Options

Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Her singing happy Birthday was amazing. She has a very unique sounding voice one of them voices where you know 100% its Britney singing :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the Glee ep possibly being a shade thrown at Britney! It may come across as really hurtful to Britney, especially since she was such a fan of their last tribute. I can't help but feel she won't find the Gimme More incident funny if she watches this one!
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for The X Factor USA to start airing here in the UK, it's going to be awesome to have Britney on our television screens two nights a week. Here's hoping this judging role will be the re-making of her.

The X Factor USA starts next week on ITV2:
    Thursday 27th September, 8pm
    Friday 28th September, 9pm
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving Britney so far on The X Factor USA!
    Her personality is back! :D

And Glee 2.0... after all the stuff I heard about it I was ready to hate it... but I liked it. Nothing they included didn't happen afterall. Brittany's identification with Britney was reflected in her breakdown. Brittany, as a easily-led, naive, young woman went down the breakdown route which she felt she should, and so she echoed Britney's!
    I doubt Britney's management didn't keep an eye on it seeing as it was tied in with The X Factor launch. It has created talk and buzz to a large extent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Why does no one post in here anymore?
    So what did everyone think of X Factor last night? I'd already watched it online but it was nice to watch on the telly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does no one post in here anymore?
    So what did everyone think of X Factor last night? I'd already watched it online but it was nice to watch on the telly!

I've been wondering the same, I have no idea why it's dried up and people have refrained from posting on here especially as Britney is currently active with several projects on the go.

As for The X Factor USA, I watched it on ITV2 for the first time on Thursday and Friday night and I must say so far I've really been impressed with Britney as a judge... she keeps her feedback short and direct which I like.... also I think it's refreshing to see a big star like Britney just keepin' it real and being honest because alot of theses types of shows have judges that are afraid to say 'no' to contestants in the fear of risking being unpopular.

One issue that I do have is that Britney needs to improve her make up especially for the live shows!
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I just post on Exhale alot more :o

Im proud of Britney but tbh i just feel really nervous about the live shows, she has been great on xfactor but i really hope she will be able to give good critical criticism during the live shows as there will be no bad acts left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXFg2Y7HmaA&feature=youtu.be
    New Fantasy Twist advert!
    Brit looks great!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Listening to this

Do we know when X Factor USA starts over here?

I love that song :D Any news on the will.i.am song?
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brit looks great!

Love that ad! Waaaaay better than Radiance's "I choose my own destiny" one. I'm still baffled by she bothered going in to that palm reader to begin with! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that song :D Any news on the will.i.am song?

Yes! Apparently it's no longer called Sexy Sexy but Scream & Shout as it was leaked on a casting call for the video which they are currently working on. They want fire breathers and dancers so should be a corker of a video :D

Hoping Brit gets her dance on :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Yes! Apparently it's no longer called Sexy Sexy but Scream & Shout as it was leaked on a casting call for the video which they are currently working on. They want fire breathers and dancers so should be a corker of a video :D

Hoping Brit gets her dance on :cool:

Sounding promising :D Any news on when it's released?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounding promising :D Any news on when it's released?

The shoot is taking place this weekend, Oct 13th and 14th. I would assume mid-late November for the single to drop in all its glory as will.i.am's dropping the album on December 10th. So it's getting closer! The US will get it first. I would love it if will.i.am and Brit came to UK X factor to perform it :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    The shoot is taking place this weekend, Oct 13th and 14th. I would assume mid-late November for the single to drop in all its glory as will.i.am's dropping the album on December 10th. So it's getting closer! The US will get it first. I would love it if will.i.am and Brit came to UK X factor to perform it :eek:

Hopefully we should be hearing it soon. I'm really excited about it :D I can't stand X Factor at all and don't watch it but I think a bit of promotion will be a good thing.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Brit looks great!

I like the idea of Fantasy Twist. I already have quite a lot of Midnight Fantasy so I didn't buy the Twist, I bought a 100ml bottle of Fantasy instead. I'd never really given it a chance as I always used Midnight Fantasy. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As of late it seems like Britney's keeping busy career wise and is rockin' it in the fashion and style stakes but most importantly is looking poised and confident, it seems like The X Factor USA has been a real good boost for her!

Only this week Britney has....

released her new Fantasy Twist fragrance commercial and print advertisement
    http://cocoperez.com/2012-10-11-britney-spears-fantasy-twist-fragrance-commercial-is-here/?feat=yes

http://www.breatheheavy.com/2012/10/new-fantasy-twist-poster/

done a secret shoot for VEVO and teased fans with two photos of herslf on-set
    https://path.com/p/kmZ61

attended the City of Hope Gala event in Los Angeles
    http://www.breatheheavy.com/xray/thumbnails.php?album=8943

participated in The Whitney Houston Grammy Tribute show
    http://www.breatheheavy.com/xray/thumbnails.php?album=8947

and this weekend will be filming the music video for her forthcoming single with Will.i.am called 'Scream and Shout'.

PHEW!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will.iam's forthcoming single 'Scream and Shout' featuring Britney Spears had its music video filmed last weekend... and I hear acclaimed director Jonas Akerlund headed the shoot. Britney has previously worked with him on the 'Hold It Against Me' video.

I gotta say I'm super excited to hear the song and see the music video... it'll be great to have Britney back doing what she does best!
  • Options
    TheWildHeartTheWildHeart Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I've recently discovered "Strangest Love" for the first time and can't believe it never made it on to "In the Zone". The track is amazing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Will.iam's forthcoming single 'Scream and Shout' featuring Britney Spears had its music video filmed last weekend... and I hear acclaimed director Jonas Akerlund headed the shoot. Britney has previously worked with him on the 'Hold It Against Me' video.

I gotta say I'm super excited to hear the song and see the music video... it'll be great to have Britney back doing what she does best!

Jonas "Ray Of Light, Music, American Life, RIT DVD, Confessions tour DVD, Telephone, Paparazzi, Hold It Against Me" Akerlund.....im here for that he makes total feasts for the eys when he works with inspired people :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VIDEO DETAILS:

- She looked stunning in a Herve Leger dress and black gloves.
    - She even insisted on stylists cutting out the midriff area of the £1,000 dress to show off her toned tum.
    - She had her groove back and she looked and danced *brilliantly.
    - There’s a throw-down section where she performs a solo dance on a podium, and all you hear is, ‘It’s *Britney Bitch’. And then she danced like crazy.

She’s got her groove back. X Factor has given her a new lease of life. "She wants to show people what originally made her so famous again.”

Ineresting....i truly hope that we do see a reinvented and inspired Britney again :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VIDEO DETAILS:

- She even insisted on stylists cutting out the midriff area of the £1,000 dress to show off her toned tum.
    - There’s a throw-down section where she performs a solo dance on a podium, and all you hear is, ‘It’s *Britney Bitch’. And then she danced like crazy.

She’s got her groove back. X Factor has given her a new lease of life. "She wants to show people what originally made her so famous again.”

Seriously IF this is all true then it would be music to my ears... exactly the sort of thing I've been waiting to hear for such a long time..... Britney FINALLY gettin' her groove back and dancing like only she did pre-2005.

I'm super excited to hear the single and see the video! I hope we get a live X factor performance as well!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope we do see a super charged return from Britney in performance and scale tbh...i have felt since Blackout we have had a lot of false promises for Britney...its all hype and then...oh, thats it...but here it really sounds like she is inspired again...well at least i hope so anyway. :)

Hopefully with this being the start of a post-30 Britney reinvention so she can shake it up a lot more...and hey...who will be up for a Britney Superbowl 2014??? Queen-2012, Princess Bey - 2013, Princess Brit - 2014 what a way to comeback...Nations Swetheart at the Nations biggest event ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VIDEO DETAILS:

Ineresting....i truly hope that we do see a reinvented and inspired Britney again :)

Britney showing off that toned-tum is great! If they really sample Gimme More with an insane dance breakdown that would be EPIC!! If this is all true then I cannot freakin' wait...Brit on fire! :cool:

As for Britney's reinvention/comeback I can't help but feel that 2014 Superbowl would be too soon in scale, let her drop a new album/hot tour, really assert that comeback then let a different princess/act do it in 2014 whilst Brit cooks up another killer era and then launches it in 2015 with the spectacle to end all spectacles, then she would be definitely ready :cool: