all Rachel fans just vote vote vote and keep spreading the word. I think alot of people who weren't keen on Rachel are starting to change their minds about her, well i hope.
    Rachel has the talent to win this.
    I loved her doing the task tonight on the results show, it was so convincing.
    xoxox