BBC to Strike over pension changes?

2»

Comments

• CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah I hate to say it, but whilst people may love "auntie" BBC strikers will not find favour with the public, and its going to be next to impossible for them to ever put there view across in a balanced fashion.

When its all done, it will become even harder for the BBC to pay anything like a competitive wage, the public hate of BBC wages & pensions will be so strong.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Interestingly, according to http://www.barb.co.uk/graph/weeklyViewing?_s=4, this year has seen an increase in viewing of broadcast TV (compared to 2008/2009). Also, while the viewing share for BBC1/2 has fallen from about 29% to about 27%, the total "BBC family" viewing share for "multichannel" homes has been broadly static at about 32% for the last 3 years.

K
    I should say that the BARB panel was changed at the start of 2010, so comparing those figures to the previous years is a bit unfair. I seem to remember that a straight comparison between the two panels when they ran in parallel indicated a 4% difference. But even if we take that into account, the average is still marginally higher for 2010 than 2008&9...

K