The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    ... which was their first song available on itunes though... It's not like it's the first time you can pre-order a One Direction song. So I find it even more impressive.

And are you sure about "She looks so perfect" not being available to listen to before pre-ordering? Or did you also read that on buzzjack? Because I think there was an audio out, but I could be wrong, as I'm not a big fan of 5SOS.

I guess. I actually don't know much about 5SOS. Their success has alluded me somewhat.....
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving fireproof. Don't think have played a 1D song so much since WMYB!! I hope the album won't disappoint but I don't think it will
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo for the new single, excited to hear it before the end of the month. I hope they perform Fireproof at the iHeart festival this weekend. I obviously was hoping that the zaughty song would be lead single (and I still hope it will be a single for Zayn's sake) but hey. Steal My Girl is a funny title, there haven't been many 1D songs that aren't directed to a girl/listener.

The lag time between the UK and US release will be because our radio likes to play songs pre-release whereas other territories are happy to do 'on sale on air'. It also means they can wait til the X Factor starts. There will be a 6 week gap between single release in the US and their album promo so they could put out another song for that (and for any UK promo at album time). 4-6 weeks between singles isn't out of the question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... which was their first song available on itunes though... It's not like it's the first time you can pre-order a One Direction song. So I find it even more impressive.

And are you sure about "She looks so perfect" not being available to listen to before pre-ordering? Or did you also read that on buzzjack? Because I think there was an audio out, but I could be wrong, as I'm not a big fan of 5SOS.

I think She Looks So Perfect was available for pre-order before fans heard it. I remember lots of tags about it anyway.

At least the songs have been recorded. Us One Direction fans could pre-order the new concert DVD before it had even been filmed :D
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    congrats to the boys for their four MTV EMA nominations!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    congrats to the boys for their four MTV EMA nominations!! :D

oo eer they are up against 5sos in two categories! Biggest fans one of them . Hope directioners pull it out of the bag )
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo for the new single, excited to hear it before the end of the month. I hope they perform Fireproof at the iHeart festival this weekend. I obviously was hoping that the zaughty song would be lead single (and I still hope it will be a single for Zayn's sake) but hey. Steal My Girl is a funny title, there haven't been many 1D songs that aren't directed to a girl/listener.

The lag time between the UK and US release will be because our radio likes to play songs pre-release whereas other territories are happy to do 'on sale on air'. It also means they can wait til the X Factor starts. There will be a 6 week gap between single release in the US and their album promo so they could put out another song for that (and for any UK promo at album time). 4-6 weeks between singles isn't out of the question.

I have never heard of an artist reeleasing two singles within 4 weeks of each other.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I have never heard of an artist reeleasing two singles within 4 weeks of each other.

They might release the second single a couple of weeks after the album, to reboost the album sales after the 1st week frenzy...
    I think SOML was a great second single, and I hope that they will make another good choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    oo eer they are up against 5sos in two categories! Biggest fans one of them . Hope directioners pull it out of the bag )

fingers crossed!! :D:blush: :kitty:
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bib- They must be getting tired of all this voting though.....
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluestone wrote: »
    Bib- They must be getting tired of all this voting though.....

This one is very easy though, even I am participating :) You can just bookmark the link posted above, then click on it several times a day, takes you about 5 seconds :) No signing up or anything like that.
    The tweeting for the "Biggest Fans" award, however, requires a bit more effort :) But it's already been trending tonight, so that looks promising already...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    They might release the second single a couple of weeks after the album, to reboost the album sales after the 1st week frenzy...
    I think SOML was a great second single, and I hope that they will make another good choice.

They could perform the second single at least, just as they performed Midnight Memories around the album release in America. It seems a waste to use all that TV time to promote Steal My Girl weeks after it was on sale, especially given that 1D promo tends to tail off after christmas. I mean hopefully SMG is a cracker of a song and a lot of non-fans hear Fireproof but it would be really good if they had had 2 singles on US radio playlists before the album was out. Unless Adele or Rihanna decide to compete they're likely to get another 4th US #1 but it would be a shame if sales dropped a lot.

In the UK the single is likely to go to radio straightaway (2 weeks before it's on sale and 6-7 weeks before album release) so it will be off many radio playlists when the album is out. Early/mid Nov could be time to introduce a new one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could perform the second single at least, just as they performed Midnight Memories around the album release in America. It seems a waste to use all that TV time to promote Steal My Girl weeks after it was on sale, especially given that 1D promo tends to tail off after christmas. I mean hopefully SMG is a cracker of a song and a lot of non-fans hear Fireproof but it would be really good if they had had 2 singles on US radio playlists before the album was out. Unless Adele or Rihanna decide to compete they're likely to get another 4th US #1 but it would be a shame if sales dropped a lot.

