O2 is broken... again

Comments

• mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many of those affected will re-consider their options when contract is up for renewal. This is the second time it's happened in about three months. Joke.

Yes, all networks have problems, but why are O2 SO much worse than the rest?
  • chinchillachinchilla Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS. Phone came back on for about 3 minutes, just enough time to find out i'd missed an extremely important call from my doctor! Having to call forward to boyfriends Orange phone just so they may be able to get through - absolute joke of a service O2.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Mine is down (Tesco) and was down last time too :mad:

Even the O2 status page is down FFS http://status.o2.co.uk/

OFCOM should start threatening them with disconnection. This is completely unacceptable and they aren't being a responsible telecoms company.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is down (Tesco) and was down last time too :mad:

Even the O2 status page is down FFS http://status.o2.co.uk/

OFCOM should start threatening them with disconnection. This is completely unacceptable and they aren't being a responsible telecoms company.

Here is what it says:

Oct 12, 2012
    09:20 am

Making calls and using data
    Further to the fault we reported earlier (where some customers in some areas have been unable to make or receive calls, texts or use data), we believe we have now identified the cause of the fault and are taking corrective action to restore service to those customers affected. Again we are sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Ongoing

• andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's totally gone now, stupid O2 was a customer for years and they are shocking now
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've defended o2 in the past but this is just a disgrace. This is the third major outage in less than a year.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure a certain poster will be along in a minute to defend them or talk about 900Mhz!
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    So it's not just me,

This is pissing ridiculous, I accepted it last time as I presumed it would be a one-off, but now it's just taking the piss
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering it’s supposed to be 10% of users having problems there are a lot of users on this forum that do.

That said mine and the other halves GiffGaff phones are OK.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my o2 work phone works ok on 2G ,dunno about 3G dont get any coverage here for that

did text a someone on o2 from my tmob phone at 10am and didnt get a delivery report until 3pm, they said they just had it when i got the report so probably down to this issue
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    So it's not just me,

This is pissing ridiculous, I accepted it last time as I presumed it would be a one-off, but now it's just taking the piss

The last time? 1 off? where have you been?

This happened in July, then shortly before there was more than a day with no SMS services, in March I seem to remember an outage. October 2011 there was a big outage, then going back as far as 2009 there were 6 outages in 6 months back then !

The latest from a Giffgaff educator is it'll be fixed by 9PM, so that'll be 12 hours if it's fixed by then.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks to be the same fault as last time to me. Same symptoms. O2 say it's only impacting "10%" but my phone was working earlier, now it isn't... so I bet that figure is growing larger.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Mines been fine all day.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm back now. Looks like they're fixing it.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Still dead for me :(

Luckily i dont rely on my mobile as i use my landline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Been off all day. So annoying.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys

My signal cut off about 3:30pm and that's it I've had no signal since. Seriously p*ssed off I suffered back in July!
  • AJ2001AJ2001 Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This did it for me, sick and tired of these outages. I am out of contract , was looking to renew this weekend, not anymore. Left Three for this?!? Think I'll be going back
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is back but know plenty of people still off. No excuses from O2, really, awful service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9605631/Millions-of-O2-customers-hit-by-glitch.html

It's going to be in the newspapers again, surely this has to be very damaging for them. I really can't see them keeping the same customer numbers after 3 major outages this year lasting many, many hours each, in most cases a full day.

People are describing this as the biggest 10% they've ever seen.
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Mine is back but know plenty of people still off. No excuses from O2, really, awful service.

Did your signal just come back on or did you have to do anything to the phone? I'm still waiting for mine to come back on :(
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha love it
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was fine until about 30 minutes ago, now zilch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was fine until about 30 minutes ago, now zilch.

It will be, phones periodically re-authenticate with the core network from time to time. If they can't then you'll lose network, so it can be fine for ages until your phone needs to do that, then it'll drop off the network.

People keep saying it's ok in [insert town], but it's nothing to do with local cells it's a core network issue. Phones will drop off the network intermittently until it's fixed, which they say is 9PM now.
  • Lord KramLord Kram Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    HAHAHA am so glad I got a new contract out with 3, and only have 4 months or so left on O2, will never be going with them again after this!
    Weird thing is though, im on contract and cant make calls or send texts, but my mum is on PAYG. and make calls etc fine!