ITV Be - Where Will It.... Be?

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
Forum Member
✭✭
When it launches, it won't be able to launch beside the current ITV channels so will it have to launch in the late 140's or early 150's? Can't see ITV being to happy about that. Could we see a +1 moving down the EPG or the current channels moving around to allow ITV Be to have a good EPG position? A more sensible order would be something like this:-

112 - ITV+1
113 - ITV HD
114 - ITV 2
115 - ITV 3
116 - ITV 4
117 - ITV Be
118 - ITV 2+1
119 - ITV 3+1
149 - ITV 4+1

Comments

• Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't it go at 111?
  • Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a chance that they will drop one of the +1 channels - certainly a possibility on Freeview.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a chance that they will drop one of the +1 channels - certainly a possibility on Freeview.
    That was my thought as well. There doesn't seem much point of having ITV3+1 and ITV4+1 going by Barb viewing figures.
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,596
    Forum Member
    The +1's of ITV3 and 4 were placeholding anyway on DTT, I can't see them getting rid on DSAT though.

LCN 111, I believe, was reserved by the BBC for whatever they may want to do with it, between themselves and Freesat they may decide to let ITV use it. If BBC Three does survive and they still intend to launch a BBC One +1 then this might go on LCN 111, otherwise who knows.

Sadly, what I can see happening is ITV putting Be on an existing +1 of ITV3 or 4 and messing the whole neat LCN ordering up!
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's already silly for ITV HD to be stuck at the end of the ITV group, same for Channel 4 HD. Surely they should be beside the +1's for that channel to keep the groups properly in order. If ITV are gonna start messing about with EPG numbers now to fit ITV Be in, now would be the time to re-order them as in my first post to put ITV+1 and ITV HD together, then have the rest in order.
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    It's already silly for ITV HD to be stuck at the end of the ITV group, same for Channel 4 HD. Surely they should be beside the +1's for that channel to keep the groups properly in order. If ITV are gonna start messing about with EPG numbers now to fit ITV Be in, now would be the time to re-order them as in my first post to put ITV+1 and ITV HD together, then have the rest in order.

Or better still, do an LCN swap with 103 for ITV HD in areas with matching SD regions (London, SE, Central W and Granada).
  • moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    If this channel is going to show old cult classics then Ill be happy
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    moviesman wrote: »
    If this channel is going to show old cult classics then Ill be happy

Nothing close.
    Its going to be ITV's new female focused channel taking over from ITV2 which will become ITV's comedy channel.
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Nothing close.
    Its going to be ITV's new female focused channel taking over from ITV2 which will become ITV's comedy channel.

Yep, endless repeats of TOWIE and Loose Women!
    Forum Member
    M60 wrote: »

Woop woop... he says, sarcastically :D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing close.

I thought ITV 2 already was - most of it is a joke :D:D
  • mrMickmrMick Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My idea of a nightmare then..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a parallel version of ITV2 popping up on 10.758 V, 22.000, 5/6 (id 10075) could this be the place holder for ITV Be ? - seems strange to have two versions of ITV2 on the same transponder. :confused:
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could be right.

But will ITV sacrafice a +1 on Freesat or will ITV Be be in the 150's...?
    Forum Member
    You could be right.

Id be surprised if they didn't shift a +1 out the way for it.
    But then again, this is ITV we're talking about, so who knows with them...
    Forum Member
    You could be right.

My prediction is that they'll potentially shift a +1 to the 150's (likely ITV3+1) and nudge the rest up. If they also launch a Be+1 then that needs to go somewhere as well!

My other thoughts are that they'll move ITV HD to the 150's, LCN swap it with 103 in the 4x macros that it simulcasts and then budge everything up 1 LCN, move ITV+1 down an LCN and hey presto, you've got two neat slots for Be and Be+1 between ITV+1 and ITV2.

Rumour had it 111 was reserved for the BBC at one point but if a separate BBC One+1 does ever materialise (whilst retaining BBC Three) then Alba could be moved to the 150's with little impact considering its niche viewing base and as BBC LF funded isn't commercially an issue wherever they are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... then Alba could be moved to the 150's with little impact considering its niche viewing base ....
    And who knows what will happen to BBC Alba after September 18! Could be a whole new ball game. ;-)
    Forum Member
    And who knows what will happen to BBC Alba after September 18! Could be a whole new ball game. ;-)

Yep, could become Scotland's international news channel although guess not. Alex Salnond would ask his mate Rupert to set up Fox News Scotland for that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we don't know where it will be (in the Freesat EPG) but we now know when it will be - there was a Tweet from the ITV Press Centre (last month - missed it :blush:) saying ITV Be is to launch on Wednesday October 8 2014.
    Forum Member
    So we don't know where it will be (in the Freesat EPG) but we now know when it will be - there was a Tweet from the ITV Press Centre (last month - missed it :blush:) saying ITV Be is to launch on Wednesday October 8 2014.

Yep, as yet unknown. It will launch on to all EPG's a few days earlier for full commercial trade tests prior to full launch, as Encore did on Sky.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member

This be the one: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-confirms-itvbe-launch-date#.U85K2IBdUh7

As it's an ITV free to air channel, it will almost certainly be on Freesat.
    Forum Member
    This be the one: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-confirms-itvbe-launch-date#.U85K2IBdUh7

As it's an ITV free to air channel, it will almost certainly be on Freesat.

Indeed it will, in SD only.
    The HD version will be the same as ITV2, 3 & 4 HD, pay channels
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The HD version will be the same as ITV2, 3 & 4 HD, pay channels

:(:cry: Except it doesn't look like there'll be anything on there I'll want to watch anyway, SWMBO doesn't like "women's programming" either. :)
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really care what slot channels occupy as you soon learn them what is annoying is when they keep changing. Yes ITV HD on 119 and Ch4 HD on 126 may seem illogical but it doesn't matter to me.