Sleuths - can you identiy locations of mid-80s photos in Europe? Taken from a film...

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry OP I thought you'd perhaps left the forums but I see you're posting today, I thought I'd bump the thread.
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    bean999 wrote: »
    Sorry OP I thought you'd perhaps left the forums but I see you're posting today, I thought I'd bump the thread.

Ooo...totally missed this post so thanks for bumping! Wow, you really are some sleuth and totally correct on all counts as far as I can see. Will endeavour to update the site asap. In the meantime, theres some wonderful mid-80s photos of the John Cleese film Clockwise - many of which need identifying!

http://www.gloucestershireonscreen.co.uk/clockwise-john-cleese-and-art-of-film-locations
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting thread this :)

Did anyone else notice the time on the Church clock (St James I presume) at the time of the 1st car accident in London...

It's exactly the same as the time shown on the stree view image on Google Maps... (16:07)

Spooky :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo...totally missed this post so thanks for bumping! Wow, you really are some sleuth and totally correct on all counts as far as I can see. Will endeavour to update the site asap. In the meantime, theres some wonderful mid-80s photos of the John Cleese film Clockwise - many of which need identifying!

http://www.gloucestershireonscreen.co.uk/clockwise-john-cleese-and-art-of-film-locations
    I'll have a look at those OP when time allows. Great fun I've got to say, internet sleuthing, plenty of sources of info around but google streetview often provides the final answer, be very difficult without it.
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    coolguy121 wrote: »
    Interesting thread this :)

Did anyone else notice the time on the Church clock (St James I presume) at the time of the 1st car accident in London...

It's exactly the same as the time shown on the stree view image on Google Maps... (16:07)

Spooky :D

That IS spooky! Could it possibly be that the clock stopped many years ago and simply hasnt been fixed? Perhaps locals could tell us!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The road in London for the main hotel was actually Queensborough Terrace W23SY

As they head down to Bayswater road, the hotel on the Left of screen has been demolished and has a new build, but the corner building on the RHS is the giveaway.