Options

My Big Fat Derry Wedding

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    He should buy a new hinge for his jaw it might stop his massive gob flopping open.

This^ Lolol
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henryscat wrote: »
    50k won't change his life forever, but a good wedding is something he'll always remember.

He'll also remember the day she buggers off because his true colours shone through.
  • Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: just checked.....you could get TWO houses in Londonderry for £50k:eek:

Conor is fairly indicitive of the people that live in Derry....so how much would you pay to live there :D
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    I don't think winning BB would change your life anymore. Big Brother is not what it was, and nobody should go into expecting 'celeb status' - most people simply don't care these days. And so in that sense I think he made the right decision for himself.

I do think it still could change your life.

You go in as a nobody.

You either win the prizemoney which is nice, or do a few jobs here and there earning you a bit, which is nice. Some actually do rather well in those first few weeks. You think everyone loves you, as you get asked for interviews or spent night after night on BBBOTS.

And then.... you're back to being a nobody again. Except now you know what it was like to be in the spotlight. When tabloid photographers spot you, you end up in Heat or other trashy mags with a headline saying 'BB HM so-and-so has really let herself go...' or worse.

And then it all dries up completely, and nobody even remembers your name, or even cares enough about you to take your picture anymore. Aaaawwwwwww......

*cue violins*
  • Options
    Silver TractorSilver Tractor Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt the freakshow will be on C5 and the crappy couple will appear in the Daily Star having it orf on their honeymoon.

The McIntyre version of the Clampett family will be big news on C5 (the station for dross, shite and bollox).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    I'm Irish living just outside London. Anyone calling London boring doesn't know London! No one could ever be bored in London.

Ireland is pretty, people are superficially friendly (they say hello to everyone they meet, unlike in London) but London people are also very friendly and nice once you get to know them. It can get a bit boring living in Ireland unless you live in a major city.

Hear, hear! My OH is Irish and I've visited Ireland many times over the past 30 years. As you say, superficially friendly most of the time. My sister-in-law is the biggest biatch going. Mother-in-law is just plain nasty (she goes to church on a Sunday so she's forgiven and has bought her place in heaven alreay). My daughter with with someone from Belfast for 12 years and he's still giving her grief for dumping him 5 years ago.

So basically, you have to judge people as individuals, not from where they come from.
  • Options
    Purves GrundyPurves Grundy Posts: 43,929
    Forum Member
    If Conor did use the money soberly on a house for himself he would have my grudging respect. But all the indications are that he's going to splash it out on holidays and parties and new cars and clothes etc. In other words he has no sense of "delayed gratification" and self-control necessary for lasting financial stability because his bloated, fragile ego tells him that he's such an amazing, beloved, fun-loving, hunky Alpha cool dude that for every second of his existence he should be lavished with sycophantic praise and tawdry, tacky baubles.

But of course in any case he does not deserve the £50,000 at all. Scratch away the superficial fun-loving "craic" (ie he screeched a lot and played juvenile, bullying pranks with Arron) and he's easily one of the most unpleasant, selfish, bullying and mercenary characters ever to walk into the BB house.:mad:
  • Options
    Silver TractorSilver Tractor Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    I'm Irish living just outside London. Anyone calling London boring doesn't know London! No one could ever be bored in London.

Ireland is pretty, people are superficially friendly (they say hello to everyone they meet, unlike in London) but London people are also very friendly and nice once you get to know them. It can get a bit boring living in Ireland unless you live in a major city.

I have travelled all over Southern Ireland and to some parts of the North (but never as far as Derry and I don't think I will bother to go there now).

I have always found most of the people in the south to be friendly and helpful but the folk in the north do seem to be harsher and a bit louder.

With regard to London - I love the place and go there often. It's a huge city so there are obviously all sorts of people around. In general I have always found Londoners to be very friendly and cheerful (but not in the rush hour)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    If Conor did use the money soberly on a house for himself he would have my grudging respect. But all the indications are that he's going to splash it out on holidays and parties and new cars and clothes etc. In other words he has no sense of "delayed gratification" and self-control necessary for lasting financial stability because his bloated, fragile ego tells him that he's such an amazing, beloved, fun-loving, hunky Alpha cool dude that for every second of his existence he should be lavished with sycophantic praise and tawdry, tacky baubles.

But of course in any case he does not deserve the £50,000 at all. Scratch away the superficial fun-loving "craic" (ie he screeched a lot and played juvenile, bullying pranks with Arron) and he's easily one of the most unpleasant, selfish, bullying and mercenary characters ever to walk into the BB house.:mad:

Theres probably other people got plans for that money aswell.

A majority of viewers of reality tv can't or won't see past the superficial and that is why it is a succesful lowest common denominator medium like newspapers. This forum on the otherhand gives me hope.
  • Options
    Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who gives a sh!t it's his money now. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    IrishGrannyIrishGranny Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ69 wrote: »
    Conor is fairly indicitive of the people that live in Derry....so how much would you pay to live there :D

And how many residents of Derry/Londonderry would you actually know?
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    henryscat wrote: »
    50k won't change his life forever, but a good wedding is something he'll always remember.
    even after the divorce:D
  • Options
    SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be way over the line here and out of order - but (am gonna say it anyway) - I can picture him and kayleigh breaking up and him going out with Ashleigh (they seem to suit each other)
  • Options
    IrishGrannyIrishGranny Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have travelled all over Southern Ireland and to some parts of the North (but never as far as Derry and I don't think I will bother to go there now).

