Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    SFA tell C4 news that Ogilvie knows nothing about the EBT 'contracts', god help them if Rangers lose the BTC.

RTC says he has proof that Ogilvie was on an EBT himself. This just gets better and better.
    They don't know why he knows nothing.

Unwilling to implicate himself or just a bumbling fool?
    assembly@bluenose.co.uk is not the paypal address for this Rangers fans fund thingy is it?

Because it can't be as the RSA and Rangers FC have it as assembly@thebluenose.co.uk

But the picture tell a different story.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/13/article-2114395-1225FCCA000005DC-852_468x454.jpg

EPIC fail not just with the wrong paypal address.

Oversees? PMSL

That entire thing is a complete riddy.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dundee v Ayr off because the floodlights failed. Twice.
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    That entire thing is a complete riddy.

If I was the clown who owned bluenose.co.uk - I'd be setting up a new paypal account :D
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Dundee v Ayr off because the floodlights failed. Twice.

Yes was on my way home from work and thought it was a queue for the bus it was a queue for Dens:D and then everyone sent away and went straight on the bus in the end anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was the clown who owned bluenose.co.uk - I'd be setting up a new paypal account :D

:D:D:D

I wonder how many of them will donate £16.90?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's some positive news.

FOX Soccer has bought the SPL rights from this weekend until the end of the 2013-14 season.

They plan to show exclusive live coverage across the USinA of two matches a week with a highlights show of 30mins.
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Campbell Ogilvie doesn't want to be dragged across the media while the SFA/SPL investigations take place - but he found time for Chico.

Course he did, he's been able to rely on Chic and Jabba spinning for him for 20 years. The fact it's been funded by the licence fee is a scandal.
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some Walter Smith quotes from yesterday.

"I keep on reading that the previous board is in some way to blame for the financial problems the club is currently facing. That seems to me like people are deliberately not understanding the situation"

"when the takeover was completed the club was in its best ever financial position. It was debt free"

“To try to blame previous directors for what has happened since then makes no sense. Only one person has done this to Rangers.”

It seems Walter is blaming the the ebt's, tax cases, unsustainable wages etc etc all on Whyte. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"I keep on reading that the previous board is in some way to blame for the financial problems the club is currently facing. That seems to me like people are deliberately not understanding the situation"

"when the takeover was completed the club was in its best ever financial position. It was debt free"

“To try to blame previous directors for what has happened since then makes no sense. Only one person has done this to Rangers.”

It seems Walter is blaming the the ebt's, tax cases, unsustainable wages etc etc all on Whyte. :D

It appears that No Surname is "deliberately not understanding the situation".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TIG on the phone to Hateley as we speak. :D:D:D
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He needs to get off the crack
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Sky reporting that David Murray is saying he was duped into selling the club to Whyte, the board was duped, the bank was duped and the fans were duped.

I fail to see how a business man with Murray's experiance can be duped by a conman, someone clearly didnt do their checks properly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Sky reporting that David Murray is saying he was duped into selling the club to Whyte, the board was duped, the bank was duped and the fans were duped.

I fail to see how a business man with Murray's experiance can be duped by a conman, someone clearly didnt do their checks properly

David Murray was duped so it wasn't his fault despite the Independent Rangers Board saying they had serious misgivings about Whyte as he wouldn't provide information to them about where he would get money from. Campbell Ogivlie, despite being Rangers secretary, never knew anything about the club using EBTs so it wasn't his fault. Do we see a pattern emerging here???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »

After all its not as if he had never heard of the motherwell born billionaire and his father before TGEF fled to Monaco.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting tweets from Alex Thomson.

Hatchet men are suits around Ibrox, former senior man at Ibrox and Sfa tells him demotion to Div 3 would be good for Scottish football.

Clearly he is not speaking to the Scottish media contacts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting tweets from Alex Thomson.

Hatchet men are suits around Ibrox, former senior man at Ibrox and Sfa tells him demotion to Div 3 would be good for Scottish football.

Clearly he is not speaking to the Scottish media contacts.

It is good to see a journalist to report it as it is.

Too many journalists from up here have been reporting it from their position as Rangers supporters, not their position as journalists.

Look at this story about an American 'billionaire' being interested in buying Rangers, do none of them remember the rubbish they have printed over the last 18 months? Why would an American 'billionaire' be interested in buying any, and that includes Celtic, Scottish club?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member

Clearly Walter fancies himself as a bit of a comedian and wants a few lines in the Ibroke farce.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    He knew. How could he not. He filed the contracts with the SFA and was SFA treasurer @ the time.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/dangers-rangers-tax-shambles/850

The SFA better be careful as C4 will investigate this in great detail and they could end up looking very very silly.

lol. The SFA have a real journalist coming after them and not the usual Rangers loving media who will accept what they do with no questions asked.

Yes, the SFA have been pretty lucky up to now that the general media have more just reported goings in they hear from Scotland including just repeating Scottish source material.

But if some serious UK investigative journalists start really looking into much of the Rangers goings on there are so so many seriously still very much unanswered questions and Ogilvie will be one who will be very much in there.

The SFA have a joy ride with the usual diddy Scottish football come wanna be news pundits. But there is an absolute can of worms here and the worms may start getting out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ogilvie releases a statement denying things he hasn't been accused of but admits to receiving money from the EBT scheme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ogilvie releases a statement denying things he hasn't been accused of but admits to receiving money from the EBT scheme.

It just keeps on going. :D:D

We are now supposed to believe that whilst he admits to getting paid by EBT as it was a way to save paying on tax he expects us to believe that he had no idea players who were on salaries much larger than his were also on the same type of 'tax efficient' payment.

Does he think that we button up the back?

If Rangers aren't actually in administration do they get their 10 points back? :confused:
  • Options
    UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bhoy, can you please give me a synopsis of the Rangers debacle from EBT (?) to new talk of administraters? In all honesty, I can't follow it at all :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uriah wrote: »
    Bhoy, can you please give me a synopsis of the Rangers debacle from EBT (?) to new talk of administraters? In all honesty, I can't follow it at all :confused:

Tax tribunal still to decide if Rangers used the EBT scheme legally or illegally - the money is on the latter.

Ogilvie today admitted to benefitting from the EBT scheme, after the SFA said he knew nothing, na-da, zilch only yesterday - it appears Ogilvie uses the same memory techniques perfected by one Craig Whyte.

SPL investigating whether second contracts or side letters were issued to Rangers players without the details being passed on to the SPL/SFA.

Craig Whyte cocked up the administration process - because Rangers were registered with the FSA they had to give permission for Fluff and Helps to be appointed administrators, that permission has been given and will be ratified in court next week but it can be open to a legal challenge from any creditor of the club.
  • Options
    UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tax tribunal still to decide if Rangers used the EBT scheme legally or illegally - the money is on the latter.

Ogilvie today admitted to benefitting from the EBT scheme, after the SFA said he knew nothing, na-da, zilch only yesterday - it appears Ogilvie uses the same memory techniques perfected by one Craig Whyte.

SPL investigating whether second contracts or side letters were issued to Rangers players without the details being passed on to the SPL/SFA.

Craig Whyte cocked up the administration process - because Rangers were registered with the FSA they had to give permission for Fluff and Helps to be appointed administrators, that permission has been given and will be ratified in court next week but it can be open to a legal challenge from any creditor of the club.

Cheers, mate. In other words it is a total mess :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uriah wrote: »
    Cheers, mate. In other words it is a total mess :confused:

Indeed it is!

Still, nobody has fallen in a swimming pool like a guy from your FA! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    If Rangers aren't actually in administration do they get their 10 points back? :confused:

Hope so,then they can wrap this 'tainted' pish.
This discussion has been closed.