Options

ANTM Cycle 18: British Invasion Premieres Tonight in America

Comments

• Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the episode was better.

I kind of liked the girl who got sent home, don't think she was the worst photo at all. Simone was weaker, and at least being native American she had a different look so some of the others.

The UK girls I like: Sophie, Catherine, Ashley (kind of)

The US girls: Laura

I don't like the sour faced Brit girl. Forgotten her name already. The one who didn't want to have short hair. Nor Azmarie and her contrived look.
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise.

I don't see where all the Azmarie hype came from either... :o She has a look but she hasn't really shown the 'model' yet.
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still liked first episode, but loved this episode aswell. Pretty much agree with the call out, but would've had Candice lower. But yeah overall the right person went home from that shot imo, although I do love her.

I am loving Kelly Cultrone(??) more each episode. And her in the task next episode looks great. And Sophie and Ashley talking about all the girls during the make-overs, literaly was hilarious. Lolol
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    The new judge is excellent, and I'm really warming to most of the Brit girls, especially as I didn't like the majority of them (Catherine, Ashley, Alisha, Annelise) in their original cycles. Louise is still as awful as ever.

But to be honest, either Tyra's crazy us vs them philosophy is working, or the US girls (excluding Laura) are terrible - I just dont think any of them nailed thier shots. Candace getting through without even being in the bottom 2, while Mariah got sent home was pretty laughable.

But the silver lining is Kelly Cultrone is AWESOME. She's like a more extreme version of Charlotte from Australia's Next Top Model with the actual credentials to back it up.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay I'm gonna post this in spoiler tags incase nobody wants to know. It's a clip from next week. I was like :eek: It's to do with something at panel, so don't look if you don't want spoiled
    It all blows off at panel and gets pretty dramatic. Louise and Kelly have a bit of a bust-up and Louise quits. I'm not 100% is she does actually quit but she starts swearing and walks out. Louise and Kelly apparently have a bust-up during the photoshoot and it obviously rears its head at panel. I'm gonna miss Louise. Fiesty as hell. And the weird thing is, if she doesn't quit, her days were numbered imo and she'd have went home anyway.

*edit* okay, I just checked and Louise did actually quit. There has been exchanges between her and Alisha, and Alisha said "Don't Watch Nothing LouLou We Got YOUR BACK! xox LOVE YOUR ****ING EXIT! Now Thats A BANG!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEA0vP9C-YY&feature=player_embedded
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Okay I'm gonna post this in spoiler tags incase nobody wants to know. It's a clip from next week. I was like :eek: It's to do with something at panel, so don't look if you don't want spoiled
    It all blows off at panel and gets pretty dramatic. Louise and Kelly have a bit of a bust-up and Louise quits. I'm not 100% is she does actually quit but she starts swearing and walks out. Louise and Kelly apparently have a bust-up during the photoshoot and it obviously rears its head at panel. I'm gonna miss Louise. Fiesty as hell. And the weird thing is, if she doesn't quit, her days were numbered imo and she'd have went home anyway.

*edit* okay, I just checked and Louise did actually quit. There has been exchanges between her and Alisha, and Alisha said "Don't Watch Nothing LouLou We Got YOUR BACK! xox LOVE YOUR ****ING EXIT! Now Thats A BANG!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEA0vP9C-YY&feature=player_embedded
    Yeah theres the actual preview which shows Kelly at the shoot with Louise...

Ironic that Kelly doesn't seem to find the way Tyra just spoke to Louise 'condescending'. As much as it is about 'rank' that was so not the way to explain it.

Her finger sucking thing annoys me greatly. Maybe it's just her way of controlling anxiousness or something, but it comes across very rude especially when someone is talking to you.

Louise would've been out anyways even if she did 'return" to finish panel. Dream footage would be her returning then the judges wanting an apology then her telling them to feeeff off, do a dramatic runway off without Alisha stopping her.

At least next week will be good! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah theres the actual preview which shows Kelly at the shoot with Louise...

Ironic that Kelly doesn't seem to find the way Tyra just spoke to Louise 'condescending'. As much as it is about 'rank' that was so not the way to explain it.

Her finger sucking thing annoys me greatly. Maybe it's just her way of controlling anxiousness or something, but it comes across very rude especially when someone is talking to you.

Louise would've been out anyways even if she did 'return" to finish panel. Dream footage would be her returning then the judges wanting an apology then her telling them to feeeff off, do a dramatic runway off without Alisha stopping her.

