Options

The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been to my first meeting of the Red Hats.

It was just a coffee morning and there were about 8 or 9 of us there. I was the only newbie. They all seem very friendly and the queen was not one bit as I imagined her from her emails.
    If any of you over 50's get a chance you should check it out in your area.
    I am booked in for Calendar Girls later this month with lunch first at a restaurant called Shiraz which is very close to the theatre. There are 24 of us going to the theatre but around 40 going for lunch.

I knitted my red hat in a couple of evenings, it is a peak cap. The straw hat Oh painted unfortunately shrank when he put the paint on so it doesnt fit me any more. Still not to worry. I got a red handbag free as a gift from a catalogue and I bought the jumper and a cardi type coat from the catalogue to get the bag. The things I bought were in the sale and are of course purple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Hello ... Brrr it is so cold even in my office... I've 2pairs of socks on and I'm still cold. I must have really caught the chill this morning when I came into town at 8am to deliver my job application for the job advertised in last Wednesday's paper. I spent a couple hours yesterday writing it and I must admit I'm pretty proud of it if I do say so myself:D I hope to at least receive a letter acknowledging it even if I don't get selected for an interview next week.

I hope you all had a good weekend.

Went to a 60th birthday do for a member of OH's extended family and the entertainment from the birthday boy's son was incredible. Just a lad with his guitar doing his own set and when the general party music packed up, the lad just picked up his guitar and sang 'Brown-eyed Girl' and 'Sitting on the Dock of the Bay'. Beats those X-Factor contestants hands-down, both in being able to play his guitar and singing talent.

Star - Skids concert? Are they still around? Did you have a good time? I'm glad that my last post gave you a good laugh. I hope you've managed to get your shock at receiving that letter and I hope things turn out all right.

EJ - Glad that you had a good dance lesson. I'm amazed that you managed to get to Beckenham and back on a Sunday on public transport. Nice to hear that your social calendar is keeping you busy and keeping you distracted so that you're not dwelling on what has happened with the Macmillian nurse etc.

Also I don't think its a matter of private vs NHS anymore... more a matter of who you know sometimes help.

FT - Well done on your weightloss. Keep up the good work! You'll soon be going to those dancing classes in no time! Although I don't see why you shouldn't be going now... I was lurking in the Pro Tour thread and you nearly gave me a heart-attack when you said the 9th July had been cancelled. No it was just typing error 9th July is still definitely on.

Hiu - Good to hear you've not reached Bridezilla stage ... yet :D

TVA - I hope you're having a good time on the slopes....
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Oops, sorry about that Cuddly. Yes it was a typo. I noticed that Loulabelle hadn't booked any other dates (she was booked in on the 8th July) so I contacted her via Facebook this morning and she didn't even know those dates had been cancelled.:eek: I wonder how many other people are in the same boat. At least she is now trying to sort out refunds and rebooking.

I did have a look at the Red Hats web site EJ and they look as if they have a great deal of fun. I shall investigate further.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT it is worth a look. The group here are very varied bunch and all very friendly. When I got there a lot were already there but the queen followed me in and called out after me, I turned round to see this rather well built grey haired lady running along waving her hat. She is quite a character!

There are a lot of events and I have signed up to Calendar Girls and lunch beforehand. I have signed up to the walking group and I am waiting before committing myself further until I know when I have to go into hospital. I explained to them and they were very supportive and echoed my views on the local NHS hospital.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quiet day today. I've finished the February files so I can concentrate on some personal correspondence and a bit of shopping. My life is so exciting!

HRH has taken to sitting on the windowsill outside where I'm working on the computer and yowling very loudly - not sure why.:confused: I suspect there may be another cat on the other side of the fence that I can't see.

Hope your move is going okay Star.

Looking forward to the Pro Tour starting next. Should be good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to post yesterday but ds decided it didnt like me and wouldnt post it so I gave up. Lets hope this one is ok.

EJ sounds like the Red Hatters was fun. From what Lady B has told me about them they have a riotous time together.

Anyone heard from our esteemed lady do we need a search party? And what about CD?

FT the move is progressing it would be helped if my movers actually brought the boxes they are meant to be bringing me. The move all being well is on Friday morning after I sign the lease. My existing agents are doing nothing regarding this flat apparently I have to close all accounts. Though my new agent is seeing to the electric for me. I certainly wont miss them lol.
    You are not meant to just listen to HRH howling you are meant to go out and see what she wants lol. Our oldest cat wont take no for an answer and now she's pretty old when she wants out she wants us to lift her and take her there!!

Cuddly good luck with your job app and hope they send you a gold embossed reply for all your hard work. I hate the way things are done these days with little or no acknowledgement. Sometimes you even have to send a s.a.e. to get the application form in the first place then more postage to send it back. Its ridiculous.

Phoned the Hospital yesterday and left a message for the consultant on her machine. Also phoned the mri dept but all they could tell me was I was on the system but no appointment had been generated yet.

Must go lots of packing to do have a good day all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star hope the packing and the move go okay on Friday.

