Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Naughty Del Boy???????????????????????????????????????????????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jubbly's name has come up before. Someone who housesat for him while he was away filming was a wrong 'un, but Jubbly wasn't there and had nothing to do with it. Unless these are different allegations.

There are a few comedy legends in their 70s. We will find out in due course who this latest one is.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yaristaman wrote: »
    They should make the apology the same size and position as the original false article.

I agree.
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    So far we're only been hearing about cases filed under "Others" (not related to JS) but that doesnt mean there arent any? :confused: Is the Clifford case not related to JS?

This is one the issues that worries me, the lines can seem blurred when it comes to the 'others' strange of the Yewtree investigation. When there's mention of someone being arrested by 'Jimmy Savile police', of course people will link the person with him, when the article may go on to say their part of the 'others' strand, which means the may be suspected of activities which JS had nothing to do with. The mention of Operation Yewtree itself probably makes people think of him regardless, which isn't fair for those accused of non-child related abuse and whom may have never met the guy.

I thought their also investigating the JS & Others strand, ie. people who may have been with him when abuse was carried out but I haven't come across any mention of anyone being questioned or arrested specifically as part of that strand? is it all going on behind the scenes or are they not finding any evidence? who knows.

(Re - BiB) Is this one of the people Russell Brand apparently mentioned at the filming of one of his shows, which was reported in the papers recently? eh either way, people are supposed to be thought of as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The longer this investigation goes on, the more I feel uncomfortable in terms of how the press are covering it (specifically in relation to reporting people being questioned or arrested, throwing around misleading labels like mentioned above).

There's surely a risk that future trials could be compromised due to the amount of coverage in the press? even if they have a good amount of evidence, someone could be acquitted if its difficult (if not impossible) to find an unbiased jury?.

Surely given whats apparently happened in the past, the main objective should be to ensure solid conviction(s) are possible - they should put a blanket ban on people talking to the press claiming things on behalf of the police or CPS or whoever. If there's proof someone is a danger to the public or have committed criminal activity, they should be questioned, arrested and the usual criminal justice procedure used but, as Matthew Wright and probably others have mentioned before, the concept of (a) trial by media is quite dodgy territory and not something to be encouraged.

For one thing, names have been mentioned or hinted at in the press but how much do we know about the specifics of what their apparently accused of doing? I feel concerned about it. If someone who is genuinely guilty is let off the hook due to too much media coverage pre-trial, that would be a great injustice. I guess my opinions may be changing a bit from earlier on but its just a feeling I get from some of the things I hear in passing when I read about things on here or hear things in conversations, something makes me feel quite uncomfortable - the police must be walking on eggshells trying to get the balance right so people might know to come forward as potential victims, while also not totally ruining someones image when it may turn out that their innocent, especially if said person hasn't been charged (which I'd presume is due to a lack of evidence?). Hmmm... its all rather murky.
  • gemini666gemini666 Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when they hint at people and I can't wotk out who it is!
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    What annoys me is that the PR man is already spinning his story, "thanks to the public who are supporting him" How do we know if they are, I wouldn't but it doesn't stop him spinning it.

"My lawyers are looking into those who complained", a subliminal threat to those others who may want to do the same.

To me, in my opinion is that if there is no case to answer, why hint that they are going to look into peoples backgrounds. It isn't as if there was only one complaint, was there.

It sickens me that he is using his own spin used for celebs in this situation. What ever happened to truth, honesty and holding up your hands.
  • gemini666gemini666 Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is obnoxious, he made up that story about the Hamiltons, now he knows what he put them through.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gemini666 wrote: »
    He is obnoxious, he made up that story about the Hamiltons, now he knows what he put them through.

He will only know how it feels if the allegations against him are false. Even then, I'll have no sympathy for him given what he put them through.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jubbly's name has come up before. Someone who housesat for him while he was away filming was a wrong 'un, but Jubbly wasn't there and had nothing to do with it. Unless these are different allegations.

There are a few comedy legends in their 70s. We will find out in due course who this latest one is.

In fact one of the victims in that case has defended him online against others who have claimed he was a party to it, categorically stating he had no involvement at all and knew nothing other than having rented out his house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At what point do the police and CPS need to start proving their case. To me it seems really unfair to arrest someone, make it very public what they are being accused of and then leave the case in limbo as they hope new evidence emerges. How are those accused supposed to defend themselves against the allegations when the authorities try to drag this out and not bring it to court.
  • anonyyanonyy Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gemini666 wrote: »
    I hate it when they hint at people and I can't wotk out who it is!

look at a few posts down you will see a very popular and well known quote of who this latest one is about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smc81 wrote: »
    At what point do the police and CPS need to start proving their case. To me it seems really unfair to arrest someone, make it very public what they are being accused of and then leave the case in limbo as they hope new evidence emerges. How are those accused supposed to defend themselves against the allegations when the authorities try to drag this out and not bring it to court.

