Options

Im Outraged Jake Has Gone......

olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
Forum Member
✭✭
.......no?!?

No threads, no complaining, no tantrums.......

First time in the dance off to and he is knocked out

Can we bring him back please

:p:p:p:D:D;-);-)

Comments

• Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just :)

(Prefer to see dancers who can move or touch me.)
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Jake, but he didn't seem to upset to be going. He's had a good run
  • Options
    Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    I used a lot of my free votes on Jake over the course of the series, but I can't really complain that he's gone because he was one of the weakest dancers on Saturday. I kept willing him to match some of his earlier performances but it just didn't happen. I'd much rather he had been kept in over Mark but hey ho, Len's casting vote has spoken again >:(

I think after Pixie getting voted out, no-one is surprised at anything anymore!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely exit dance! Funny that they busted out one of their craziest lifts (and it looked to be Jake's idea!) and he was very gracious.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if it was done on vote only he wouldn't have gone but on dancing terms it was probably right. I think the final is going to be a bit dull & predictable without him
  • Options
    Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    I think if it was done on vote only he wouldn't have gone but on dancing terms it was probably right. I think the final is going to be a bit dull & predictable without him

I agree. I bet they'd have done a great show dance.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd have much preferred Jake over Mark in the final. I don't know that Mark is much better, and Jake is far, far more fun.

The final will be dull without him.:(
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serenity. wrote: »
    I agree. I bet they'd have done a great show dance.

I have trouble thinking what could possibly upstage their week 2 salsa!
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    .......no?!?

Not enough people voted for him, it's the publics fault!
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having burst into our consciouness in week 2 he has slipped constantly ever since so it was about time he went. IMHO
  • Options
    Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Not enough people voted for him, it's the publics fault!

Not sure it was the publics fault this time - being bottom of the leader board he may not have been able to avoid the d/o so Len made another decision. Interestiing that the BBC refuse to release the voting percentages when the show is over
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    .......no?!?

Maybe there's "no threads, no complaining, no tantrums" because viewers understand why he left. That's not the case with Pixie. I know this thread was created to poke fun at those up in arms about Pixie, but it actually proves the point even further.

People only get riled up at results that are unjustified. She may have been in the bottom two in the public vote, but that's why the bottom two is there - for the judges to keep the best in the competition. Had her exit been automatic because she was bottom of the public vote, I'm absolutely sure the outcry wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad. More people would've accepted it. However, the bottom two is there for the judges to have the power to keep the BEST on the show, and that didn't happen last week.

Her exit was simply for shock value, yet it was so unnecessary - all it does/did is lose the show credibility. The ratings are great without the need to pull X Factor stunts (which is now declining every year BECAUSE of such stunts).

It was the wrong move on the shows part.
  • Options
    gorlagongorlagon Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the people voting for Jake were less likely to be of the keyboard warrior/fandom demographic. Much more likely to be sanguine - like Jake himself. Thus the lack of hysteria.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you not seen the 'Jake woz robbed' thread? :D

It is a shame he's gone but not as much of a shame as Pixie going because she was such a special dancer.
    It's the luck of the draw with the dances .. if he'd had the salsa now instead of earlier .. then he'd be through. Most of his good dances came early which was a shame for him as he probably would have got through the earlier rounds easily enough on popularity alone. Pixie was also unlucky to get a late cha cha. She'd have stunned in an American smooth.

I did think they'd both be finalists. Strange how things work out.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    Maybe there's "no threads, no complaining, no tantrums" because viewers understand why he left. That's not the case with Pixie. I know this thread was created to poke fun at those up in arms about Pixie, but it actually proves the point even further.

People only get riled up at results that are unjustified. She may have been in the bottom two in the public vote, but that's why the bottom two is there - for the judges to keep the best in the competition. Had her exit been automatic because she was bottom of the public vote, I'm absolutely sure the outcry wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad. More people would've accepted it. However, the bottom two is there for the judges to have the power to keep the BEST on the show, and that didn't happen last week.

Her exit was simply for shock value, yet it was so unnecessary - all it does/did is lose the show credibility. The ratings are great without the need to pull X Factor stunts (which is now declining every year BECAUSE of such stunts).