In the UK the single is likely to go to radio straightaway (2 weeks before it's on sale and 6-7 weeks before album release) so it will be off many radio playlists when the album is out. Early/mid Nov could be time to introduce a new one.

Yes but calm down sister. It won't be 4 weeks after the 1st one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »

"What a sick, old man", that's what I thought first (when I read the article in the link you posted).
    After reading the original article (http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2014/09/15/one-direction-rose-bowl/), I still think he's somewhat sick. But more so he's very bitter that times have changed and today's youth don't know U2 anymore :D The overall tone of the article isn't entirely negative though. But he's such a bad writer, in my opinion! Every other sentence starts with "And...", which is what I've been taught to avoid ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "What a sick, old man", that's what I thought first (when I read the article in the link you posted).
    After reading the original article (http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2014/09/15/one-direction-rose-bowl/), I still think he's somewhat sick. But more so he's very bitter that times have changed and today's youth don't know U2 anymore :D The overall tone of the article isn't entirely negative though. But he's such a bad writer, in my opinion! Every other sentence starts with "And...", which is what I've been taught to avoid ;)

ha ha!! i agree it wasn't too bad when you read it after your blood pressure had gone back down to normal level, lolz!! ;-)
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you all have seen this yet but Labrinth gave an interview a day ago and talked about how he'd like to collaborate with Zayn. It's a bit funny because the interviewer expected him to want Harry and was really shocked (kind of weirdly so) that Labrinth was so into Zayn's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRstugo-stI

I think they'd be a good fit. Cheers to a Labrinth/Emeli/Zayn collaboration in the near future :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if you all have seen this yet but Labrinth gave an interview a day ago and talked about how he'd like to collaborate with Zayn. It's a bit funny because the interviewer expected him to want Harry and was really shocked (kind of weirdly so) that Labrinth was so into Zayn's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRstugo-stI

I think they'd be a good fit. Cheers to a Labrinth/Emeli/Zayn collaboration in the near future :).

Am surprised as I still haven't forgotten about his diss on one direction .Insinuating they don't make real music
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am surprised as I still haven't forgotten about his diss on one direction .Insinuating they don't make real music

Don't forget Labrinth is signed to Syco. ;-) I bet his new single is out soon. What a Coincidence! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some new Boxscore numbers from the US (last week's 3 shows in LA):
    BB Boxscores
    1 One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, Jamie Scott Rose Bowl Pasadena, Calif. Sept. 11-13, 2014 $12,560,382 165,170 /
    165,170 3 / 3 $99.50, $19.50 Live Nation

So that's an audience of more than 3 million people, a total gross of 256 million US-$, with 10 shows' numbers not yet announced. I doubt they're going to make 300 million. Would need to average 4.4 million per show, which they didn't even manage to do at their LA shows. Compared to their sold out Wembley shows, the tickets for the Rose Bowl shows were more about 12 $ cheaper on average.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    The discounted third show hurt their total Rose Bowl gross, but they still got the record.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cakesy wrote: »
    The discounted third show hurt their total Rose Bowl gross, but they still got the record.

Yes amazing! and in other news i am still part of the UK and fish face has resigned so am a happy bunny :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes amazing! and in other news i am still part of the UK and fish face has resigned so am a happy bunny :D

And you still get those subsidies from England!!! :p:p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys...

I've been reading this thread religiously for a long long time now, and I've gathered Zayn is a very popular boy with most of you on here...hehe

Are there any other Louis fans? I have been in love with him since day one. Right from the XF to now. Yes, everybody I know, everybody I even talk to about 1d label him as the ugly one et al. I appreciate he's not conventionally good looking in comparison to say for example Zayn, but in my eyes he has to be the sexiest person to have ever lived...

For me he is the one that stands out. I love how he manages to keep himself SO private when he is off press. I love how down to earth he manages to keep his life..

I'm also proud he is taking more of a stance re songwriting as he's always been labelled as the the useless member...anyway I hope maybe some of you share my Louis love..It's embarrassing as I am FOUR YEARS older than him...I should know better but he is totally my kinda guy...:):)