I have always found most of the people in the south to be friendly and helpful but the folk in the north do seem to be harsher and a bit louder.

With regard to London - I love the place and go there often. It's a huge city so there are obviously all sorts of people around. In general I have always found Londoners to be very friendly and cheerful (but not in the rush hour)!

We northerners are not harsher, just more honest and direct. Yes we are louder and we don't beat about the bush. You would have to be a very harsh or naive person to judge a City because of the behaviour of one of its residents.

The worst behaviour in modern history in Londonderry/Derry was not by its own residents. Thankfully the people of our Maiden City have tried to put that behind them.

They are generous natured people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DLS1 wrote: »
    WTF Must be a complete hole for property to be that incredibly inexpensive. I doubt you could buy a 50 year lease on a garage for £25K here in London, let alone a two bed domicile:eek:

Please stop insulting people that live there with your comment. Londonderry has some lovely property just outside it. I admit it's not a glamorous and not the richest area, but that's peoples homes. So don't mock!

Think Conor insulted people enough with some of his comments in Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fordtrax wrote: »
    Can't see Luke S as best man.

Can see Conor banging Ashleigh in the toilets at the reception.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how many residents of Derry/Londonderry would you actually know?

Have you read the twitters and facebook page comments of his F&Fs???

I'll be giving Derry a wide berth I can tell you :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Now his bride can afford to hire Thelma Madine to make the dresses?

:D ^^^^ I am sure she will look stunning
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JJ69 wrote: »
    Have you read the twitters and facebook page comments of his F&Fs???

I'll be giving Derry a wide berth I can tell you :eek:

Really getting fed up of people like you tarring Derry residents with the same brush!!!! They are NOT all poisoon like Conor's f&f!!!

My great grandfather was well know in Londonderry for being an architect, building it's biggest hospital, and lived in a lovely house in the outskirts of Derry. My mother is from there ( although moved to live with my father but still has many respectful relatives living there who aren't Conor nor anyone like him! Respectful hard working people! Hey it might not be the best place to live, but not all Londonderry residents are like that tube!

There is also a lot of history in regards to Derry! And nadine Coyle from girls aloud is from the same side of the wall as Conor!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cleo wrote: »
    :D I've used that phrase a few times today. So appropriate. By the time he gets back to Ireland he'll have already made a big hole in it.

Where are he and his wife going to live when they get married, I wonder. Nothing about a house on his list.

I swear I heard him say to Luke S in the white room something about "I'd put my house up" as in he would bet his house.. but surely he said he lives with his parents??? he doesn't have a house.. or does he? I know in some contexts you might say something like "are you coming to my house" when your meeting up with friends etc.. when iots your parents house.. but I really think psychologically you wouldn't say it in the context of putting your parents house up as a bet ......... maybe some would lol Conor might ?
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imnotok!! wrote: »
    Really getting fed up of people like you tarring Derry residents with the same brush!!!! They are NOT all poisoon like Conor's f&f!!!

My great grandfather was well know in Londonderry for being an architect, building it's biggest hospital, and lived in a lovely house in the outskirts of Derry. My mother is from there ( although moved to live with my father but still has many respectful relatives living there who aren't Conor nor anyone like him! Respectful hard working people! Hey it might not be the best place to live, but not all Londonderry residents are like that tube!

There is also a lot of history in regards to Derry! And nadine Coyle from girls aloud is from the same side of the wall as Conor!

Ah, do not concern yourself Imnotok over a few people who jump to the lowest common denominator cos they've seen or met one person from a place, ergo everyone from there is the same:( As Conor would say "that is 100%" rubbish. Do you think he gets an additional £50K if he can say 100% one million times in the next week;)
  • Options
    ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also said that Luke S had a job. This seemed to suggest that he (Conor) hasnt. Why not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    Straight after he took the money... I posted that some Derry hotel would be rubbing their hands with glee.
    Expensive wedding reception... Looks like I was right.

I don't know if he works or whatever... But is the 50K tax free?

He's not very intelligent... So I hope someome talks sense to him... Otherwise the money won't last long.

Well he might not be someone who would sit an exam and pass with top marks.. but you cant say he is not intelligent.. he managed to manipulate people in the house and he worked out quickly that his best course of actions would be to take the money.. and i doubt very much he will spend any money on a party etc.. what he says is not what he does.. surely you've worked that out by now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Desy Boy wrote: »
    Who gives a sh!t it's his money now. Good luck to him.

yup, it is...and so he can spend it how he wants...but he's the one who said it would change his life more than if any of the others took it. i would infer he was going to do something constructive with the money...clear debts, but property, invest...but his list shows just how shallow his 'life-changing' aspirations are....or to put it less politely....he's full of sh!t :cool: