Options

"Doctor" Gillian McKeith on I'm A Celeb

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That's me out then. Won't watch it.

Can't bear that out and out charlatan. Not a single scientific qualifation and bought her PHD on the internet so she could pretend to be a doctor and a nutritionist. Makes it all up as she goes along and made a fortune.

She is a disgrace and Channel 4 chould have binned her as soon as they found out she was conning people.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no! I can't stand her either. The only thing I can hope for is that she is utterly tormented, and quickly thrown out! Awful sanctimonious, disreputable, charlatan.
    She has absolutely no business telling anyone anything! She is about as qualified as the stuff that comes from the backsides of her unwitting victims! :mad:
    I hope her stay in the jungle is short!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, I thought that woman had been deservedly consigned to oblivion after being exposed for the desperate con artist that she is. :sleep:
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. with you all . Unless someone's got in before me to say they love her and all she stands for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet she'll enjoy hopping over all those logs though...
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    its her voice that gets to me...
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see her assess the nutritional value of Croc Cock in one of those awful Bushtucker Trials.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon are still selling her books using the title doctor! It's outrageous

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0718148916/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillian-McKeiths-Ultimate-Health-Plan/dp/0718148916/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289324724&sr=1-7

I suggest anyone who has ever bought one of her books, believing her to be a doctor, should send it back to the publishers and ask for a refund! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In case anyone didn't see it here's Ben Goldacre's article where his dead cat, Henrietta, became a member of the American Association of Nutritional Consultants (Another of McKeith's "prestigious" qualifications)

All Henrietta had to do was send off $60. A very impressive thing to do from beyond the grave...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2004/sep/30/badscience.research

"But back to the money: if anybody wants nutritional advice from the decomposing corpse of my ex-cat, I shall be setting up a small shrine at the bottom of the garden"
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Ugh, I thought that woman had been deservedly consigned to oblivion after being exposed for the desperate con artist that she is. :sleep:

Surely that's why she's doing 'Celeb'?

It's why they're all doing it! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    Surely that's why she's doing 'Celeb'?

It's why they're all doing it! :rolleyes:

Yes, don't really get the fuss here over her. So she's a bogus doctor? IAC will be full of bogus celebs. And isn't the whole point of IAC to bung together the desperate and the needy, take the piss out of them and laugh at them when they say they don't have gameplans or tell us, with tears in their eyes, how they're 'being themselves' ? Surely she's prime material for it?

And if there's a few other stroppy cow z-listers looking for a career-lift and camera time, it'll be a lively series. I reckon she'll be good value.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are what you eat, croc bum anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's_me wrote: »
    You are what you eat, croc bum anyone?

If you are what you eat then she ate a wizened old crone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzzle wrote: »
    If you are what you eat then she ate a wizened old crone.

Why so bitter, my response to anyone like her is "I've had sh*ts bigger than you"
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will be analysing their poo to her heart's content....

Thats her on permanent dunny duty then !!!

She is a bony stick insect at the best of times... what will happen to her with the inevitable jungle weight loss............ she will look like wig wearing biro !
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »

Thats her on permanent dunny duty then !!!

She is a bony stick insect at the best of times... what will happen to her with the inevitable jungle weight loss............ she will look like wig wearing biro !

:D:D:D
  • Options
    halfbiscuithalfbiscuit Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Finally, a real celebrity. The programme will gain much needed credibility. I need help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

See, I really can't get why someone would want to be known for examining poop! I think she has to be actually insane on some level.

Absolutely bizarre person! She does make me laugh, though, even if for the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lets all vote for her to eat the kangaroos todger:D
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzzle wrote: »
    In case anyone didn't see it here's Ben Goldacre's article where his dead cat, Henrietta, became a member of the American Association of Nutritional Consultants (Another of McKeith's "prestigious" qualifications)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2004/sep/30/badscience.research
    I love Goldacre's "Bad Science" book - in it he has a long chapter about McKeith which describes her as "Gillian McKeith, or to give her her full medical title... Gillian McKeith." :)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's wise for her to take part in this show anyway; she already looks as thin as a rake and the limited diet of rice and beans will surely play havoc with her digestive system......which should make for 'interesting' conversation.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't have watched it anyway, but she is enough to put anyone off.

Dr Poop appearing on a poop show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Goldacre's "Bad Science" book - in it he has a long chapter about McKeith which describes her as "Gillian McKeith, or to give her her full medical title... Gillian McKeith." :)

:D:D:D I love Ben Goldacre. Very bright and doesn't suffer fools! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's wise for her to take part in this show anyway; she already looks as thin as a rake and the limited diet of rice and beans will surely play havoc with her digestive system......which should make for 'interesting' conversation.

I am usually very against picking on people's personal appearance but really...In the blurb for one of her diet books it said "feel great, look fabulous" !!!

LOOK FABULOUS??? What, like you Gillian?
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

HA! Love it! :D
  • Options
    tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lunasea wrote: »
    Oh no! I can't stand her either. The only thing I can hope for is that she is utterly tormented, and quickly thrown out! Awful sanctimonious, disreputable, charlatan.
    She has absolutely no business telling anyone anything! She is about as qualified as the stuff that comes from the backsides of her unwitting victims! :mad:
    I hope her stay in the jungle is short!

Do the celebrities get paid the same regardless of which point they exit the jungle ?

If so, you want to be wishing she stays in longer and suffers, not get out early and enjoy the comfort of the hotel.