Keep on at the hospital if you make a nuisance of yourself they might give you an appointment just to stop you phoning.

Just been to the vets with Flossy for her booster. She wasnt too happy when she discovered we were going to vet not to park but she will get over it. Vet says she is overweight..That makes a change from being starved when we got her a year ago. I am not taking that too seriously, will cut her food down a little bit but so long as she doesnt get too fat I think she is ok. Weighing her was a bit of a problem as she didnt want to oblige with a lot of noisy dogs in the waiting room. I think she was 20.5 kilos.

Decided to take her to the big lake at Furzton today for her walk. Tried teardrop lake park yesterday but found she was too silly as she was close to the wildfowl there. Friend is supposed to be joining me with Lily but she hasnt phoned me yet.

Had to call into doctors to correct OH's script. The website had decided that it wanted us to collect his eyedrops from a chemist which is miles away. I kept correcting it online but in the end it decided that it was going to make us use the distant chemist. Got an email back confirming that. So thi s morning I had to go and speak to reception. I hope she has got it sorted then.

Right time to get ready for walk. Have a good day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Star, unfortunately we don't transfer utility accounts any more unless someone pays us! Presumably you will transfer them back into the name of the Landlord? Don't forget to get meter readings or you might get charged extra. I find it usually takes about three phone calls and two letters before you actually get anyone in the utility company to take any notice of the transfer! And try and read the meters in the new place as well so you know what you are starting on. Don't rely on the new agents to do the electricity for you - read the meter and phone the electricity company yourself as well.

Keep hassling the consultant and then you might get an earlier appointment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have just come back from a nice lunch with a friend and am faced with an overwhelming sense of dread and feeling tearful at the thought of having to come back to work in this horrible place :(

I do hope I get a reply soon of some sort from the job app so it will put me out of my misery and if necessary put plan B into action as soon as possible.

I am really hating this doom and gloom feeling coming back as I thought I'd turned a corner last week with the weather being nicer too.

Oh well at least I have my dancing to look forward to tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor cuddly. There's nothing worse than hating where you work. Is there an Agency you can register with?

Don't know if it's an omen of good luck or what but there are four magpies sitting in the tree in next door's garden. Makes a change from parakeets I suppose lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I write the window cleaner is cleaning my windows. Later a cleaning company is coming to quote for a final clean before I leave. Still got utilities to phone and things to pack if my removers ever get me boxes lol.

Cuddly big hugs and hope you feel better today.

FT well done on weight loss thats my next plan once the dust settles on my move. And once ive worked out where everything is going to fit in the new flat lol.

The sun is out so looks like it might be a nice day. Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up early today Star lol

Hope your move goes ok. Dont forget to read your meters

Still havent had any news from hospital, will phone if I dont get anything today. Need to speak to GP I guess but getting an appointment is as difficult as winning the lottery.

Not having someone with me means I didnt take all the info in ( well there wasnt much to take in, it was all over in a minute) I remember that I was told the lab couldnt decide about it and put it as a Stage 3. Now I dont know what that means, there is info about it on the internet but it is a lot more complicated than that, or so it seems.

Star have you got your MRI date yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope the packing is going okay Star. I hate moving. I don't think I've unpacked everything yet from my last move - 17 years ago!

Heard from friend this morning whose mother had a mini stroke a couple of weeks ago and she's just been rushed into hospital again with either very bad angina or a mild heart attack. They won't know until the ECG has been done. It's difficult for him and his brother as they are in London and she's in Cornwall so it's not that easy to drop everything and get to the hospital. They are waiting to hear what the consultant has to say before deciding whether to go down there now or not. Her sister-in-law is with her at the moment. They'll go down at the weekend, of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have got my surgery date. Had to phone for it and harrass the coordinator.
    She didnt even have me on the system when I phoned. Right 6th April, a month away.

I asked about getting copies of the letters sent to doctor and she said it would be quicker to get the details from my GP.

What a shambles they are.

Went up to GP surgery and talked ever so nicely to repceptionist and she said she would ask doctor and ring me back. She has just rung and said I can see doctor at 11am tomorrow. Maybe I will get some answers then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do despair of the NHS sometimes. My friend has been trying to ring the hospital to find out how his mother is and no-one is answering the phone. I know they're busy but even the main switchboard doesn't seem to be answering. He's on the point of dropping everything and getting in his car and driving down there.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just heard it was a bad angina attack not a heart attack so she's back home again and okay, thank goodness.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Packing is going well apart from a lack of boxes, fingers crossed I might get some tomorrow. Have moved removal to Saturday as I realised it would be too much to see to signing the lease and moving all in the one day. This way I can be more relaxed and go and see the new flat again before the move and make sure the fridge is on and stuff like that.

EJ that is so ridiculous what they are putting you through I hope the dr can answer your questions. Is OH going with you?
    No date for MRI yet my consultant's secretary is supposed to be phoning me with information (hmm do I detect flying pig lol) Meeting with Consultant is 8th April.

FT I dont mind packing so much as all the people you have to tell and things to be turned off her and put on at new flat etc, of course automated phone systems make it worse I hate silly muzak and silly messages about all their wonderful services when all I want is a human being to speak to!!
    Glad your friends relative is back home now.

Where is everyone its becoming a ghost town in here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the Saturday move Star

Keep on at the hospital for your appointment.

I am seeing Dr at 11.00 this morning, hopefully all questions will than be answered. Oh is not with me as he has to be at hospital at 10 to get his new digital hearing aid. I will be ok on my own hav had same doctor for nearly 20 years.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another clear day but I wont see much of it as have too much to do. When I move to the flat I wont have Internet access for a bit as am still trying to sort the phone line and it could be over a week before I get one. I'll prob get on on Saturday and then after that I may not be around for a bit. I'll try and get to the library and get on there. So I havent deserted I will be back eventually.

Talking of the missing does anyone know where CD is and if she is ok?

Ej hope your appointment is ok thinking of you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor had heard nothing from hospital. I told him what I knew and he agreed that if the biopsy was inconclusive then giving it a stage 3 was strange. He thought maybe they were covering their backs by saying it was a 3 so that the surgery could be pushed through. 3 is serious apparently. Well, I had gathered that from the Macmillan website.
    I have to phone doctor on Monday morning and ask for him to phone me back. He will check to see if he has anything from hospital and phone me back. If he hasnt had anything through he will phone hospital himself and ask.

He suggested I should write to them and point out that denying patients having someone with them was a poor decision.

The bruising from the biopsy is still a real mess. The consultant commented on it, it still hasnt gone away. Gp said that doing a biopsy with a faulty needle could mean that a blood vessel was damaged and it would bleed. When they do the surgery at least they can control any bleeding so it shouldnt be as bad.

He did say he has just had a letter from the PCT which says that they are not allowed to refer patients for a whole list of things without it having been approved by the PCT. Things like hip replacements, knee replacements, and a lot of other things they will have to jump through hoops to get permission to refer. This is the squeeze on the purse strings that the government has put in place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Personally I think the NHS is falling apart. I know TVA will disagree with me, but everyone's experience this year seems to be really bad. Friend's mum has been in and out of hospital about three times this week and they keep just sending her home without doing an angiogram although they all agree she needs one. That's when they aren't mixing her up with a patient with the same name. Maybe that patient has been given the angiogram.:rolleyes:

She is seeing her doctor this morning and asking for a referral to a private consultant as she seems to be getting nowhere with the NHS. And the nearest hospital is now over 40 miles away!:eek:

EJ I hope you manage to get some sense out the hospital. The whole thing sounds ridiculous.

Star good luck with your move - hope more boxes turned up.

Saggy had one very brief tweet from CD this week to say things were not good in her world, but hasn't heard anything else. I hope she's okay. Saggy has sent an email so maybe she'll hear back soon.

DWTS starts on Monday and it looks like quite a good line up. I'm looking forward to it.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off to sign my new lease soon. The sun is shining so thats a good omen I think. Alas no boxes as yet.

EJ sounds like they all need their heads knocking together very hard. It is mad what they are doing to you and what everyone has to suffer because of red tape and money saving. Seems its cheaper to let people suffer than do whats needed to prevent it.
    Im am going to leave thinking about the hospital until after this move is over and Ive recovered.

FT I Pm'ed CD hope she's ok.

Must go got to leave soon. Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately you have to keep pestering the NHS/Doctor and these days it's also a question of who you know as well. My late SIL was denied treatment by the PCT because she 'didn't fit the mould' of someone likely to have lung cancer and she didn't constantly keep on at her doctor. My new SIL, on the otherhand, has two daughters who are doctors, has managed to seek treatment promptly. Both her (she's a former nurse) and her daughters (and my sister who's a pharmacist in a NHS general hospital) have all said you have got to be firm, polite but persistent to get anywhere as communcation between departments is often quite appaling (sp?). If you don't ask you won't get and its all delaying tactics.

FT - I'll take those 4 magpies as a sign of good luck, despite the fact I'm absolutely petrified of birds.

Had a letter acknowledging my application for that job I've applied for and was told if I don't hear by the 17th, I am to assume that I was unsuccessful which is fine. I've also had some responses from some old business acquaintences who I'd emailed my CV to and they've all got back to me with some positive news which is re-assuring.

In the mean time I'm planning my exit strategy and I've decided if I do have a leaving do, it'll be at a salsa club :D.

Had another 1-2-1 session salsa on Wednesday night, Nicole walked into my session just as my instructor said, 'now lets try that to music'. Nicole looked at me and we both laughed as we remembered at how flustered I got the night before when I tried to do the QS to music.

Star - I hope everything goes well with signing the lease and the move.

I hope CD is ok.

FT - Do you know if DTWS is going to be shown on Watch?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes it is. Starts on Friday 26th. It starts in the USA on Monday 22nd.:)

There's still a lot of magpies around, but yesterday I had five parakeets in the same tree!

Forgot to ask, did you get a 12" cake tin okay?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As if I didnt have enough problems have got flu now.