At least next week will be good! :D
    Thank god some excitement is rearing its head. Though it was inevitable that Louise was gonna explode. The funny thing is, I don't blame her for what she done. I guess I'd have done the same, and I'd have threw all the swear words in as well haha. If someone doesn't show me respect then i'll not have enough respect for them. Which isn't a good thing. Louise has obviously been pushed to her limits. I guess if she had said 'ok' then it wouldn't have happened. But then again Tyra being Tyra would have pressured her so much she'd have exploded.

I agree with what you say. Tyra is extremely condescending. It's like when she's giving critique she always mentions herself and brings herself into it. I have to laugh that the american girls are standing there as if nothing is happening. The only one who shows a reaction is Laura who is like 'omg!' and also Ashley looks like she's unaware anything has happened:p

Also, I see Ashley is wearing the yellow jeans which means it must be the episode were she falls down the steps when they enter haha:D

Much love to you Louise. Kelly's gonna have a surprise waiting for her in the carpark that night ;)
  • Options
    Aatif1992Aatif1992 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Oh my gosh! Episode 3 is so dramatic! But good on her for standing up against the judges!
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    A much more improved episode.

Still waiting for a Brit girl to get best picture, but oh well, I like Laura the best out of the US girls so if she gets top photo then so be it.

Even though Louise is barely recognisable from her BNTM cycle, I see that stroppy attitude is still there. :D However I found myself agreeing with her this time. I think if I was already working as a model and signed by an agency I'd act the same.

Although, who on earth is Kyle? I can not remember anything about her. When I saw her at the start of this episode I was like :confused: "who's that?"

When Tyra says at panel that the winner will get to release a single, I still laugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A much more improved episode.

Still waiting for a Brit girl to get best picture, but oh well, I like Laura the best out of the US girls so if she gets top photo then so be it.

Even though Louise is barely recognisable from her BNTM cycle, I see that stroppy attitude is still there. :D However I found myself agreeing with her this time. I think if I was already working as a model and signed by an agency I'd act the same.

Although, who on earth is Kyle? I can not remember anything about her. When I saw her at the start of this episode I was like :confused: "who's that?"

When Tyra says at panel that the winner will get to release a single, I still laugh.

Yep, I'm the exact same. Funny enough, maybe because I am British so I have more awareness of them, but I find the British girls more appealing than the americans. But I've even read from americans, they prefer the brits. In my mind I think of the Brits and AzMarie, Laura and Seymone

Kyle reminds me of Jessica from ANTM 14. But she isn't thay modelesque and she's so boring. Also, and I don't mean this with any racial intent, but I sometimes can't remember which one is which between Eboni and Candace. The only reason i've now realised is that Candace is quite mean and pouty. Though in saying that both of their days are numbered. Imo, Candace, Eboni, Kyle and Ashley are all probably going to be the next ones out.

Out of the americans, the only one I really like is Laura. She's the most high fashion out of everyone (I prefer her over AzMarie) and from the video I posted, it seems that Laura was the only one who had a reaction to what happened in it. I like her. I think she's probably a nice girl, and that despite Tyrant segregating the girls, many of them would prefer to be a group rather than split sides
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right. That's me finally done with this show. This has to be the worst concept ever. Talk about stereotyping - eating British and American foods that probably neither country would ever taste, plus modelling Jackie O, Princess Di and Michelle Obama on a trampoline. :rolleyes: Like Really?

Mocking the accents and Tyra's lame attempts to condescend even more, gawd that woman gets worse and worse. Isn't Top Model bitchy enough without bringing them and us into play?

Are the British girls that thick or are they just edited to look that way? Whatever, I've watched the first two episodes, I cant waste time or energy watching anymore. I'll stick to Australia and Canada.

Shame, because I really like Kelly Cutrone. she had her own series on Bravo and she's one straight talking, no nonsense person. After the revolting Andre Leon Talley she's the best new judge since Twigs.

Over and out. Tyra, you've milked the golden cow long enough. It's getting farcical and stale while your ego will explode soon. BAH! :mad:
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt like the second episode was a slight improvement, though still hating the theme. I think it's very telling that the only times it really seems to rear its head is in the challenges or in the diary room, where they're almost certainly coached in what to say anyway.

The food eating challenge was ridicoulous - like seriously, what was the point in that? I half expected a Tyra lecture about eating right, but it was just standalone pointlessness! The photoshoot was a gimmicky mess too, though one or two of the girls managed to salvage some good out of it. I don't mind one or two gimmicky shoots per cycle but I hope they revert to more serious concepts soon!

