Eddie Redmayne

Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So pleased he had won best actor at the Golden Globes. First noticed him in Les Miserables and thought he had the potential to be a huge star. There is something about him that just seems to connect to the audience. Fingers crossed for the Oscars.

Comments

• fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    His performance as Hawking was good but he has the same chance of winning an Oscar as Benedict Cumberbatch, NONE.

Michael Keaton is an absolute shoe-in for the award.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Michael Keaton will win it. To be honest, I don't think either Eddie or Benedict are in the samr league as him
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hilarious that he'd getting any sort of attention for such an average and dull performance, but that's the award season for you.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Him winning the GG was amazing, but like others have said, Keaton will deservedly win the oscar. But the nomination alone is a huge deal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironically, I think Cumberbatch gave the better performance as Hawking when he played him!
    There seems to be more buzz about Redmayne and the Movie itself amongst the critics though, than about The Imitation game and Cumberbatch, so I'd say of the two, Eddie would be more likely to win.
    Which is all largely irrelevant because Michael Keaton seems a cert to win it! And that's nice, imo - he seemed to sink without trace for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but I hated him in Les Miserables. Face like a fish.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of either him or Cumberbatch and so wouldn't mind Keaton winning the big one.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    D_Peugeot wrote: »
    It's hilarious that he'd getting any sort of attention for such an average and dull performance, but that's the award season for you.

I've always found him dull and and his acting is very, very hammy . He seems to have had very good fortune as there are many better actors who can't get noticed.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Brits love their own, so I think Eddie will win the Best Actor BAFTA but not the Academy Award, which will instead go to Michael Keaton. I can't see Benedict Cumberbatch winning it at all.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to admit that I didn't like his performance in BBC's 'Birdsong' which he didn't seem to talk very much let alone show much emotion as he kept throwing blank looks at the French co-star all the time - quite a very dull actor, I thought at the time.

I still have to see his film 'The Theory Of Everything' to judge how his acting skills have improved yet.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Steve Carrell will win
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Brick Tamland FTMFW!!!
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought he was brilliant in Foxcatcher, and whilst I think it's Keaton's, I'd love it if Carrell won and in his acceptance speech just said "I love lamp". :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member

Nope. Nicole Kidman already won for sticking a false nose on.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hawking himself was impressed so that's got to count for something.

Steve Carrell has lost out because one of the real life people involved has slammed the film as inaccurate.

Michael Keaton has the right idea playing a fictional character.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sort of thinking Bradley Cooper might be the darkhorse for this category. Strong performance in American Sniper and of course, very relevant political theme atm.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of either him or Cumberbatch and so wouldn't mind Keaton winning the big one.

Same here. Glad that Steve Carrel has been nominated too. I really do like Keaton though - and think he's overdue an award - he's been excellent in so many thing - such a versatile actor.