Anyone else can't stand Phil Schofield

Comments

• IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Morning is just one big advert for other trashy shows on ITV. It's a vicious circle, that's how people end up thinking rubbish like TOWIE is important. Their presenters are from other ITV shows, I mean Joe Swash, surely there are more talented people around.

Someone else I used to like before ITV threw lots of money at them was Leigh Francis. I think he actually thinks he is Keith Lemon now.

The Hub is the worst thing about This Morning. Is that Welsh bloke still doing it, the poor man's Gethin Jones?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hub is the worst thing about This Morning. Is that Welsh bloke still doing it, the poor man's Gethin Jones?

I don't know, but I agree he is awful.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does he wear very dark suits because he's of such small stature? They don't make him look any taller.

Actually, if he wore a bowler hat, he'd look like a Homepride flour grader.
    He doesn't really bother me, as I wouldn't watch any of the shows with which he's associated.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Morning is just one big advert for other trashy shows on ITV. It's a vicious circle, that's how people end up thinking rubbish like TOWIE is important. Their presenters are from other ITV shows, I mean Joe Swash, surely there are more talented people around.

Someone else I used to like before ITV threw lots of money at them was Leigh Francis. I think he actually thinks he is Keith Lemon now.

I can remember This Morning in the nineties having Britpop bands as guests and having a huge variety of subjects. Now it's self congratulatory yakkety yak about rubbish ITV shows, soaps, zelebs and diets. I think it's time it was pulled and Mr Smug given the heave ho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    Holly Willablobby can't get her unfeasibly large rear end into her chair in that clip.

It's written into her contract no rear end cam shots for good reason.
    Hence, you will never see shots of her 'behind' since Supermarket Sneak.

Blimey, I wish someone would write that into Vordermans contract!
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,764
    Forum Member
    I used to love him when he was with Gordon the Gopher in the broom cupboard (I think his rendition of the theme tune to Mysterious Cities of Gold was his finest hour), but he has become insufferable in his old age.
  • lindaja122lindaja122 Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    this is why I hate him
    http://youtu.be/XN8A2peU360

I find Phil & Holly a great team on This Morning. And I just saw the You Tube clip and got emersed in watching all the other hilarious clips.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never liked him.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lindaja122 wrote: »
    I find Phil & Holly a great team on This Morning. And I just saw the You Tube clip and got emersed in watching all the other hilarious clips.

I've just done that! Spent nearly an hour watching them laughing :)
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No , a Phil fan reports for duty.

Phil's a TV pro and an excellent presenter [ except when he and female sidekick corpse over some childish pun or double endendre ] .
  • laurence1870laurence1870 Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I think that ITV give him way more air time than he's worth.

This Morning
    The Cube
    All Star Mr and Mrs
    Soap Awards
    Text Santa
    Dancing on Ice

Come on, ITV, there must be other willing presenters out there (and I don't mean Stephen Mulhern, Holly Willoughby or Ant and Dec!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure his mate Jason Donovan likes him.;)
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I really think he is a smug, false idiot with a fake grin. I really can't stand the way he gushes over rubbish television shows as if they're art. his false attitude and the way he thinks he is the biggest thing since sliced bread.

Amen, comes across as a vile ignorant pig,
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No , a Phil fan reports for duty.

Phil's a TV pro and an excellent presenter [ except when he and female sidekick corpse over some childish pun or double endendre ] .

Surprised he has time to present considering all the injunctions he allegedly runs to court for. Ryan Giggs would be so proud.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that ITV give him way more air time than he's worth.

This Morning
    The Cube
    All Star Mr and Mrs
    Soap Awards
    Text Santa
    Dancing on Ice

Come on, ITV, there must be other willing presenters out there (and I don't mean Stephen Mulhern, Holly Willoughby or Ant and Dec!)

Nooooooo, he should be on cbeebies and he has a look of Frank Sidebottom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Surprised he has time to present considering all the injunctions he allegedly runs to court for. Ryan Giggs would be so proud.:D

I'm kinda a phil fan, I like him but I also know he's smug. This intrigues me though, would you like to expand? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amen, comes across as a vile ignorant pig,

I have an aching desire to shoot the television whenever he appears. I had the misfortune to catch ten minutes of Crap Morning a few months ago and he was grinning like an idiot and discussing last night's Emmerdale as if it was Shakespeare.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree with this thread he' his so uphimself lately. i have tweeted him this thread hopefully he will read it
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with some comments about ITV and TM. But, wow, some of the comments on here are harsh!! Reminds me of why the DS forums have such a bad reputation. Just a breeding ground for anonymous people to spout their vitriolic bile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with some comments about ITV and TM. But, wow, some of the comments on here are harsh!! Reminds me of why the DS forums have such a bad reputation. Just a breeding ground for anonymous people to spout their vitriolic bile.

This show used to be excellent when Richard and Judy hosted it, but has steadily gone downhill.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I one of the (what seems to be) few people on this thread that actually like him.

These people that dont like him - all I can say is dont watch his shows....

Everyone cant like everyone else...for me Bruce Forsythe does my head in so I dont watch SCD...see, its easy to avoid!!
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, anything but Phil 'Shouting' Schofield per-lease :sleep:
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amongst whom? I've never heard anyone in my life talk about DS in the street, as they do with Twitter or Facebook so I wouldn't say it has a bad reputation, more no reputation at all.

Whilst there are OTT comments, you get them with a lot of forums, so DS is not unique in that respect. I don't understand the self-deprication that sometimes appears on this forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the bloke, if he was made of chocolate he'd eat himself.

Smug Schofield's so far inside the closet, he's underneath the Christmas presents.