I was kind of sad to see Mariah go home, though she hadn't been performing that well. She kind of seemed like she was cast as filler anyway, so I knew she was going to be an early boot. I actually find myself rooting for the British girls a lot more, even though collectively I hated most of them on their original cycles. My favourites at the moment are Laura (by far the best American), Catherine (did't see her original cycle) and most surprisingly Sophie, who I really disliked back in BNTM! I'm glad that the show are portraying her to be more of a fun bitch ala Monique instead of being a mean spirited bitch ala Jade.

Still a total mess, but an improvement.. Somewhat!
  • Options
    Ashfield22121Ashfield22121 Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Louise certainly didn't go quietly into the night.

I don't think anyone has ever stormed out like that before. I know Brittani walked out in Cycle 16 during panel but she came back.

LOL at Louise saying she would "Knock out" Kelly if she saw her in the street. Great impression to give the Americans. :D

BTW, I thought it was funny that only Laura of the Americans seemed to care when Louise stormed off. The rest were just like :confused:

And Cat Deeley looked very nice as well. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Louise certainly didn't go quietly into the night.

I don't think anyone has ever stormed out like that before. I know Brittani walked out in Cycle 16 during panel but she came back.

LOL at Louise saying she would "Knock out" Kelly if she saw her in the street. Great impression to give the Americans. :D

BTW, I thought it was funny that only Laura of the Americans seemed to care when Louise stormed off. The rest were just like :confused:

And Cat Deeley looked very nice as well. ;)

Yep I agree with what you said about Laura. I felt like she was the only person that look kind of sorry for Louise and that she felt bad that she was having a slight breakdown.

This episode frustrated me, I can't mention the Superpower thing because it cringed the hell out of me. Tyra plugging modelland again, and reminding us how she was a 'Supermodel' and also graduated from Harvard...:rolleyes: Also I like Cat Deeley.. but she's not exactly an international model. But then again Kelly Cutroll is a maven ;)

I know Louise might come off bad for this episode but I take her side. The photoshoot had a time limit, she was pretty much taking the role as a leader considering Analeise wasn't doing it well. Then when she was getting her makeup done I understand that time had pretty much ran out so she was trying to get sorted asap without losing contact with Kelly I found Kelly to be condescending and rude towards Louise. Tyra was talking BS with the whole 'You're a model, this is a publicist... there is a rank' Since when was publicist shot up the ranks on a heirarcy. The only reason Kelly is above Louise on the rank is because she's sitting behind a desk. The whole thing got very hypocritical. Kelly calling Louise condescending when it was pretty much the other way around. Then they try to cover up the drama with the "I was just about to praise her photo" The whole thing was editted very well imo, to make it look like a big scene over nothing. I know Louise has an attitude but I don't think she made something out of nothing, she's obviously intelligent.

Then when it came to the deliberation. Funny how Tyra isn't biased towards the Americans, yet when she finished talking about the Brits, she was like "Now the yankee girls" *throws out arms* as if to say 'here we go, check these out instead'. I know I obviously don't know much about photography and modelling, but they praised Kyle and Seymone... they had the shittest photo's. Seymone was all slumped over, didn't use her body and it all made her look smaller and bigger than she is. Also Kyles photo was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, she was stiff, looked as if she was stuck in the air. Also her hair and long face looked odd as hell!

The bottom 4 thing, I'd have put all 4 american girls Eboni, Seymone, Candace and Kyle ;) but ofcourse Tyra can't be seen doing that. Kyle looks like Cycle 14 Jessica, but weaker!
  • Options
    Ashfield22121Ashfield22121 Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a British girl to get best photo, though I wouldn't be surprised if Tyra drags it out as long as possible

While AzMarie's photo was good, it certaintly wasn't the best.

Sophie's was very dynamic and I loved Catherine's.

In fact, if I had to go for a top 4 at the moment. I would say Sophie, Catherine, Laura and AzMarie.

The rest are sort of meh. I can't even tell the difference between Eboni and Candace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a British girl to get best photo, though I wouldn't be surprised if Tyra drags it out as long as possible

While AzMarie's photo was good, it certaintly wasn't the best.

Sophie's was very dynamic and I loved Catherine's.

In fact, if I had to go for a top 4 at the moment. I would say Sophie, Catherine, Laura and AzMarie.

The rest are sort of meh. I can't even tell the difference between Eboni and Candace.