Being bottom of the public vote has nothing much often to do with popularity, or ability to win. People don't vote for who they think should go. Or who they think should stay. Most vote for who they like most , not who they like second. They vote for who was best on the night - not second. They vote for who they think should stay , but looks in danger . Some vote because they vote every week for whoever is last. Until they switch to who do you think should go, or unless people vote their order of prererence - and are prepared to vote 15 times that week , thats always going to be the case. People won't vote 15 times, and voting to send someone home would be wide open to tactucal voting, so we seem to be stuck with silly results. As you say, the dance off is there to stop the worst of those silly results - that most people wouldn't want happening
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I'd have much preferred Jake over Mark in the final. I don't know that Mark is much better, and Jake is far, far more fun.

The final will be dull without him.:(

That's why I wont be watching... not cause Im outraged, just cause the others are boring
  • Options
    Bails HolyGrailBails HolyGrail Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    The contrast between Jake and Mark is so extreme.

Jake was far to sincere and nice for a RTV show.No constant mentions of his lack of dance experience,no false tears,no references to being the underdog etc

His exit on ITT tonight didn't display a lack of caring as mentioned above,it was simply a classy response which epitomised his time on the show.....no histrionics,no bitterness,no hint of unfairness,simply an extremely dignified last appearance.

By contrast,Mark has been on the radio today emphasising his lack of dance experience,reminding everyone of his opponents previous experience and his Twitter account tells everyone he's the underdog,he's being given a hard time by the press blah blah blah....

One is a RTV pro,used to playing the game and as insincere as is possible,the other an understated Proffesional family man who's class shone through during the show.
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jake was far to sincere and nice for a RTV show.No constant mentions of his lack of dance experience,no false tears,no references to being the underdog etc

His exit on ITT tonight didn't display a lack of caring as mentioned above,it was simply a classy response which epitomised his time on the show.....no histrionics,no bitterness,no hint of unfairness,simply an extremely dignified last appearance.

By contrast,Mark has been on the radio today emphasising his lack of dance experience,reminding everyone of his opponents previous experience and his Twitter account tells everyone he's the underdog,he's being given a hard time by the press blah blah blah....

One is a RTV pro,used to playing the game and as insincere as is possible,the other an understated Proffesional family man who's class shone through during the show.

Round of applause for this

Jake was a lovely person and, although perhaps not the best technical dancer, he entertained me very well during his time and I would much have preferred to see him and Janette in the final - regardless of whether they won or not .

Hopefully Mr Underdog will live up to his name and be first out on Saturday
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »

Give that man a biscuit!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I'm not outraged Jake has gone but I am disappointed as I think it is the final's loss. All of the remaining 4 seem to be cut from the same, rather synthetic, ITV2/BBC3 cloth and I can't imagine any of them are about to produce anything scintillating for the final. Jake isn't the best dancer Strictly has ever seen or anything but I feel he had slightly more substance to him and was the last chance we had of a memorable routine in the final. It's all very boring now.
  • Options
    backstageonebackstageone Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Check the "voting Figures" thread.

To my shock, Strictly is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act :o that means they have no obligation to produce the actual public votes not even in a court of law.

This means absolute power of manipulation which I though was only reserved to their ability to song choosing, dance placement and the double power of the judges, comments and scoring.

This is really is a travesty because voting over land lines cost us money in order to get our favorites to stay in the competition.

:o I am outraged :o
  • Options
    AngelaAngela Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hear hear... Ever so true! The way he put his arm around Jannet during the clip that showed all the highlights was ever so sweet. And he really had to contain himself you could see he was struggling a bit.. Also loved the fact he mentioned that Zoe did such a good job stepping in for Claudia.. Thoughful..
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure it was the publics fault this time - being bottom of the leader board he may not have been able to avoid the d/o so Len made another decision. Interestiing that the BBC refuse to release the voting percentages when the show is over

The public always has some "fault", but never all of it. The chief blame goes to Len who again used his so-called 'casting vote".

If the judges are evenly split, it should go back to who had the most votes; it's fundamentally wrong to give Len so much more power than the other judges, so that he decides who goes unless all 3 other judges disagree with him.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Having burst into our consciouness in week 2 he has slipped constantly ever since so it was about time he went. IMHO

Agreed. He seemed to think that he had done enough and gave the impression that he had stopped trying - too much of the same basically.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    The public always has some "fault", but never all of it. The chief blame goes to Len who again used his so-called 'casting vote".

If the judges are evenly split, it should go back to who had the most votes; it's fundamentally wrong to give Len so much more power than the other judges, so that he decides who goes unless all 3 other judges disagree with him.

It can't revert to the public vote though, because that would reveal the outcome, something the BBC will not do.