Alexandra Burke - Live on Good Friday

paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Today (Good Friday) Alexandra Burke performed in South Shields as part of the show "The Great British Passion".

Her vocal was perfect throughout and I thought this deserved a thread as her amazing voice is so often overlooked, she's definitely one of the UK's best ever voices.

What do you think? :)

AMAZING GRACE -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bfxWiU4578

WHERE DO HEARTS GO -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Vp8_H99t0

HIGHER & HIGHER -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqSFtKA920I

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredible, classy performances which show that she can do it all. Her voice just keeps getting better and better.
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    First of all she looked stunning and she sounded so good! Those videos are the proof of her amazing vocal. The end in Where Do Hearts Go was simply amazing, I got it on my replay
    Well done!
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Incredible, classy performances which show that she can do it all. Her voice just keeps getting better and better.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Alexandra is so classy and her voice is so rich and full now. Its such a shame that she doesn't get the props she deserves.
    First of all she looked stunning and she sounded so good! Those videos are the proof of her amazing vocal. The end in Where Do Hearts Go was simply amazing, I got it on my replay
    Well done!
    The ending to Where Do Broken Hearts Go really was impressive! Her voice is so effortless now.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has such a good voice. Shame about 90% of her material is rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    She has such a good voice. Shame about 90% of her material is rubbish.
    That's subjective though, her first album sold in bucket loads so I can't have been that bad.

I admit that her second album could've been better though, Alex wasn't happy with it either and was basically forced to release it by her label.
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing Grace is wonderful. So lovely to be reminded of her warm glorious tones. Thanks for posting :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joaniponi wrote: »
    Amazing Grace is wonderful. So lovely to be reminded of her warm glorious tones. Thanks for posting :)
    You're welcome :blush:.

And I agree, Amazing Grace was my favourite of the day. Alex really seems to excel in gospel inspired songs where she can fully add all of that natural soul she has in her voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Her voice though! Whatever you think of her, her voice was pretty amazing on this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gomz wrote: »
    Her voice though! Whatever you think of her, her voice was pretty amazing on this!
    Exactly why I wanted to make this thread, no one can deny her voice in these performances :D.
  • perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Those performances blew me away! She looked gorgeous, erhm, except in that dress while singing Where Do Hearts Go which reminded me of her Let It Go-era costumes. Everything on point, the background singers should follow her during live performances in the US too.
    And I think this made me love Where Do Hearts Go even more.
    Beyonce is the one that makes every hit and bullshit song sound incredible live, Alex is also climbing the same stairs! Bravo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perobt93 wrote: »
    Those performances blew me away! She looked gorgeous, erhm, except in that dress while singing Where Do Hearts Go which reminded me of her Let It Go-era costumes. Everything on point, the background singers should follow her during live performances in the US too.
    And I think this made me love Where Do Hearts Go even more.
    Beyonce is the one that makes every hit and bullshit song sound incredible live, Alex is also climbing the same stairs! Bravo!
    I agree she looked like a lampshade with that dress on, but the vocal totally overshadowed that for me :p

Where Do hearts go sounds so much better live, probably due to the fact that the production on the recorded version is horrible.
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounding amazing as always! Specifically love her version of Amazing Grace!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Sounding amazing as always! Specifically love her version of Amazing Grace!
    It definitely sounds much better live than recorded. The backing singers really added something extra special to it as well.
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting. Just loved these performances and Alex never disappoints. Hope she gets the recognition she deserves.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    That's subjective though, her first album sold in bucket loads so I can't have been that bad.

I admit that her second album could've been better though, Alex wasn't happy with it either and was basically forced to release it by her label.

Indeed, it is subjective. However, for me, she hasn't released anything remotely good since All Night Long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmusic wrote: »
    Thank you for posting. Just loved these performances and Alex never disappoints. Hope she gets the recognition she deserves.
    Your welcome :)
    Alex never disappoints with her amazing voice, I don't think it's even in her vocabulary ;)