The problem the police have now is that if they dont act they will be accused of being like their predecessors, so they act and interview but then oftyen like other people who are arrested they have to bail to await forensics evidence, search evidence, also witness evidence has to be checked and to then assess all the material etc etc so its not often they can charge immediately. They may then charge or release with NFA , the problem is that being released with NFA to some people does not mean innocent as mud sticks ( and at times they may be right) but they cannot hurry up that process .

Then you get the CPS , I wonder if they will when even the slightest things are found will now say in certain celeb cases "go ahead and prosecute let a court decide" so they too are not accused of covering up or defending , it will be interesting to see once some cases get to court if there really is enough evidence and to see if it had beeen a normal person if it would have got to court , not saying everyone is lieing about being abused/assaulted at all but am just intertested to see how this pans out compared to other cases, in the sense of is it the same set of rules or are they being overly cautious .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    smc81 wrote: »

This is just what I was thinking myself. Far from "innocent until proved guilty", we are witnessing possibly innocent men being publicly humiliated, getting savagely pulled apart by social media sites, and have their TV programmes taken off air and performances cancelled. Even if they can prove without a shadow of a doubt that they are completely innocent, how can they be expected to recover from all this?
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes it could be a couple I have seen somewhere mention. Some one who complains about everything being suspect of wrongdoings. Hes in his 70s too.
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bullshit is Delboy a perv, no way, I want proof if his name comes up, i do NOt believe a word of it, no way
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bullshit is Delboy a perv, no way, I want proof if his name comes up, i do NOt believe a word of it, no way

Delboy is a fictional TV character.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just what I was thinking myself. Far from "innocent until proved guilty", we are witnessing possibly innocent men being publicly humiliated, getting savagely pulled apart by social media sites, and have their TV programmes taken off air and performances cancelled. Even if they can prove without a shadow of a doubt that they are completely innocent, how can they be expected to recover from all this?

I think its fair to say there are a number of people on DS who are disciples of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCywGhHQMEw
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aw i do hope it's not :( Is he in his seventies :o
  • eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's 73
  • Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people need to remember actors play characters, its not the character accused, and just because someone plays nice characters doesn't make them a good person (and vice versa).

In my opinion, this could be either Jubbly or I Don't Believe It, but I think its wrong for the press to leave it hanging, either identify or don't report it at all.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its fair to say there are a number of people on DS who are disciples of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCywGhHQMEw

:D So funny, so good, so terrible, so real. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :D So funny, so good, so terrible, so real. :D

So true
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Delboy is a fictional TV character.

urrggg i know!!!! well...whatsisname then ...David jason ? the guy who plays delboy, why do you have to be so pedantic?

back to what I was saying I DO NOT BELIEVE FOR ONE MINUTE DELBOY/DAVID JASON /THEACTOR WHO PLAYS DELBOY IS A PERV. END OF
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far of the 12 people that was interviewed only 3 have been charged.. the others further inquiries are being made !
    I personally think its the thin end of the wedge BBC is morally corrupt organisation and more will be arrested. But who is the real "badguy" in all this yes the BBC .
    They certainly knew it was going on but because of gagging orders on there staff to reveal what was going on they got away with things .
    Offcourse at least one director general resigned over this as it was obvious he knew a lot more than what he told the police and the press .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far of the 12 people that was interviewed only 3 have been charged.. the others further inquiries are being made !
    I personally think its the thin end of the wedge BBC is morally corrupt organisation and more will be arrested. But who is the real "badguy" in all this yes the BBC .
    They certainly knew it was going on but because of gagging orders on there staff to reveal what was going on they got away with things .
    Offcourse at least one director general resigned over this as it was obvious he knew a lot more than what he told the police and the press .

The BBC , a convenient whipping boy for the rest of the media, are we supposed to beleive the press did not conspire to withold information or that no such assaults involved ITV staff or premises ?
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Yes it could be a couple I have seen somewhere mention. Some one who complains about everything being suspect of wrongdoings. Hes in his 70s too.

The silhouette that was in the Mirror certainly doesn't fit the grumpy pensioner (unless he's wearing a syrup), so I really don't believe it (to coin a phrase).

It really could be anybody, it's not fair to throw names into the hat willy nilly at this stage, it must be dreadful for the people involved if they're innocent:(
This discussion has been closed.