Yep, I'd have gave best photo to Sophie, but part of me thinks she will get it next week. But non-biased Tyra will push the Americans either way she can. My call out would have been

1)Sophie
    2)Laura
    3)AzMaria
    4)Catherine
    5)Ashley
    6)Analeise
    7)Alisha
    8)Candace
    9)Seymone
    10)Eboni

Funny thing is, if Louise didn't quit, I'd have gave her best photo. We know an American will win. It's ANTM after all.

The show really has become a parody of itself. Tyra with her cringey superhero crap. Kelly Cutrone - Enough said. I think she's trying to be like Janice Dickinson with being so cut-throat but it's not working for her. It's Cycle 18, and we can all safely say the show should have ended around Cycle 14. I know people will think if you don't like it, don't watch it. I'm not saying I don't like it. It's just become something of the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, have any of you seen Kelly's video she uploaded re Louise? Its very hilarious... :ohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8odOITQn0c&feature=player_embedded

I take Louise's side from what we saw. I'm sure 'scolding' a girl off for running around trying to get her photoshoot happen in a time limit brings more 'bad energy' than running around set. Its not like she was getting in the way or knocking stuff over...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, have any of you seen Kelly's video she uploaded re Louise? Its very hilarious... :ohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8odOITQn0c&feature=player_embedded

I take Louise's side from what we saw. I'm sure 'scolding' a girl off for running around trying to get her photoshoot happen in a time limit brings more 'bad energy' than running around set. Its not like she was getting in the way or knocking stuff over...

I was just watching this before I checked the thread and I was embarrassed for her. Seeing it again, I'm still embarrassed for her. LOL Kelly Cutrone is 46 and acting like that. Jesus grow up. Her and her cronies 'If you mess with Kelly Cutrone you're messing with us' To be honest, I could see louise taking them all out one by one. Kelly may keep her coat on because she'll not be back next cycle. She can slither back under her rock.

I know Louise won't exactly get many jobs out of this, but I hope someone out there will be pick her up for this and she can give a big up yours to the judges :D
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear. I'm not sure I quite feel bad for Louise, but I think she sort of had a point. That video of Kelly is just embarrassing.

I think the American girls have been overrated quite a lot too. Still think the only decent one is Laura and Azmarie (to an extent). But overall the UK girls are much stronger. I still think a UK girl will win in the end though - otherwise this season feels like a bit of a waste?
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Well that was dramatic. :o Poor Louise.
    It's interesting that for most of the British girls, I didn't really like them in their original cycles. Yet, while they seem to be demonstrating the same sort of qualities, I find myself liking them much more. I was with Louise all the way (although I did wonder that if her life is so great back home, why would you put yourself through Tyrant's show? :confused: )
    I also find Sophie very funny and a great model, something I couldn't appreciate before.

The superhero powers was just like school girls messing around at a sleepover or something. The photoshoot concept was good though, I felt like I was watching The Apprentice.

I'm hoping that Tyra is simply planning a major fightback by the Brits, I mean the longer this US domination of top photo continues the more I think a Brit might even win (I'm not there yet though). Worst case scenario is if the Brits remain the supporting cast the whole time, but surely Tyra isn't that far up her own arse yet? :eek:
    She can't bear to have the Brits outshine the US girls yet, but I hope it's all leading somewhere.

Ironically my favourite girl is probaby Laura, but the rest of the US girls merge into a fairly uninspiring bunch.
    I also can't tell the difference between Eboni and Candace lol although thanks to this week I know that Candace is the one who usually looks p*ssed off and fed up. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was dramatic. :o Poor Louise.
    It's interesting that for most of the British girls, I didn't really like them in their original cycles. Yet, while they seem to be demonstrating the same sort of qualities, I find myself liking them much more. I was with Louise all the way (although I did wonder that if her life is so great back home, why would you put yourself through Tyrant's show? :confused: )
    I also find Sophie very funny and a great model, something I couldn't appreciate before.

The superhero powers was just like school girls messing around at a sleepover or something. The photoshoot concept was good though, I felt like I was watching The Apprentice.

I'm hoping that Tyra is simply planning a major fightback by the Brits, I mean the longer this US domination of top photo continues the more I think a Brit might even win (I'm not there yet though). Worst case scenario is if the Brits remain the supporting cast the whole time, but surely Tyra isn't that far up her own arse yet? :eek:
    She can't bear to have the Brits outshine the US girls yet, but I hope it's all leading somewhere.

