Mark Wright the most improved of all

The supposed lessons Mark Wright was supposed to have had as a child was denied by Sylvia herself, who stated that he had drama classes as a child and had never had a dance lesson and was doing amazingly well.

So stop all false rumours and if you dont have anything good to say, SAY NOTHING:

Read the story about Judy Murray and you will see the denial.

Comments

• Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    The supposed lessons Mark Wright was supposed to have had as a child was denied by Sylvia herself, who stated that he had drama classes as a child and had never had a dance lesson and was doing amazingly well.

So stop all false rumours and if you dont have anything good to say, SAY NOTHING:

Thanks for clearing that stupid rumour up, I never believed it for one minute anyway. :)

It was just something for the Mark haters to cling on to whenever any of us mentioned how much he has improved.

All the more reason for us to send extra votes his way this Saturday. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Yes, Mark and Simon are the most improved out of the remaining contestants. HOWEVER...Mark's still the weakest left, he should go this weekend in my opinion. I reckon he'll really struggle with the Rumba, still...semi-finalist is a great achievement! :D
  • ThadThad Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    The problem I have with Mark isn't so much his dancing as his sincerity. Maybe it's because he's done so much scripted reality, but every word that comes out of his mouth has a semi fake feel for me.

I could be wrong, but I tend to trust my instincts about people.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would like Mark to explain himself what exactly he was doing at Sylvia Young and how long for - there are IMO some discrepancies in what he's said in the past and what's claimed now, and that whole snippet in DM looks like it was passed on to them by Mark's PR - Judy Murray isn't backing him to win, she just said she thought he was the 'most improved'. From what I remember she was non committal on ITT about who she wanted to win - so the headline seems like a load of BS anyway.

Oh and by the way it's not up to you to dictate what other people say on this forum especially when some of Mark's fans hardly hold back on slating who they don't like!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think Simon and Mark are most improved. never believed he was a full time student at Sylvia Young anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Thad wrote: »
    The problem I have with Mark isn't so much his dancing as his sincerity. Maybe it's because he's done so much scripted reality, but every word that comes out of his mouth has a semi fake feel for me.

I could be wrong, but I tend to trust my instincts about people.

I agree, he's my least favourite of the remaining contestants, I'm hoping this is his last week
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So stop all false rumours and if you dont have anything good to say, SAY NOTHING
    :

I'm reasonably free to say wtf I like about him TYVM >:(
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MayD wrote: »
    I'm reasonably free to say wtf I like about him TYVM >:(

I agree - what is the point of a forum if you can't :D
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so sure the reason a lot of people don't like Mark is to do with his dancing .. think it's probably everything else about him. Plus Karen divides opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    I agree - what is the point of a forum if you can't :D
    daziechain wrote: »
    Not so sure the reason a lot of people don't like Mark is to do with his dancing .. think it's probably everything else about him. Plus Karen divides opinion.
    After weighing up all he evidence I have reached the objective conclusion that he's genuinely a bit of a tawcer.behind that cheeky chappy 'umble on a journey smile

His dancing 'prowess' doesn't come into
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's a tawcer, please?
  • beaky29beaky29 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I like Mark.
    He has improved tremendously. Can't understand why people have a downer on him.
    Hope he doesn't go out tomorrow night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's a tawcer, please?
    I was trying to circumvent any profanity filter but don't read it, hear it :D
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MayD wrote: »
    I was trying to circumvent any profanity filter but don't read it, hear it :D

Or another word for pancake flippers. ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I cannot wait to come into the forums and say I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER:

And by the way read the article properly. Judy says quite clearly that she is backing Wright because he has progressed the most.
  • Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member

I think you will find we can post what we like as long as it doesn't breach forum rules. As if everyone is going to shut up about Mark just because you say so!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait to come into the forums and say I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER:

And by the way read the article properly. Judy says quite clearly that she is backing Wright because he has progressed the most.

Well I don't really want to give a 'daily heil' link but since you're so insistent that she said it - I'll give the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2869396/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Judy-Murray-s-backing-Mr-Wright.html

Nowhere in that article is she quoted that she's 'backing him to win' - as I said it's just the headline that implies she has. Not even in that video link does she mention that she wants Mark to win. The article seems to have quoted her and sounds like the comment she made on ITT earlier this week where she just said she thought he was the 'most improved' but from what I recall she went on to say she couldn't pick a winner. As I said I just think it's a load of PR fluff from Mark's PR.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to add I don't agree that Mark is the 'most improved'. IMO out of the remaining contestants left I think Simon is the one who has improved the most.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Mark wants to get a job involving acting, singing and dancing he has done 10 years at Sylvia Young. Now he wants to be an underdog conveniently he had never done any dancing.

One way or the other he has certainly be economical with the truth.

Audrey some manners and graciousness would not go amiss.

Gloating no matter who does it is bad form, something that Karen, Mark and Kevin have not yet learnt.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    When Mark wants to get a job involving acting, singing and dancing he has done 10 years at Sylvia Young. Now he wants to be an underdog conveniently he had never done any dancing.

One way or the other he has certainly be economical with the truth.

Audrey some manners and graciousness would not go amiss.

Gloating no matter who does it is bad form, something that Karen, Mark and Kevin have not yet learnt.

Notwithstanding him knowing about the "round the world" move and suggesting it to Karen. - Do have to wonder where he picked that up?
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

Great to have this clarified, and its as I suspected. Clearly many people on here believe that Sylvia Young is a liar - unbelieveable!

Mark isn't my favourite but I'd love to see him in the final, I do believe he has worked really hard and is the most improved of the lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait to come into the forums and say I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER:.
    You are of course free to do that but don't be surprised if your patronising (imo) attitude prompts some "Now hang on a cotton pickin' minute" responses. I may even use capital letters if I have a fit of pique :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Great to have this clarified, and its as I suspected. Clearly many people on here believe that Sylvia Young is a liar - unbelieveable!

Mark isn't my favourite but I'd love to see him in the final, I do believe he has worked really hard and is the most improved of the lot.

I don't think anyone has claimed that Sylvia Young is a 'liar'.

The 'daily mail' has been known to tell lies though and that would be the last place I would be seeking clarity from!
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At this point, I would rather see him win than Jake .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy for anyone but Mark to win.

I don't think he's been on quite the 'journey' that the judges say he has - at the end of the day if I can't take to the personality, their dancing is going to make very little difference to me - as others have said he comes across as disingenuous and I don't like the way he's been hyped by the producers.