✭✭
    I hate it.
    Put it back the way it was.
    and as for those bleedin' smilies...
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Interestingly, people on other forums and who don't post here are discussing the DS makeover and saying how hideous it looks, so it's not just disgruntled DSers complaining.

Any recommendations out there for a decent forum that's readable and user-friendly? I won't be able to stay here if they don't change it. TBH I havn't bothered with any others for ages so am out of touch..
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still not mended I see.

How was a trainee kid's untested load of junk ever allowed to get anywhere near the live server?
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, was hoping when I came back on here this morning some of the issues may have been resolved. Still have layout issues on my laptop... some of the right side of the page is still cut off.

:devil:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do think there needs to be some kind of balance to the white as well - if you're surfing the net somewhere else and then click to come back to DS, it's like whacking the brightness up on your monitor to full all of a sudden which is a bit offputting.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    It's still here then ?
    And it's still shit.
    I'm having to read in the mobile format, because the desktop format is impossible to see the whole screen.But then I have limited options when trying to post and the text looks like its been written by nanobots.
    So I switch back to the desktop format to post, which then takes about 10 mins to find where I was.
    The smilies look like they have been designed by 4 year olds and are just variations of a yellow blob.
    The colour and contrast hurts my eyes.
    If the designers worked for me I would sack them all, it's a complete load of bollocks.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Please please please sort out the problem of not being able to see the right hand side of the screen on iPad. It's so frustrating and I rarely use my laptop at home.

And get rid of that massive white banner at the top of the page *wants to insert red "mad" smilie here but can't*
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Well, yes the smilies aren't up to much, I preferred the old ones but it would have been nice to add to them. Screen is a bit bright and could do with toning down. Don't like the shade of grey, it needs to be darker.
    I do still prefer this lay out though.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    It's still here then ?
    And it's still shit.
    I'm having to read in the mobile format, because the desktop format is impossible to see the whole screen.But then I have limited options when trying to post and the text looks like its been written by nanobots.
    So I switch back to the desktop format to post, which then takes about 10 mins to find where I was.
    The smilies look like they have been designed by 4 year olds and are just variations of a yellow blob.
    If the designers worked for me I would sack them all, it's a complete load of bollocks.

I find the quotes easier to read, maybe we should all copy our posts and duplicate everything.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GPW wrote: »
    Cold and sterile looking.

This is what I think.

The old colours gave the forum a friendlier feel. This new look is not good at all. :-(
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please please please sort out the problem of not being able to see the right hand side of the screen on iPad. It's so frustrating and I rarely use my laptop at home.

And get rid of that massive white banner at the top of the page *wants to insert red "mad" smilie here but can't*

Change to the mobile version (drop down menu at bottom left), it still works fine.
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Guys, this is the thread where you can officially say goodbye to DS and any friends you've made on here if you find it impossible to hack the new forum style :(

Better to go out in a blaze of glory instead of just fading away unnoticed. Too many departures and names that will be missed getting buried away in the design feedback thread...

Mods, please pin this thread.

I'm sticking it out and I really hope you do too Phylo, I love your posts.:)
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I do feel very old, and this is one of them :(
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Talk about a knee jerk reaction, the new layout has been up for less than 24 hours.

Oh, I do agree that there's no point in "spitting the dummy out".

It's just that if you can't be as comfortable with something as you were you're more likely to use it less and just sort of "drift away".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Header bar still taking up a good third of the screen.

Right hand side of the screen not visible on tablets.

Threads too spaced out.

Posts too spaced out.

If you can't fix these things NOW then put it back to the old style until you have, This is truly pathetic service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm struggling with the forums and the main site...Fun went a while ago and now cult, but gay spy is back and comixs is in twice.

I can read quotes ok but links in quote (the light blue on dark grey) I cant read. the buttons dont match the rest and there is no value added from the redesign (avatars/new smilies/shortcuts).

Bit poor really.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't work out how to easily get back to the main forum menu without hitting back on the browser umpteen times :(

Maybe I'll just come back in a few days and hope it's sorted out, I hate change, especially when it's not for the better :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    It's still here then ?
    And it's still shit.

This this this a hundred times this.

PUT IT BACK UNTIL YOU'VE FIXED IT.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful. Actually putting me off from visiting the site.

Why:

- Background too bright
    - Font too indistinct (not enough contrast)
    - Username on posts not prominent enough
    - Too much scrolling needed
    - Can't navigate back to the "General Discussion" or "Politics" etc page in one click, other than by using the browser's back button
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Change to the mobile version (drop down menu at bottom left), it still works fine.

But it reverts back every time you move to a different thread! And replies don't have smilies.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    It's looking better this morning than last night
    That really isn't saying much!
    <insert new shit smiley that all look the same>
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought by the time I woke up this morning they would at least be using better colours.

Oh well time to find another forum I think that care more about my eyes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Jesus wept, take a look at the code.

I've just ran a few different pages though W3, they ranged from 46 errors in the markup to a whopping 135 errors on one page.

I really hope somebody is getting fired and/or sued.
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Oh, I do agree that there's no point in "spitting the dummy out".

It's just that if you can't be as comfortable with something as you were you're more likely to use it less and just sort of "drift away".

I am accustomed to whiling away hours at a time, browsing the threads. As you say, it was as relaxing and comfortable as reading a book. If its a chore, then that's a whole different kettle of fish. And at the moment its actually worse than a chore, its a pretty impossible one.
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Jesus wept, take a look at the code.

I've just ran a few different pages though W3, they ranged from 46 errors in the markup to a whopping 135 errors on one page.

I really hope somebody is getting fired and/or sued.

I assume that the forum owner spends all his money on hard drugs. Lost his mind, and is being taken advantage of accordingly.
This discussion has been closed.