Ironically my favourite girl is probaby Laura, but the rest of the US girls merge into a fairly uninspiring bunch.
    I also can't tell the difference between Eboni and Candace lol although thanks to this week I know that Candace is the one who usually looks p*ssed off and fed up. :D

I'm not sure if Louise has much of a career in UK, maybe she's bigging herself up, but I hope she can get a career out of her time on Top Model.

Also I agree with the top photo thing. I Definitely think if Louise hadn't quit she deserved top photo, and when that fell through Sophie deserved it. I've saw the photo's for episode 4 and I do 100% think this time a Brit has got first call out. My call out is always very different to the judges. Like Kyles and Symones pics were terrible.. but they preaised them!

I've also finally found the difference between Eboni and Candace. It's true, Candace always looks pissed off, and Eboni always looks like she has no idea what's going on. The only reason I couldn't tell before is because they're both as boring as eachother haha.

For anyone who wants to see the Episode 4 photo's- check the spoiler thread i'll put them in it to save having my head chewed off :p
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought this episode showed a marked improvement. The superhero thing was stupid, cringe inducing, and virtually everything that has become wrong with ANTM over the last few years, but other than that, I enjoyed it quite a lot.

I absolutely loved the photoshoot this week - like Meglosmurmurs says, it was almost like watching an episode of the Apprentice. I'd go as far as saying it was one of my favourite tasks ever and further proof that Top Model works best when it moves away from the gimmicks and tries to do something more serious and challenging. Some of the girls didn't pick great pictures for themselves, but I also loved how they were allowed to pick their own picture that they wanted to submit to the panel - I find it impossible to trust the panel these days, when in virtually every panel there seems to be at least one girl who is deliberately given a bad picture so their elimination is justified.

In terms of the big Kelly/Louise blow-up, I'm 100% Team Louise. I think it's almost certain that there was a lot more to the argument in panel than we saw - Tyra's ego is far to big to ever portray the full side of the story. I do think Louise had a bit of an attitude, but she really did nothing wrong on the shoot, and was quite right to not roll over and take it lying down. In a strange way, I saw a lot of myself in Louise's behaviour tonight. She's far tougher and to the point than I am, but I actually thought that had I been in the position she was, I'd have ended up storming off in tears too. :p In terms of drama, I thought it was the most exciting thing to happen in Top Model in years - it made the whole Alexandria vs. Brittani meltdown seem like nothing!

I've finally settled on a few favourite girls, though I don't hold out much hope for most of my favourites. As a group, I'm completely behind the British group, and not just because I'm from Wales! Barring two (and a half) exceptions, the American's really are a bland lacklustre group.

* Eboni doesn't look particularly modelesque and her makeover has just made her look even worse. She has far to much hair and doesn't know how to style it at all.

* Seymone is just not a model. Period. Its not even her body, it's just her face is so boring and plain, plus her attitude stinks. I think she's my least favourite girl.

* I also had a lot of bad things to say about Kyle, but right at the end of the episode, I caught a glimpse of her face with her hair tied back, and I think she actually has a decent face, but that makeover just hides it all. :(

* Candice is actually one of my favourite girls to look at, but she takes dreadful pictures and seems rather grumpy all the time. I wish she was doing so much better, because I love her face, especially the way her cheeks are so round.

* AzMarie has become rather blah for me. Once I got over the initial surprise of having a girl like her on Top Model, she kind of bores me now. I'd like her to stay a while, but I'm not crazy about her.

The only saving beacon of the American girls is Laura, who is one of my favourite girls in years. I thought the red and blue clip-ons were awful at first, but they really look great on her, and she takes excellent photos. I hope and pray she's the top American girl, and I actually would be happy with her as a winner.

I like most of the British girls, but Sophie and Catherine are the clear standouts.
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just looking at the episode. And when Annaliese was looking at Candice's photo shoot, she reminded me so much of Keenyah from Cycle 4!!!! Random thought :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Very disappointed in the Brit girls during this photoshoot/challenge thing. Annaliese was completely out of her depth as the leader.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Wow, what a vicious, bitter, jealous, nasty, ugly, mean old hag that Kelly C*ntrone is...

What is the point of her? Really? I mean on a human level, she just is a waste of organs.

Well done Louise for sticking up for yourself and Tyra banks needs to stop with her pseudo-psychological, business-babble-bullshit! It had nothing to do with "rank" - Kelly C*ntrone was rude and disrespectful.

Respect for people transcends rank and you talk to people the way you would wish to be talked to yourself! Manners cost nothing, but obviously that old ho is just morally bankrupt...