New Jobseekers Interview

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was phoned up this morning saying that I need to attend a new jobseekers interview on Friday because i've put a claim in for JSA

They didn't tell me what I need to take and theres hardly any information online

Could someone give me a list of what I need to take to the interview please?

Also what can I expect when I go to the interview please?

I want to be prepared so it isn't a massive shock

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was phoned up this morning saying that I need to attend a new jobseekers interview on Friday because i've put a claim in for JSA

They didn't tell me what I need to take and theres hardly any information online

Could someone give me a list of what I need to take to the interview please?

Also what can I expect when I go to the interview please?

I want to be prepared so it isn't a massive shock

I would think that you would need to take:

proof of I.D

proof of any savings you have

any employment history information

and any proof of any income you are currently getting

If that isn't enough then they will probably tell you what else to bring in at a later date!

If you explain to them that you wasn't expecting to have to go for the interview then I'm pretty sure they will understand.

I should think that they would just ask a few questions about why you want to claim JSA.

I hope this helps and good luck. :)

Ooh and you'll need your NI number.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    when you initially made the claim did you answer all the questions they asked? the interview at the Jobcentre is usually just a follow up with an adviser to talk about what sort of jobs you want to do and how you should be looking for them.

i had to take ID: passport, driving license or bank card

and my p45 from my last job that was it