Newbies: Introduce Yourselves!

Comments

• Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Been lurking a while but decided to jump in.Hoping for some lively debate :)
    Been lurking for a few years. Always had trouble registering but finally did it and now will spout forth on everything!

Hi guys, welcome to DS. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Hello, not been on here in ages. Thought I'd pop on and say hello like a newbie before I go and have a nosey around. Has much changed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Hello
    only found this forum recently when i was looking for some technical help and a link sent me here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss Barca wrote: »
    Hello, not been on here in ages. Thought I'd pop on and say hello like a newbie before I go and have a nosey around. Has much changed?
    The entire layout! :o
    Hello
    only found this forum recently when i was looking for some technical help and a link sent me here.
    Hi, welcome to DS. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hello all, I have been looking at posts on various subjects on DS for a while and thought it would be good to join instead of just observing! I look forward to sharing views and opinions...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all, I have been looking at posts on various subjects on DS for a while and thought it would be good to join instead of just observing! I look forward to sharing views and opinions...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone
  • HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    margot333 wrote: »
    Hello everyone

Hello
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, not new to DS at all but I don't think I have ever posted in here before.

So just thought I would say hello.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    margot333 wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    Tiggi wrote: »
    Hi everyone, not new to DS at all but I don't think I have ever posted in here before.

So just thought I would say hello.
    Hi, belated welcome to DS. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »

Hi, belated welcome to DS. :)

Hi and thank you.
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone! I have been commenting using Facebook but I thought I'd give the forums a go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I have been commenting using Facebook but I thought I'd give the forums a go.

Foos yer doos the day? :D
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »

Foos yer doos the day? :D

:D thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Hello! New here, but been a stalker at Big Brother time each year :)
  • Ric_MachinRic_Machin Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Hello there.

Just to introduce myself, I am a big fan of Digital Spy, reality shows, and I am a professional caricature artist. I hope to combine all three in future posts, showing some art related to the tv shows feature on the DS Forums. I look forward to your feedback.

Very best wishes,

Ric.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1656331_10202241035599567_1656004631_n.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »

Fit like ma loon. Welcome to DS:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! New here, but been a stalker at Big Brother time each year :)
    Ric_Machin wrote: »
    Hello there.

Just to introduce myself, I am a big fan of Digital Spy, reality shows, and I am a professional caricature artist. I hope to combine all three in future posts, showing some art related to the tv shows feature on the DS Forums. I look forward to your feedback.

Very best wishes,

Ric.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1656331_10202241035599567_1656004631_n.jpg

Brilliant caricatures, Ric. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    hi,decided to join after reading the hilarious posts about bb.excellent forum guys:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hello! Hiya! Guten tag! Be gentle etc. x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shazza02 wrote: »
    hi,decided to join after reading the hilarious posts about bb.excellent forum guys:)
    Ian_Buchan wrote: »
    Hello! Hiya! Guten tag! Be gentle etc. x

• fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! Waves o/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I have a post office Broadband ZyXEL router that works fine with my work laptop as they are located in my office upstairs within a few feet of each other. My home laptop will not pick up a sufficient strength signal when used downstairs so I bought a Netgear Universal Range Extender WN3000RP to boost the signal. Installation was fine, the appropriate _EXT option appeared on my home laptop and I connected ok.

Within a few weeks however the connection has gone from intermittent to nonexistent in that the _EXT option won’t even appear on the list of possible connections. I now have the range extender plugged in within a few feet of the router and my home laptop alongside it; despite the proximity of these items the range extender shows a red light for the “link rate” and I cannot connect to the Internet.

By contrast I can log my home laptop onto the Internet directly via my original router when it is next to it and access the internet fine, so I am happy that the laptop is working ok, and I know the router is fine as I have been using it with my work laptop without a problem. Any ideas why my range extender won’t provide a decent boost to the signal and how I remedy it?
  • TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    Welcome aboard, folks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fleabee wrote: »
    Hello! Waves o/
    I have a post office Broadband ZyXEL router that works fine with my work laptop as they are located in my office upstairs within a few feet of each other. My home laptop will not pick up a sufficient strength signal when used downstairs so I bought a Netgear Universal Range Extender WN3000RP to boost the signal. Installation was fine, the appropriate _EXT option appeared on my home laptop and I connected ok.

Within a few weeks however the connection has gone from intermittent to nonexistent in that the _EXT option won’t even appear on the list of possible connections. I now have the range extender plugged in within a few feet of the router and my home laptop alongside it; despite the proximity of these items the range extender shows a red light for the “link rate” and I cannot connect to the Internet.

By contrast I can log my home laptop onto the Internet directly via my original router when it is next to it and access the internet fine, so I am happy that the laptop is working ok, and I know the router is fine as I have been using it with my work laptop without a problem. Any ideas why my range extender won’t provide a decent boost to the signal and how I remedy it?

Steve, you'd be better asking your techie problem HERE The guys who post there know their stuff.