Is Topgear Coming to an End?

13»

Comments

• conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macavity77 wrote: »
    I quite enjoy the odd episode of Top Gear. It is fun, interesting and I don't even mind the presenters. James May particularly has produced some other good programs.

I think the issue here may be that Top Gear never actually DOES come to an end. It is suffering from over exposure and I am sure it would be perfectly possible to have 24 hour a day Top Gear on various channels if you were so minded.:o

I do speak however, as a lone female in a household of men...

You have my deepest sympathy
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never understood the fascination with cars that can drive at miles past the legal limit, they really are big little boys
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I've never understood the fascination with cars that can drive at miles past the legal limit, they really are big little boys

I can understand that but it's mainly about power at the lower end, I don't expect many super car owners make it to the track or autobahn.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Clarkson's Twitter:

''Holy Moly. Just seen the audience numbers for last night's show. Peaked at 6.5m. Not bad for a BBC2 show, on its 21st series.''

''More news. This has been our highest rated series for many years. Going well abroad too. Looks like there's life in the old dog yet.''

''With repeats and iPlayer viewings, we've done over 10m a week in the UK alone. Still the most watched factual show....in the world.''

So, addressing the original question and thread title: No.

And this:

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a554720/top-gear-will-return-for-more-series-says-exec-andy-wilman.html

It's doing well long may the show continue.