Hollyoaks - Danny Mac to leave role as Mark "Dodger" Savage!

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What will the Damsels in Distress do without him? :cry:
  • Dean_FranceDean_France Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    "Sienna you're sick, leave me alone, you ain't my mother"
    "Jack (Branning), oh I mean Mark... Yes I am"

Duff, duff, duff... Oh wait.
  • Dean_FranceDean_France Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    What will the Damsels in Distress do without him? :cry:

End up dead, imprisoned or loopy :D
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or in Texas's case, fly out of a church window :D.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Berkwood probably drove him away with the stupid incest plot. Another good character leaving the show. Fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    First Gemma, then Jennifer and now Danny.

I bet most of the actors are tired of the nonsensical storylines they've been given and have decided to leave.
  • Vera BennettVera Bennett Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they will have Patrick visit Will to propose an alliance to get rid of Dodger since both of them are his archenemy.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of that list of leavers posted early in the summer has come to fruition now with Dennis, Mercedes, Carmel and Dodger. I can't think who else was on it apart from Leela and I think Phoebe.
  • Colonel_JasperColonel_Jasper Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    First Gemma, then Jennifer and now Danny.

I bet most of the actors are tired of the nonsensical storylines they've been given and have decided to leave.

Yep. I think this is the case too.

It's also why I'm gonna stop watching after tomorrow.
  • *Baby*Blue**Baby*Blue* Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    The names of characters that was said to be leaving are - Mercedes, Carmel, Nancy, Esther, Phoebe, George, Dodger and Frankie. That is half of them gone/going already! I think the list is slowly turning out to be true!
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dodger is like security for Sienna. So when he's gone I hate to see how this affects Sienna. Maxine will be around (I think) so her security is gone too. Actually he's the only one who can protect and help to a point the women Patrick has a hold of so this is going to be a very scary watch.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The names of characters that was said to be leaving are - Mercedes, Carmel, Nancy, Esther, Phoebe, George, Dodger and Frankie. That is half of them gone/going already! I think the list is slowly turning out to be true!

Where was this list that two or three members have mentioned a few times? Where's the list? And how long ago was this list?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll clearly be killed off in January because theyve already announced the mercy killer kills a main cast member that month. Its too much of a coincidence.

And with a serial killer around, it allows Kirkwood to kill off whoever he needs to in the next few months and keep all his ratings i.e. the twitter crowd. Wouldnt be surprised at all if we've got a few of the bigger cast members leaving after Danny Mac and thats the whole reason for the serial killer ridiculousness.

I swear to God, all I need is to hear Kieron Richardson is leaving and I would know true happiness. He deserves the absolute best, and giving a character HIV is a pretty much guaranteed kiss of death. He deserves so much better than what this show's become.
  • boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he will be missed but I think it's the right time for him to leave. I can't take the Dodger/Maxine/Patrick/Sienna stories seriously anymore.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Not surprised - he looked awkward and embarrassed trying to talk about his decent plots.

I wonder who will be next to jump?
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I bet Eastenders come calling! I don't see him getting much work outside of soapy style dramas.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rest of the male cast will need to start jockeying for position.

The role of Hollyoaks' top man-tart is going to be up for grabs.

I'll miss Dodger. For nearly every female member of the cast '....and then she sleeps with Dodger' appears at least once in the character bio.

And please do not let his exit involve the Roscoes in any way.

Unless he leaves because he's been sent to jail for killing them all.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The rest of the male cast will need to start jockeying for position.

The role of Hollyoaks' top man-tart is going to be up for grabs.

I'll miss Dodger. For nearly every female member of the cast '....and then she sleeps with Dodger' appears at least once in the character bio.

And please do not let his exit involve the Roscoes in any way.

Unless he leaves because he's been sent to jail for killing them all.

:D

It would be a mercy killing. For the audience. :cool:

Aww, Dodge. :) I never liked him at the start, he was too bimboish, but he really turned into one of the most likable characters, and Danny Mac seems like a really nice guy. Good luck to him.

So that's the actors who played Jim, Sandy, Dennis, Carmel, Mercedes, Blessing and Dodger all walked recently, aside from all the axeings.
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is another character about to be killed off again? Seriously, why doesn't he just have a serial killer kill everybody off?
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    So will Dodger be a victim of this mystery hospital killer?
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    I bet Eastenders come calling! I don't see him getting much work outside of soapy style dramas.
    I believe he's done musical theatre in the past, so he might go there again, but yes, possibly EastEnders. Bryan Kirkwood would not be amused. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was a supposed cast cull. Those who have left have left on their own accord. So the list was just BS. A cast cull is people being sacked, they all have basically handed in their notices so haven't been sacked at all.

I blame Carley Stenson. First she leaves, then she talked her then bloke Ricky Whittle to leave, now her now bloke Danny Mac.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see other big names like Jess Fox following suit.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Does anyone ever say the storylines are so bad so they feel like leaving? All I ever see is praise for the series from the actors
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't blame him for going.

Hollyoaks have dished out so many 'shock' twists to the Blake family of late that I've become desensitized to them.