Awkward moment ..... Bo and Danny

Comments

• CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it wasn't just me that noticed the awkwardness on Danny's face - a very fixed smile and I bet "the hairs on his arms" went up for the wrong reasons.

She looked a bit bunny boilerish to me - the way she looked at him.

Awkward for Tom too as he was slated in the press for his lack of interest towards Leanne. Mind you - you aren't signing up to be life long friends when you mentor someone - so can't see what her gripe was about. Its up to the record label to support and take her on board.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yawalloper wrote: »
    That was the look which I noticed as well. I couldn't quite decide whether it was a disappointed look or an embarrassed look.

I was embarrassed on her behalf. :o
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read an interview where Bo claims that 'Save Me' (the song she sang last night, I believe) was written about her feelings for Danny.
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Jessie & Vince displayed any real warmth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it I may re watch see what all the fuss is about.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed this bit - was it on the results show?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was at the end of the first show.
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed this bit - was it on the results show?

Yes.. and I think the link here explains a bit about their 'relationship'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/thevoice/4898995/bo-bruce-relationship-danny-odonoghue.html
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    Danny had this fixed forced smile on his face the whole time.. :o very uncomfortable i thought.. and no Bo did not even acknowledge him at all. :D.

LOL!!! Definitely fixed smile! How awkward was that eh? :D
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I've just read an interview where Bo claims that 'Save Me' (the song she sang last night, I believe) was written about her feelings for Danny.

The lyrics sure sound like it could be about him...
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Not half as awkward as the look on Tom Jones face when Leanne was on. Fake plastic smile plastered on.

Yep. I couldn't decide who looked the most uncomfortable when their act was singing, Tom or Danny. For very different reasons, I think they'd both rather have been anywhere else for those few minutes
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Yep. I couldn't decide who looked the most uncomfortable when their act was singing, Tom or Danny. For very different reasons, I think they'd both rather have been anywhere else for those few minutes

I never got the feeling that Tom wanted Leanne to win and was always disappointed that the young, black soul singer who he also mentored and really liked (apologies, can't remember her name now) was eliminated. I actually think he was quite surprised that Leanne won!

To give Danny his due, fixed rictus smile aside, he did seem to have actually listened to Bo's song and was singing along (which couldn't have been too comfortable if it was supposed to be about him! :D). I wonder if Sir Tom has even listened to Leanne's album?

(don't mean this in an anti-Tom way by the way as I quite like him)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OneK wrote: »
    It was at the end of the first show.

Oh thanks, I didn't realise there was more and deleted it :( I'll have to watch it on catch up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    Yes.. and I think the link here explains a bit about their 'relationship'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/thevoice/4898995/bo-bruce-relationship-danny-odonoghue.html

It seems there was something going on then. It certainly looked like it last year. Would the BBC step in over something like that or maybe Danny just cooled off ;)
  • vze1xgrl1vze1xgrl1 Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    It was soooo awkward, in fact I think that Danny was singing the wrong words too! I cant find the performance on you tube.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I don't know what it is about her that I find so utterly annoying, and I feel bad for it...she hasn't done anything wrong but I just find her very irritating, I guess the fact she looks just like a teacher I used to have who I couldn't stand can't help.

Well you've got very weird tendencies then.

I think she has the voice of an angel personally. Amazing.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member
    vze1xgrl1 wrote: »
    It was soooo awkward, in fact I think that Danny was singing the wrong words too! I cant find the performance on you tube.

I think Danny is the type of man who needs to please people, so he probably tried to sing along to look supportive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think Danny looked awkward Howevr Bo kept on gazing at him and that was awkward.Something happend between them its just odd the way the won't deny it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    She was gazing at him with tears in her eyes as she sang, must have been unbelievably uncomfortable for Danny...
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny is so hot. I don't see what he liked about Bo, she's so insipid.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he at least had a one night stand or a casual fling, she wanted more, he didn't as he seems a bit of a player so blamed it on the producers rules to get out of it. I doubt the producers care I mean Denise van outen dated lee mead from the show she was judging, she openly admitted she loved him from his first audition.
  • sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I also noticed Tom looking very awkward when Leanne was on stage.
    With Danny, the camera kept going back to him while Bo sang, and I thought she was looking at him - my sense of direction must be off!
    I also thought Bo was not looking her best? To me, she normaly looks very attractive, but not tonight. Must be difficult - knowing that the viewers will be discussing your every move and/or expression.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Whaaaa? How have I missed this?
    I have The Voice on series link and haven't missed a show as far as I thought. Can somebody tell me when this was shown so I can watch on iPlayer :cry:
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was shown on Friday (7th June) and the Tyler/Vince/Bo/Leanne bit starts at 1h 53m.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yawalloper wrote: »
    That was the look which I noticed as well. I couldn't quite decide whether it was a disappointed look or an embarrassed look.

a look of deja vu? :eek: "do i know you from somewhere?" :D