Eddie Redmayne > Aaron Tveit :p:D

Does this fact really need stating?

Eddie is oodles more cute than Aaron.

:D
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    WARNING: Opening this will make your blood boil!

These talentless nobodies get everywhere...:sleep::yawn::rolleyes:

[System Message]
    [The DS bad language filter has exploded and is unable to post message]
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot wait to receive the 'Stage to Screen' book.

You all will love it as much as I already do. Okay that's a bit much considering I've not actually got it yet but yes :o
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this fact really need stating?

Eddie is oodles more cute than Aaron.

:D

Huh, how dare you both?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are wrong. It's more like Eddie Redmayne >>>>>>> Aaron Tveit. Eddie owns my heart and other bits. :D:o

Head's up! Les Mis cast are confirmed to perform at this Sunday's Oscars. Hugh, Russell, Anne, Eddie, Samantha, Amanda, Aaron and Helena. No mention about Sacha though.

They will probably sing "Do you hear the people sing?". I prefer a medley of their solos. Or One Day More but that will leave out Anne.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diorelli wrote: »
    You are wrong. It's more like Eddie Redmayne >>>>>>> Aaron Tveit. Eddie owns my heart and other bits. :D:o

Head's up! Les Mis cast are confirmed to perform at this Sunday's Oscars. Hugh, Russell, Anne, Eddie, Samantha, Amanda, Aaron and Helena. No mention about Sacha though.

They will probably sing "Do you hear the people sing?". I prefer a medley of their solos. Or One Day More but that will leave out Anne.

Killian Donnelly (Combeferre) is also in LA, so it looks like some of the featured ensemble will be involved too - could well be Do You Hear the People Sing + something else. There'll have to be at least a bit of Anne singing I Dreamed a Dream.

Also Les Mis is going back to Broadway next year: http://www.lesmis.com/uk/2013/02/breaking-news-the-musical-phenomenon-comes-home/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on the performance length. Do we know? I guess 7 minutes is the estimated time.
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Huh, how dare you both?!

I agree with you shelley!

Aaron >>>>>>>>>>> Eddie :D (Though come on, both are absolute gods!)

Can't wait to see the Oscars performance!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,917
    Forum Member
    Thoroughly enjoyed it for a third time. I don't think that I have ever seen a film more than twice in the cinema. I cried at the end AGAIN! The lady next to me saw the tears fall so I couldn't really hide it :o
    Forum Member
    Oscars performance?! How did I not know about this. Erghh!

Can't wait!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diorelli wrote: »

I'd heard rumours, but that's awesome! I was wondering how many of them would do it. Yay for Aaron, obviously! :D
    Snowyface wrote: »
    I agree with you shelley!

Aaron >>>>>>>>>>> Eddie :D (Though come on, both are absolute gods!)

Yes, that's more like it! :p
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,572
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »

Depends whats in it. They could just add in what they missed out from what was in the film - or they could put in the uncut versions of the songs they hacked to death in editing. For example - Turning gets one verse in the film and the rest is cut. You have the ridiculous situation that you have some of the best people in the country holding down some of the biggest roles - including the current Glinda from Wicked and Christine from the Phantom tour - there singing one line. In the bit thats cut they also had a Matilda, from Matilda, singing too. They could make it the soundtrack of the musical triumph it could have been - but I suspect they will just fill in the bits from the film they missed out in the first CD.
    Forum Member
    I was thinking that it would probably be "Do You Hear The People Sing" too. It's one of my favourites from Les Miserables.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! Oscar Night! The yearly game of chase the streams around the internet before they close one down and we all jump ship to the new one. :D
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    does anyone know when the dvd will be coming out in the UK?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! Oscar Night! The yearly game of chase the streams around the internet before they close one down and we all jump ship to the new one. :D
    Or you could subscribe to Sky Movies for a month. :p
    I have the whole lot, but that's the joy of not having a mortgage these days, plus no holidays. All my income goes on media things. :o

I'd never heard of Aaron Tveit before, but I've checked out a few of his things on You Tube. Although I prefer his hair in the film, he's one very talented guy.

Book due to arrive tomorrow. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really excited for the book :D
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well we can help each other out :D

Will be the first year I actually bother staying up and watching it live - a tribute to musicals is too good to resist :o:D

Bluray wrote: »

You do know that's not the musical version, right?
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally got around to seeing this last week (I ummed and ahhed for about 20 minutes before deciding to go and absolutely LOVED it.

Cried at several points but left with a warmness, particularly loved Sacha and Helena whose comic touches lifted from the quite heavy aspects but thought everyone else was brilliant. Eddie Redmayne scarily reminded me of Fernando Torres too much though!

Have been singing "Do you hear the people sing?" non stop since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    I've seen the Liam Neeson film and watched the Gerard Depardieu mini series ( it's pretty good, worth buying 2nd hand on amazon) but "No" that's not even one I recognise.
    You wont be converting anyone to BluRay by reviews of stuff like that. It may be a masterpiece, but it sure doesn't look like it. :D

Rumours were the DVD is being released just before Easter, around March 26th or something. I've got it on email alert at the ever ready amazon where my wish list is growing rapidly.

I just need more hours in the day. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have been singing "Do you hear the people sing?" non stop since.

I do a whole medley of songs from Les Mis in the kitchen whilst cooking and in the shower.

Painful doesn't begin to describe it! Particularly when I can't remember a lyric and make something up to fit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Blimey, the book's just arrived. It's not at all what I expected.
    Unless your a Les Miz freak like me, I'd save your money. It's huge and while I haven't read it at all ( :( the script is really small and I need stronger specs) it's a real Collectors Edition. Lots of piccies and gimmicks like envelopes built in containing the different cast and bits from the Original show in Paris ( written all in French, naturally :) ) tp Broadway`and various vignettes about aspects of the movie. It's going to annoy the hell out of me opening all these envelopes up and then losing the sheets inside.
    Definitely not one for a good read, more a "Look at what I've got" and hopefully you'll have a coffee table posh enough to display the damn thing.

:) I shall still enjoy all the titbits from behind the scenes, but would have much preferred a normal book. You could run a complete exercise programme using this as weights!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :eek: Blimey, the book's just arrived. It's not at all what I expected.
    Unless your a Les Miz freak like me, I'd save your money. It's huge and while I haven't read it at all ( :( the script is really small and I need stronger specs) it's a real Collectors Edition. Lots of piccies and gimmicks like envelopes built in containing the different cast and bits from the Original show in Paris ( written all in French, naturally :) ) tp Broadway`and various vignettes about aspects of the movie. It's going to annoy the hell out of me opening all these envelopes up and then losing the sheets inside.
    Definitely not one for a good read, more a "Look at what I've got" and hopefully you'll have a coffee table posh enough to display the damn thing.

:) I shall still enjoy all the titbits from behind the scenes, but would have much preferred a normal book. You could run a complete exercise programme using this as weights!

Are you talking about the 'Stage to screen' book? Is it huge!?

It arrived this morning at 7.30 and I was in bed! So I've got to go and get it next week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the 'Stage to screen' book? Is it huge!?

It arrived this morning at 7.30 and I was in bed! So I've got to go and get it next week!
    :eek: I am. Mine arrived in a box the size of a computer carrier, and it's heavy, not with contents, more gimmicks. I'm going to give it a whirl tonight but it's not a book to read in bed or anything.
    I hope the DVD is better. That's due to arrive at the end of next week.